PDA

View Full Version : Who do you order your OEM parts from?

bob6364
07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Like the title says...Who and why?

bob6364
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Titus-Will is slightly cheaper the FPOL and gives you the shipping up front....I hate mystery shipping!

Bluerauder
07-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Like the title says...Who and why?
Any reason that you didn't include Ray "TheDealer" in your poll. He has been a valuable source for parts for the past 6 years or more.

bob6364
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Ummm...crap...was arguing with a mustang friend who was the best to deal with and plum forgot...sorry RAY!No way I can see to edit the poll...maybe Mods can and add Ray.

UncleLar
07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I used to get ALL my Ford and Mercury parts from Bert Weinman Ford in Chicago since 1973 when I was racing all the time.I used to get parts for 10% above dealer cost.Since they closed a couple years ago all the parts guys have scattered and I don't know where they're at any more so I pay near list now.That really bites.

Check out these prices on used 1 year old cars.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOX9jjr6z7E

hwy73
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I am fortunate that I live within striking distance to "Ray the Dealer's" location. He's always willing to lend a hand with his expertise, he helps out on prices, even with non-Marauder stuff, and even though I can readily drive there, he has shipped items to my door. He knows what a Marauder is (not a given at every Ford store) and doesn't look at you funny when you're buying a trans pan for an E-350 to put on a Marauder. Not to mention the cool Cruise-in / benefit car shows he organizes to help the families of the troops.
My vote goes to Ray. :bows:

TAKEDOWN
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I've used Ray the Dealer before and I'll continue to order through him for hard to find OEM parts.

Raudermaster
07-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I go to Ray when I need stuff that costs ridiculous amounts at dealer's around here :up:. I also get stuff from Wes too. :up:

teamrope
07-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't know how Titus Will made the poll.... I thought he was the local dealer for Tacoma, WA. Ray has beat him With shipping added by a substantial amont every time I've needed Ford parts, and I'm going to the show room to buy from Titus Will.

Joe Walsh
07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
i am fortunate that i live within striking distance to "ray the dealer's" location. He's always willing to lend a hand with his expertise, he helps out on prices, even with non-marauder stuff, and even though i can readily drive there, he has shipped items to my door. He knows what a marauder is (not a given at every ford store) and doesn't look at you funny when you're buying a trans pan for an e-350 to put on a marauder. Not to mention the cool cruise-in / benefit car shows he organizes to help the families of the troops.
My vote goes to ray. :bows:

i've used ray the dealer before and i'll continue to order through him for hard to find oem parts.

i go to ray when i need stuff that costs ridiculous amounts at dealer's around here :up:. I also get stuff from wes too. :up:

^^^ +1 +2 & +3! ^^^

I bought 2 trunk organizers from him and drove up* to Philly to pick them up.
Ray is a great guy and knows his Fords.

*(They were expensive to ship)

DOOM
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Ray's da man! :up:

Merc-O-matic
07-10-2009, 10:09 AM
See Ray, Fair price and quality service!

Gotta Love It!:)

bossguy
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I buy from Brownell Motors in Fishkill, NY because I'm the parts mgr there.

bob6364
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't know how Titus Will made the poll.... I thought he was the local dealer for Tacoma, WA. Ray has beat him With shipping added by a substantial amont every time I've needed Ford parts, and I'm going to the show room to buy from Titus Will.

WELL....I don't know about other parts of the country...but the asshats in New England charge list all the time.So most of us go mail order...pretty pitiful when you add shipping and beat the local dealers by a ton.Titus-Will actually has a pretty good web presents.

bigjon
07-10-2009, 09:14 PM
rockauto

from all the feedback though, i may have to check out ray...

RoyLPita
07-11-2009, 05:08 AM
I buy from Brownell Motors in Fishkill, NY because I'm the parts mgr there.

Like ^^Bossguy^^, I work for a Ford dealer and buy my parts there. And as of 2 months ago, I now work in the parts dept.

MyTMerc
07-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Bought my trunk organizer from Ray. He was cheaper than anyone and service was great! I received it within two days from my order. In Southern Maryland, that's amazing. My local dealer still wants to rotate my tires.

FordNut
07-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Sometimes from Ray, sometimes from my local dealer, occasionally FordParts.com. I like to support Ray since he's a MM.net supporting vendor but I also like to keep my local face-to-face dealership in business. He gives me a decent discount and there's no shipping charge so large items are a lot cheaper that way.