PDA

View Full Version : Finally installed my stereo system!

2,4shofast
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Well I finally got around to installing my audio into my Marauder. I didnt do anything over the top or crazy this time but it still took quite awhile to complete! I will give you a quick run down of the install and a few pics to go along with it. More pics are available on my cardomain page in my signature.

I installed Stinger expert battery terminals to my yellow top Optima batter and rewired the stock ground and power wires. I ran 4ga Stinger wires for power.

I used a Eclipse 6620 as the DVD/NAV unit, I really like feature and the fact that the buttons are very close to stock!

2,4shofast
07-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Installed dynamat from the bottom of the back seat to the trunk, the trunk was also coated with spray in bed liner before the dynamat was installed.

I used Infinity Kappa 6X8 components up front and modified the rear dash for Kappa 6X9's. The stock sub box was modified to accept a Image Dynamics 8" sub woofer...more details on cardomain.

I put a Eclipse 8 disc CD changer in place of the stock 6 disc.

2,4shofast
07-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I wanted to keep as much trunk space as possible so I went very mild on this set up :cool:

I made a amp rack that could close off the rear spare tire area of the trunk and still keep everything off the floor of the car. I ended up using a Infinity 611A to run an Image Dynamics 12" IDMAX, it turns out this amp which is the biggest Infinity had only has enough power for one voice coil so the sub doesnt react the way it should :( It will work until I figure another set up out.

A Infinity 6ch amp was used for the surround speakers and the 8". It runs them pretty well and has a very clean sound! I used all Stinger HPM wires for the entire install so I used the blue theme on the lights for the trunk and I also installed two 12V CPU fans in trunk with blue LED's in them to keep the air circulating in the trunk and keepin the amps as cool as possible.

This is only 9 pics of the 325+ I took during the install so if you have any questions or want to see pics that arent on my cardomain page let me know I will post them or send them to ya to help ya out if youre doing a similar set up. Enjoy:beer:

Vortech347
07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Can't wait to see the final product. Just the inside speakers sounded epic and the deck looks awesome.

Fourth Horseman
07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Interesting solution to mounting the amps and woofer in the trunk. Very clean install, man! What are the fans in the corners for? Is there heat built up behind the board?

Can't wait to see (and hear) this in person. :bows:

2,4shofast
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks Scott and Matt!

Scott the fans are to keep the air circulating in the trunk and keeping the amps a little cooler. The original design was to cut the amp rack out so the bottom of the amp was open to the air and not to resting on the wood with the bottom amp cover removed to aid in cooling as I have done in the past. This is still an option but I don’t think I will be needing it as they don’t get as hot as I would have expected. Any time your up this way let me know!

Vortech347
07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I think we need to go blow something up again. :)

TAKEDOWN
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow... looks clean, hopefully your windows and your ear drums can handle ALL that noise!

Rocknthehawk
07-13-2009, 09:17 PM
that looks like it takes up a lot of trunk room...

and is that a capacitor? why?

Fourth Horseman
07-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I think we need to go blow something up again. :)

I'm in! :D

2,4shofast
07-14-2009, 12:11 AM
that looks like it takes up a lot of trunk room...

and is that a capacitor? why?

It only takes up about the same room as the spare tire etc. I still have pretty much the entire trunk. Yes it is and why not?

Rocknthehawk
07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
It only takes up about the same room as the spare tire etc. I still have pretty much the entire trunk. Yes it is and why not?

Because it's absolutely useless for your application.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Nice job! Looks crazy!

2,4shofast
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Because it's absolutely useless for your application.

I use it for the LED read out to ensure the power is staying stable, but thank you for your concern;)

2,4shofast
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice job! Looks crazy!

Thanks bro:beer:

KillJoy
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
If you race at the Track.... take it out.

;)

KillJoy

2,4shofast
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I dont think I will be taking it to the track until after I supercharge it so it will be awhile.:lol:

Peace2Peep
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I love the stinger expert batt terminals...got them on my baby too!