PDA

View Full Version : Can this be true?

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I got a report, yesterday that a GM dealership had a mass Exodus of it's tech staff when the announcement was made that GM would no longer pay for new car warranty work and the employees who had done work on any of those vehicles would not be paid by the stealership.

The story goes that the mechanics backed their trucks into the shop, loaded their tools and ......left.

It's supposed to have happened in Frederick, MD or somewhere down that way, and I guess, if true, we're gonna hear a lot more about it. :confused:

Haggis
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
I got a report, yesterday that a GM dealership had a mass Exodus of it's tech staff when the announcement was made that GM would no longer pay for new car warranty work and the employees who had done work on any of those vehicles would not be paid by the stealership.

The story goes that the mechanics backed their trucks into the shop, loaded their tools and ......left.

It's supposed to have happened in Frederick, MD or somewhere down that way, and I guess, if true, we're gonna hear a lot more about it. :confused:

Yep, those ungrateful SOBs walked out without giving CEO Obama to work his magic and fix the ecomony.

SC Cheesehead
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Yep, those ungrateful SOBs walked out without giving CEO Obama to work his magic and fix the ecomony.

Yup, change you can believe in....

Haggis
07-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Yup, change you can believe in....

HaHa...:rofl:

Where do I get one for my Explorer.

Motorhead350
07-21-2009, 11:43 AM
It's turning into a political thread now, but since it's pro Republican it will stay open.

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Gordon, do you know where this happened?

LIGHTNIN1
07-21-2009, 12:03 PM
If that is a true story,it want be the last. There. Non political.;)

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
It's turning into a political thread now, but since it's pro Republican it will stay open.

If this is GM policy, it's big news.

The intent of this post is to learn if there are any other such reports across the country, not politics.

Folks, our newly self appointed moderator has spoken: please stay on topic.

O's Fan Rich
07-21-2009, 12:25 PM
How's a line mechanic going to make $ if he won't be able to do warranty work and people can't afford to pay for repairs?

Wait until Dr.'s start quitting.....

merc
07-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Here is some info about that might be helpful.
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/06/gm-car-warranty-confusion-saturn-saab-hummer-pontiac.html

If the mechanics in Fredneck walked out of there jobs it's because they can't read the announcements. Those republican hicks are always looking for an excuse not a solution. America wake up, we need to work together or start making room for your grandparents or other family members to move in. This in not just an american economical disaster but a global melt down.

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/06/gm-car-warranty-confusion-saturn-saab-hummer-pontiac.html

If the mechanics in Fredneck walked out of there jobs it's because they can't read the announcements. Those republican hicks are always looking for an excuse not a solution. America wake up, we need to work together or start making room for your grandparents or other family members to move in. This in not just an american economical disaster but a global melt down.

Mark, that article was published in June, and this aledged incident at Frederick happened yesterday. We have no idea who the mechanics voted for; but, as I've asked, lets keep politics out of this, and try to learn the validity of the story. Surely Frederick County Maryland is not the only place it's happened, if true.

Black Dynamite
07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Well I work in a GM dealership and nothing has changed for our guys.

Ask Black Noise too, he's a GM tech.

Ralph Sr.
07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
mike- i am on the gm impala, site at least 3-4 times, every day, same with corvettes sites, never heard of anything like that, in north america.!! maybe its at a ford/merc/ dealership, are you ok ? a little busting at the end... rkvette/ralph sr.

RF Overlord
07-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm throwing the :bs: flag on this one.

While the techs may have indeed walked out, I doubt it was for the reason stated. More likely (IMHO) the dealership itself was refusing the pay the techs...

Vortex
07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
More baloney.

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm throwing the :bs: flag on this one.

While the techs may have indeed walked out, I doubt it was for the reason stated. More likely (IMHO) the dealership itself was refusing the pay the techs...

Yeah, I'm thinking that's the case, Bob. That's why I asked.

If something did happen in Frederick, I'm sure Gordon will find out about it through his contacts.

Notice I called it a stealership.....:D

SC Cheesehead
07-21-2009, 04:11 PM
What happened to my photo? :rolleyes:

Marauderman
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Too much cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-had TO RELOCATE IT!!...:LOL:

CBT
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM

It was erased, but those of us who saw it will remind others years from now when people try and re-write history. I have spoken.

SC Cheesehead
07-21-2009, 07:33 PM
It was erased, but those of us who saw it will remind others years from now when people try and re-write history. I have spoken.

Hmmmm, is that change you can believe in....?:rolleyes:

Haggis
07-22-2009, 03:58 AM

Here it is I saved it....

Haggis
07-22-2009, 04:04 AM

Why is it always Republicans with you and why the 'hick' remark, kind of racist there? The Democrats are just as much to blame for the mess our country is going through. Everyone needs to open their eyes, that is why I joined an Independent political movement; check my signature. We as a country need to go back to the ideas of the Founding Fathers and the Constitution of America.

merc
07-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Why is it always Republicans with you and why the 'hick' remark, kind of racist there? The Democrats are just as much to blame for the mess our country is going through. Everyone needs to open their eyes, that is why I joined an Independent political movement; check my signature. We as a country need to go back to the ideas of the Founding Fathers and the Constitution of America.

Ok, I put this back in my pocket.

http://www.dotpenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/barack_obama_race_card.jpg

On another note did you find any local news about Mikes question.

gmtech
07-22-2009, 05:21 AM
business as usual at my dealer:confused:

rayjay
07-22-2009, 05:26 AM
http://www.dotpenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/barack_obama_race_card.jpg

Thats too funny :rofl: I always wondered what one looked like. Thanks Merc :coolman:

LIGHTNIN1
07-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Where is my shovel ready job I was promised?:dunno:

Haggis
07-22-2009, 05:51 AM
I have no idea what or where Mike Poore is talking about.

And just where that pic belongs under your butthole, don't fart to much you might bleach his skin like MJ's.

CBT
07-22-2009, 05:58 AM

Merc I didn't know you were a big ol' racist, how does Pam feel about that?

merc
07-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Merc I didn't know you were a big ol' racist, how does Pam feel about that?

She knows the truth. I like to get Gordon fired up. If you really want to get his goat talk about the 2 amendment rights. :flamer:

And just where that pic belongs under your butthole, don't fart to much you might bleach his skin like MJ's.

Not bleached but maybe blue.

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/blue-man-group-with-britney.JPG

CBT
07-22-2009, 06:25 AM
She knows the truth. I like to get Gordon fired up. If you really want to get his goat talk about the 2 amendment rights. :flamer:
I carry a copy of that with my guns. It is the only permit I need.

Haggis
07-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Not bleached but maybe blue.

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/blue-man-group-with-britney.JPG

:lol: That is what you looked like this past weekend.