PDA

View Full Version : Calvin hits the papers

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
The local newspaper reporter, hearing about the guy who drives around with the cat in the car, came by the other day to interview him. Here's the story: :cat:

Calvin as a Cat
Have you read the comic strip Calvin and Hobbs? From what I am told, I fit the bill of Calvin, which may be why I have the name. I am an Ocicat. I am a mix of the Domestic short hair, Siamese and Abyssian cats. I have the most beautiful spots and stripes on my tail. I am considered chocolate silver spotted, my undercoat is the most luscious color of silver you may ever see, on a cat that is. I have the Abyssian trait of the long lanky body; I am about a yard long from nose to tail tip (36 inches). I also have the Siamese trait of talking allot, I love to sleep under the covers and my markings have gotten darker as I age.
I was born on May 18, 2006 to Purrfurdots Triskits Silver Basket and Purrfordots Nova’s Pochbear at Trudy Kline’s Purrfurdots Cattery in Waynesboro, PA. You think my champion parents had long names, I was registered as Purrfurdots Zora Calvin, too much of a mouthful for me, Calvin will do just fine.
The day my dad, Mike Poore, picked me up and brought me home, I was hooked on riding in the car. I like to stand on the center console and watch the traffic, motorcycles and girls are my favorite. They always wave and oh and ah over me, I just adore the attention. When he is not driving I sit on his belly, with soft rock on the radio, so relaxing. Riding in the car means visiting people and what a “Chick magnet” I am. Don’t get me wrong, my dad is not bad looking, but compared to me; I take the cake. I love those wonderful soft hands stroking my fur; I guess you could say I am spoiled.
At home my mom, Barb Poore, is such a sweet heart; she gives me the sweetest treats. My favorite is cantelope. Yep, that sweet melon is so cool and tasty, I just cannot get enough. I also like chicken and wild goose. Give me some wild goose and I will do whatever goofy trick you humans can come up with. My mom and I have this game we play, at least I think so, when she runs the bath water, it is a race to see who gets in the tub first. Yes, I usually win and have to listen to her scold me until I get out.
When I first came home we had an interesting argument with those Boyd stuffed bears she collects. I found a liking to one and would carry it around with me. She would always take it back and I would have to go and find it again. She finally has given in and left it sitting next to my food dish, I am happy. Who said that persistence does not pay off?
I do like to play catch also. Those fuzzy little balls are fun to chase and bring back, then do it again. When I am done I will deposit them in Dad’s shoes, he loves to find surprises when he is getting dressed.
My morning schedule consists of my ¼ mile jog on the treadmill. At a speed of 2.4 mph at 6% incline, I am off. Don’t break my concentration because that means I have to jump off and jump back on. After my morning jog I lay out in the sun room in front of the sliding glass doors. That is until that pesky little squirrel comes around. He knows I cannot go out and loves to sit on the other side of the glass door and shake his tail at me. He had better hope I don’t get out.
Our family likes to go up to our cabin in Snowshoe. I am not allowed outside there either, but I have been known to charge past Mike or Barb when they have the door open. We then play a game of catch me if you can; it is rejuvenating. My favorite stop is Tops restaurant outside of Huntingdon PA. The ladies there bring me a ‘naked hamburger’ every time. MMMMMM good. Told you I was a chick magnet. I even receive my own Christmas cards. Woman love me and men fear me.

MM03MOK
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
I love it!! Did he take pictures? You'll have to scan the article and post it. :cat:

Mike Poore
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
You'll get your very own copy, Mary. There are lots of photos, but the reporter didn't share those, yet. The story I posted is a proof, although we suspect it's very close to the final version.