PDA

View Full Version : Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme question

Motorhead350
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I looked and looked, but cannot find any boards like ours to answer this question.

The flashers quit working and I know I have to replace that little tin can that makes the lights flash. Doe anyone know where it is?

The car is a 1994 BTW.

Thanks!

GetMeMyStogie
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
It's usually in the fusebox under the dash. It's got to be near the driver, so he can hear the thing clicking. Sometimes, they're on the reverse side of the fuse panel, so you have to unscrew it so you can reach the back side.

LIGHTNIN1
07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm trying to be logical here,and help,not insult.I'm assuming you do not have the owners manual, that shows this stuff, because of age of car. I'm with above poster on answer. let us know.

Motorhead350
07-23-2009, 11:58 PM
The manual showed the car has four fuse boxes. One in the glove box with a flasher fuse (change it, no go) and over above each wheel under the hood. I cannot find that sliver tin can. I had to change it on my K5 and know exactly what it looks like, but I cannot find it on this car.

A friend of mine has a 97 and he said it's under the steering column. I looked and looked, but couldn't find it even after removing the plastic.

Wags
07-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Dom,

Don't know for sure if this is correct, but here is something I found:

"It depends if you're talking about the turn signal flasher or the emergency flasher. The emergency flasher is directly behind the glovebox. If you're referring to the turn signal flasher, I just replaced mine last night without having to mess with the fusebox or glovebox. It turns out that it was attached by a clip on the right side of the ashtray frame inside the dashboard. I took out the removable "cup" part of the ashtray, then removed the two upper and two lower ashtray frame screws. Next, I pulled the frame forward and disconnected the small ashtray light. The power wire for the cigarette lighter can stay attached. After I slide the frame out the rest of the way it was easy to get to and replace the flasher unit."

Pete

Motorhead350
07-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks. I'll have to look next time that car is near me.