PDA

View Full Version : 2 Fast 2 Furious Car stolen

Motorhead350
07-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I saw the article in an Import magazine in Autozone and found it on-line. Seems like auto theft is on the rise or something...

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/05/fast-furious-nissan-gt-r-stolen.html

Does the comment below the article sound like BS or something that would actually happen?

Embassy
07-24-2009, 06:41 AM
the car was not stolen. It’s at the san diego auto auction right now , the tow truck driver told me they picked it up from the customs location in carson. The owner of this car was trying to sell it and someone informed customs about it. They broke down the door and took the car. Just saw the car two hours ago being unloaded from a flat bed. One other red skyline was also repoed or revoked and sent to customs and ended up at the auction as well.

When they have the paper work cleared they will both be sent to riverside under the vse corporation and either left to collect dust or destroyed.

FormulaMarauder
07-24-2009, 05:16 PM
All repo agencies have to notify police within 2hrs of towing a car for a repo or they get their cert suspended. I doubt the car had an active load against it. Besides, they wouldn't break into a ****ing garage to take a car, let's get serious here. Seems like a troll poster more than anything with that ridiculous post.

MrBluGruv
07-24-2009, 05:31 PM
waaaay too many inconsistencies in that comment on the story. Why after at least two years of being here and being converted, on top of the fact that if the guy can afford to build it up or even buy it in the first place he can probably afford to have it registered, would customs all the sudden be interested, enough to where they would force entry to take posession of it?

If that actually happened, there will be some legal hell to pay for the people that just took it.

I'd belive the story of just thieves taking the vehicle, although unless the garage didn't care at all about security I'd guess these theives are pretty experienced to bust in and take something of a caliber like that.