PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens to car thieves cars in Hartford CT.

FormulaMarauder
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Enjoy........
The video says it all.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20169967/detail.html

hot-rauder
07-25-2009, 03:38 AM
Good for you guys!! Glad to see someone taking action against them.

Krytin
07-25-2009, 04:22 AM
VERY Well Done!!!

SMOKE
07-25-2009, 04:31 AM
He-heee...came out good Paul....

Did you manage to get a few chumps to watch their own cars get crushed?

Jonathan

bobsawyer7
07-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Sweet!
Love it when a plan comes together :D
Thanks for posting this.

UncleLar
07-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Hmmm,do they leave the bad guys in the cars when they crush them? That would stop them from stealing another car for sure.

justbob
07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
I hope they did a VERY thorough investigation on these like it sounds! Could you imagine buying a stroked 5.3 that was stolen and getting your car crushed? Of course if your only paying 5-600 bucks it should be painfully obvious!

FormulaMarauder
07-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Trust me when I say these investigations were long and tedious. These cars, and a few others, were part of a long extensive "chop-shop" investigation that I so accurately named, "Operation Sticky Fingers." My crew and I shut down two illegal garages, and seized over a dozen cars in a matter of a few weeks.
These guys were part of the thefts. We weren't looking to railroad Joe Citizen who buys an engine on eBay and finds out later that it is stolen.

For those of you who don't know, the handsome bastard Detective is yours truly.

ts-pa
07-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Job well done!!!

TAKEDOWN
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda/Acura... they're actually doing them a favor!

justbob
07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
You are kinda handsome, don't answer any PM's from CBT. LOL.

After you make the arrest, how does their car become your property? Is there alot of red tape to cut to be able to crush them? Also, does the insurance company that covered the initial loss of lets say the engine found, do they get any right of claim? Good job BTW!

FormulaMarauder
07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
After you make the arrest, how does their car become your property? Is there alot of red tape to cut to be able to crush them? Also, does the insurance company that covered the initial loss of lets say the engine found, do they get any right of claim? Good job BTW!

Since the cars are legitimately insured and registered to them, we seek a court order to have them destroyed as being, "Part of a comission of a felony." When they are seized, they get held in impound as evidence until the court disposition, at that time the judges see the property receipt and request for destruction.
Thankfully, we have some state's attorney's and judge's that share the same vision we do. :beer:

You are correct in regards to the insurance companies though. They are the first notified when one of their engines from a recovered stripped theft is located. If the insurance company paid out of the theft claim, they have last say what they want to do with it, sometimes the courts will let us give the WHOLE car to the insurance company. Most of the time though, the insurance company doesn't want to deal with all the nonesense with having it removed/sold, etc. When that is the case, they just let us do what we want, that's when we ask for destruction. They go after the suspect in civil lawuit court on top of it. When the car doesn't have full theft coverage insurance, the court usually orders removal and install of the engine back to the original owner plus hefty fines, jail time, and monetary reimbursement to the original victim.

Hope I answered your questions.
Regards.
-PC

Phrog_gunner
07-25-2009, 03:13 PM
You are kinda handsome, don't answer any PM's from CBT.

That is no joke. I got one from him and was trying to just have some man talk and he gave me his phone number.....:puke:

justbob
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
You too?:shake:

Very informative! I'd have to think they were quite surprised at the bust! Did you make them watch the crushing?

LIGHTNIN1
07-25-2009, 07:00 PM
They should make them watch the crushing and then give them a souvenier like a key from it.

CBT
07-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Paul I saw a v-tech sticker on Phrog gunners valve covers, can you crush his car for me I think it's stolen.:D

W4LTD
07-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Don't forget, if the thief still owes money on the car, he still must satisfy his loan... Another whammy! :beer:

merc
07-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Hmmm,do they leave the bad guys in the cars when they crush them? That would stop them from stealing another car for sure.

+1 on this idea.

Mr. Man
07-26-2009, 07:53 PM
You should let the fire company practice the jaws of life drills, then crush them. Might as well get some use out of them first then send the crooks a bill for the crusher too boot.

RF Overlord
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Watch for the latest entry in the "Fast and the Furious" series:

"The Crushed and the Pissed"

Phrog_gunner
07-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey Paul I saw a v-tech sticker on Phrog gunners valve covers, can you crush his car for me I think it's stolen.:D

This coming from a guy with a Marauder engine in his Grand Marquis.......

ctrlraven
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
In CA they have been doing this also along with impounding cars with stolen parts, all goes to the smasher.

twin03
08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
It needs to be in the Maryland area too...

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-06-2009, 12:27 PM
there is a lot of donk-age and rice-age out here that would be better off not visually polluting my commute