PDA

View Full Version : Can Borla Stingers be fitted to rear of a Panther?

VictorCrown
07-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm considering an odd setup mostly due to the cool sound of these mufflers:

SW Long Tube Headers
3" Flow Thru Cat Backs
Magnaflow 3" Muffled X-Pipe
2 1/2 Tubes
Borla Stinger Mufflers near tips

Would it be possible to fit the Stingers far behind the rear axle on an early Aero (1993) with a new Marauder engine?

Thx for your advice, these are expensive mufflers and I don't want to have to put them on my '05 GT Stang which already sounds plenty good. :cool:

Vic

ImpalaSlayer
07-27-2009, 05:46 AM
not much room there with the trunk so deep and the emmisions crap. why not get under there and measure?

VictorCrown
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi Impala Slayer,

On my way to drive 50 miles to my mechanic's to do just that. Seems that we would all benefit from being able to place mufflers somewhere behind the bumper to get a deeper rumble from our tubes.

I'll get back to folks here soon with my early Aero conclusions, whales will need to measure their own.

Vic

VictorCrown
06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I finally measured the wide space on either side of the fuel tank and the 93 Crown Vic has ample space to install a 10 round Borla Stinger. So, guess what?That's what's going in! :cool:

Vic

Granite
06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
make sure you put up a sound clip! :)

VictorCrown
06-12-2010, 09:25 AM
make sure you put up a sound clip! :)

Hi Granite,

I'll definitely do that. Sound clips are what brought me to choose the Borla Stinger. People with these mounted on their Mach1's posted theirs on Youtube and it sounds better than most.

I am also glad to be mounting them as far back as possible, since that gives a throatier deeper sound from what I've been told.

Just a few more weeks to wait.

Vic