PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Sirius

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:04 AM
I told Ms. Denmark a secret the other day and I want to share it with the rest of marauder nation! If you have Sirius Radio in your car or home, you can set up an account with a user name and password to access your account for billing etc. This user name and password can also be used to stream Sirius Radio on your computer! Go to Sirius.com and there is a button that says "Listen Online", click that and then click "Launch Player", Type in your user name and password and enter the security password and start streaming! It is great! I listen to it every day at work on my computer, and also at the house when we have parties etc... I plug my laptop into the surround sound and you have your own personal DJ!!! Happy Listening!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/raylene826/SiriusDog.jpg

illwood
07-30-2009, 06:07 AM
I know about this one, but they block Sirius.com at work.

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear that! I don't know what I would do without my sirius at my desk!

I know about this one, but they block Sirius.com at work.

CBT
07-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear that! I don't know what I would do without my sirius at my desk!

Guess you'd have to find something else to do other than Boy George impressions?

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Love my Sirius radio! I listen to the streaming audio on the computer, and have a boombox at home so I can listen to it whenever I'm out of the car.

I also request it in my rental cars, I'm at the point that I just don't want to listen to "ordinary" radio any more.

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:06 AM
I had a rental when I cracked my car up and it was a brand new PT Cruiser with like 200 miles on it... I was listening to regular radio for like 2 days and then saw the sirius button on the radio and thought I would try it... DING DING DING! SCORE! Sirius radio!!! I was so happy, I couldn't stand regular radio!

Love my Sirius radio! I listen to the streaming audio on the computer, and have a boombox at home so I can listen to it whenever I'm out of the car.

I also request it in my rental cars, I'm at the point that I just don't want to listen to "ordinary" radio any more.

MERCMAN
07-30-2009, 07:24 AM
www.finetune.com

Have this on every day for my patients. Large selection of genres and you can also build your own "station" Commercial free and the best part,, its FREE!!

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Pandora.com is good too! Have it for my blackberry

illwood
07-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I have Pandora on my BlackBerry as well as Slacker Radio.

I like that you can cache stations with Slacker over USB if you want to listen in areas with poor signal.

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
www.finetune.com (http://www.finetune.com)

Have this on every day for my patients. Large selection of genres and you can also build your own "station" Commercial free and the best part,, its FREE!!

H, I just checked it out, thanks for the tip! :up:

Blackened300a
07-30-2009, 09:15 AM
The same is true for XM radio. I been doing it for years. Regular radio is the absolute worst.