PDA

View Full Version : Is this odd to you? Do I have OCD?

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Everyday when I get into my car, I start the car, turn the sirius radio on immediately after start up, and then (and here is the strange part) I take my pointer finger and wipe the dust off the lower lip on the 300A dash clock, then I put the car in gear... As you can see it is a fluid motion from left to right... start car, turn on Sirius, wipe clock, and put in gear... That alone sounds OCD, but my main question is, is it weird that I wipe the dust off the lower lip of the 300A dash clock, almost everytime I get into the car?!?!?
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_a78cc31a275942e4bdb4b2550e03 b3fe.jpg

CBT
07-30-2009, 06:13 AM
As long as you only use your finger to do it, I don't see a problem here.

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Everyday when I get into my car, I start the car, turn the sirius radio on immediately after start up, and then (and here is the strange part) I take my pointer finger and wipe the dust off the lower lip on the 300A dash clock, then I put the car in gear... As you can see it is a fluid motion from left to right... start car, turn on Sirius, wipe clock, and put in gear... That alone sounds OCD, but my main question is, is it weird that I wipe the dust off the lower lip of the 300A dash clock, almost everytime I get into the car?!?!?

Well, at least you're not wiping a booger on it...http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/picknose.gif

1sexyleo
07-30-2009, 06:18 AM
i see ur socks.....are u wearing high waters???

CBT
07-30-2009, 06:19 AM

Steve Erkel in the hizzy

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Nope... it was just the way I was sitting, and before you make fun of the white socks with khakis and dress shoes, I got holes in all my dress socks at hthe same time and am going to buy some new ones!

Paul T. Casey
07-30-2009, 06:27 AM
No. And don't fall into that foolish OCD trap either. While some folks do suffer from it, I'd best guess that 98.264872% are just fodder for the drug companies and head doctors.

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks Paul... I am just a creature of habit I guess.

Like CBT can't stray away from those damn trannies!

No. And don't fall into that foolish OCD trap either. While some folks do suffer from it, I'd best guess that 98.264872% are just fodder for the drug companies and head doctors.

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2009, 06:30 AM

While I may be inclined to agree with you, I feel the need to point out that you should carry all decimal percentages out to at least seven places if you want to insure accuracy.

mrjones
07-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Don't worry, you don't have ocd. A person with ocd wouldn't do that with their finger, because the dust and the finger would scratch the face of the radio. At least that's what my wife would tell me.

Bigdogjim
07-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Why do have so much "dust" on the lip of the clock? No dust any where else?

Your fine Mr. Monk

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't do it to the face of the clock, just the lower lip...

I don't have that much dust, during the pollen it was collecting and I would wipe it off... so I do it on start up everytime now! I don't know why... the dash has dust, but I don't go wiping down the dash on every start up... I don't know... like I said, it is a fluid motion from left to right and that is just in the path

fastblackmerc
07-30-2009, 06:44 AM
That's just like me starting the MM and immediately turning off the traction control.

Looks really funny doing that in my son's vette, daughters RX-8 and wife's Charger......

DOOM
07-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Why is there dust on the clock every time you get in the car? :confused:
You wanna see OCD take a look at my car. SPOTLESS :coolman:

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:05 AM
There isn't dust all the time... it just became a habit from the pollen time and now I do it everytime! haha at least it stays clear of dust!

Why is there dust on the clock every time you get in the car? :confused:
You wanna see OCD take a look at my car. SPOTLESS :coolman:

Bluerauder
07-30-2009, 07:14 AM
The fact that you do the exact same routine is NOT the problem. The fact that you noticed it IS. ;) At what point in this daily routine do you put your seatbelt on?

My routine is to get in, buckle seatbelt, start car, radio on, A/C (or defroster) on, wait for suspension compressor to shut down, put it in gear and go. Oh my, I am OCD too. :o

I think all of us are OCD to one degree or another with the MM. My compulsion is to do a complete walk around of the car every time I get in it. :D

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
I keep with the left to right fluid motion! hahaha I put the seat belt on first and then carry on the preparations for take off!

The fact that you do the exact same routine is NOT the problem. The fact that you noticed it IS. ;) At what point in this daily routine do you put your seatbelt on?

My routine is to get in, buckle seatbelt, start car, radio on, A/C (or defroster) on, wait for suspension compressor to shut down, put it in gear and go. Oh my, I am OCD too. :o

I think all of us are OCD to one degree or another with the MM. My compulsion is to do a complete walk around of the car every time I get in it. :D

Paul T. Casey
07-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Like CBT can't stray away from those damn trannies!

This however, causes me some concern....

CBT
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
This however, causes me some concern....

Trannys need love too!

Sully008
07-30-2009, 07:25 AM
That alone sounds OCD, but my main question is, is it weird that I wipe the dust off the lower lip of the 300A dash clock, almost everytime I get into the car?!?!?

I always do that in my Marauder. Always. It started in my XR4Ti when I daily drove that car. I wiped the lower lip of the clock of dust and continued on to the Marauder. I don't think it's OCD, just habit. Just like I also always turn off the Traction Control.

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't have to worry about the traction control!:D

I always do that in my Marauder. Always. It started in my XR4Ti when I daily drove that car. I wiped the lower lip of the clock of dust and continued on to the Marauder. I don't think it's OCD, just habit. Just like I also always turn off the Traction Control.

Egon Spengler
07-30-2009, 07:28 AM
I gotta admit, some of them are better looking than some women! I'll stick to the male <> female lovin'!

Trannys need love too!

CBT
07-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I got some male lovin'!

Oh? Do tell...

justbob
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Just try to not wipe it tomorrow and see what happens?

At least you don't have to enter through the RR door, crawl over seats, read page 38 and 52 in the owners manual, start car and shut off 16 times before heading off. Now that would be weird..........

SC Cheesehead
07-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Just try to not wipe it tomorrow and see what happens?

At least you don't have to enter through the RR door, crawl over seats, read page 38 and 52 in the owners manual, start car and shut off 16 times before heading off. Now that would be weird..........

Uhhhhh, why do you consider that weird?.....:o

Joe Walsh
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_a78cc31a275942e4bdb4b2550e03 b3fe.jpg

Nope...I think that you are just fine!!

Of course you didn't mention:

Adjusting the rearview mirror once.

Setting the tilt wheel adjustment twice.

Tapping the shifter handle three times.

Clicking the door lock button four times.

-Matt-
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Looks really funny doing that in my son's vette, daughters RX-8 and wife's Charger......

Can you adopt me?

Blackened300a
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
That alone sounds OCD, but my main question is, is it weird that I wipe the dust off the lower lip of the 300A dash clock, almost everytime I get into the car?!?!?

Dude, your not alone, I do the same exact damn thing everytime I get in the car and I dont know why. I took the car out tonight and I did it! It sits in a garage under a cover with zero dust but yet I have to wipe the damn clock face or else it drives me nuts.

WTF is wrong with me now?

ckadiddle
07-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Most MM owners are a little bit wierd about their cars. You just fit in. :)

Egon Spengler
07-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Well... I changed up the procedure order and am now having the worst day ever and it is only 8:24... I guess if I change any sequence of my daily routine it throws me all off! haha

CBT
07-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Most MM owners are a little bit wierd about their cars. You just fit in. :)

A little? Have you met knine? He's :loco: