PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here own or drive a Lincoln MKX or Ford Edge?

fordman
08-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Whats up guys,

My wife and I purchased a 07 lincoln MKX in January with 25k miles. Last month the brake pedal felt a bit mushy or soft if you will. I thought air got in the lines somehow. I took it to the dealership where they performed a bunch of tests including air in the lines,leaks, and master cylinder testing and everything checked out perfect. They said to replace the front pads and rotors. I took the car home, took the front tires off and the pads and rotors looked brand new. I decided to buy new ones anyways and put them on. After the new pads and rotors, the pedal was slightly better but no where near what the Marauder is or any other car for that matter.

I did a google search on the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX reviews where I learned that there have been complaints about the brake pedals in these vehicles and how they are soft. Just curious if anyone here has experienced this at all in these cars. Just doesn't seem right to me. Thanks.

Spectragod
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I had the same issue with my Marauder and LX Sport, soft pedal, if you held direct pressure on it, it would go to the floor, the dealer told me this was "normal", we came to a better understanding, my problem was the master cylinder having an internal leak, they didn't want to change them, but did, now all is well.

Maybe you can get a set of Wilwoods for it, that should firm it up a bit. ;)

O's Fan Rich
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
no issue with my 08 mkx- 28k miles