PDA

View Full Version : Here is my new guitar...

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
http://dantheman1969.files.wordpress. com/2008/01/iceman-08.jpg

I am getting the white one. I am literally getting rid of three that I never use for this one. It's the only guitar that's ever felt right and looked great.

I usually use my Strat, but everyone has one and mine sounds ok, but not great. My Gibson Flying V is cool, but it's not as easy to play as a Fender.

This Ibanez will be the best of both worlds and yes I know it's Japanese.

:D

a_d_a_m
08-04-2009, 01:05 AM
I never pictured you to be into those sorts of guitars.

I mean, dude, Paul Stanley plays one of those!

Also, I have a Gibson V as well, it's bad ass.

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm usually all about American, but something about this one got me.

a_d_a_m
08-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Well, congrats. I like it, I just didn't think you would.

UncleLar
08-04-2009, 06:40 AM
I think it's actually made in China Dom.
If you ain't got it yet and are getting it at Guitar Center I could probably go in there with you and maybe save you some dough.They know me in there,I bought a lot of axes there.
How's that little Teisco doing?

CBT
08-04-2009, 06:49 AM
http://dantheman1969.files.wordpress. com/2008/01/iceman-08.jpg
I am getting the white one.
:D

Looks like something Prince designed. Which is not a slam by the way, I think he's one of the best guitar players ever. Little freak can jam.

Marauderjack
08-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I like the black one.......the white one looks.....GAY!!!:eek:

Blackmobile
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I like the black one.......the white one looks.....GAY!!!:eek:

I have to agree, the black one has more character......Just like the Marauder. :D

03calitejas
08-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Sweet looking guitar Dom...I'd be partial to black also (check out my new avatar thingy :D)

Hey can you remember to have an extra CD of yours in your car so you can hook me up with it over the weekend? My son thought it was realllly cool but I never got a chance to listen to it.

See ya in a couple days

John

Joe Walsh
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I've got to vote for our local boy....'PRS' FTW!

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I am getting it from Chicago Music Exchange.

Why does it look gay? You say gay like it's a bad thing.

MXSG
08-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I dig it. The black might look a little "cooler", but white with the black accents looks sharp too and it's going to be far more unique than a regular old black one.

I went with "Ebony Stain"(which is just an amazing shade of brown) on my Gibson SG to be a little different from the rest.

My next guitar will probably be something light colored.

hot-rauder
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Dom, try the newer Charvels. My brother loves his oplder Charvel, so he ordered a new custom shop one. It plays AMAZING! He was neverous having a bare neck on it, but it was so smooth and fast to play he couldnt imagine a better guitar now.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/al4.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/al3.jpg

He had 14 at once, but has downsized since. 2 Charvels ( 1 the one mentioned above), Kramer dual bridge humbucker, Jackson Kelly, Custom shop #1 from NAAM Jackson Kelly, Jackson Randy Rhodes V, Gibson stusio Les Paul, Fender Bullet, custom shop $2k Washburn Dimebolt from 2001, Dean Dime,

Takamini acoustic, Ibanez 12 string, Kramer acoustic w. electric neck, baby taylor

some:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/al1.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/al2.jpg

Marauderjack
08-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Why does it look gay? You say gay like it's a bad thing.

What next....I don't think I'm ready for this!!?? :eek: :shake:

RF Overlord
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Dom, just drag it behind your Blazer for awhile...gotta make it look like something Stevie Rave-on would play....

CBT
08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Dom, just drag it behind your Blazer for awhile...gotta make it look like something Stevie Rave-on would play....

SRV for the win:beer:

Motorhead350
08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I didn't get it. The people who were going to buy my old guitars quit calling me back. My girlfriend even offered to buy one for the price it sold for when it was new, but I told her I didn't wanna make my problems her problems. The shop only wanted to gimme $100 for each guitar and that was a bit insulting.

Bummer... :(

bluesfan
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
We had the pleasure of visiting the Chicago Music Exchange one time while traveling. I am still in a state of shock.
Don't give up on the axe. I have to always have one just a little out of reach for awhile before I get it to make it a little more treasured. What are you cutting loose with? Currently a Gretch Duo Jet is eluding me due to the painfull realities in life that come with being somewhat an adult and making sure the major bills are covered. It will be mine!

MMARAUDER
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I think it's actually made in China Dom.
If you ain't got it yet and are getting it at Guitar Center I could probably go in there with you and maybe save you some dough.They know me in there,I bought a lot of axes there.
How's that little Teisco doing? not saying your wrong and im right but i thought ibanez came outta japan myself:dunno:

UncleLar
08-06-2009, 03:32 AM
not saying your wrong and im right but i thought ibanez came outta japan myself:dunno:

"Most Ibanez guitars were made for Hoshino Gakki by the FujiGen guitar factory in Japan up until the mid to late 1980s and from then on Ibanez guitars have also been made in other Asian countries such as Korea, China and Indonesia."

All of the hollowbody Ibanez guitars I've had (5 of them) were made in China.
The Japanese produced guitars are the most desired,followed by the Korean manufactured ones.The perception is the Chinese made examples aren't very good is a misconception,like I said,I had 5 of them and I liked them all.Of course mine are/were less than 7 or 8 years old.
Dom has seen my guitars and I think he's agree.

Dom,I've been selling mine on Craigslist and if you can put up with all the scam attempts and low ballers,etc. you can sell them there for a reasonable price if you just keep posting them over and over every Friday morning.I've only had 1 guy not buy one of my guitars after looking at it.It was for his son,a day later he said the kid wasn't into a hollowbody but that was after he'd called me that night and asked where the guitar was made,when I said China I think he figured it was junk with that Made in China is garbage notion.Heck,it was/is a very nice Ibanez AK 85 with one ding in it and not another mark on it for $210,a steal at that price.One guy actually bought 2 guitars from me when I told him I had more for sale. He bought the "Pimp Daddy" Epiphone Wildkat Deluxe Ltd Ed. I loved and a Hamer solid body SATF.
If you want some advice on cutting down on the scam attempts in Craigslist ads I can help you there,just call me.

Marauderjack
08-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I found you cheap one Dom!!!;)

illwood
08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
When did Ibanez start putting their "newer" inline headstock design on the Iceman series?

Nice guitars, are you going to swap out the pickups with anything interesting? Duncan, EMG, DiMarzio. . .