PDA

View Full Version : OK Kids Gather Around....

martyo
08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
As you probably know, I have not been on the site in quite a while.

There were a number of reasons.

About a year and a half ago, I decided to make major changes in my life which included the sale of my house and business and my withdrawal as Chief Operating Officer of a long time client’s business. These changes were all motivated by my desire to reduce the stress in my life due to some serious health issues I was facing, while at the same time finding a way to enjoy life.

So, with that plan in mind I decided to move from New York to Georgia where my best friend, Jeff (Shankin) and half of my car collection were already living.

Around the same time, the drama level between the two sites was increasing and the “haters” (they know who they are) started popping up with comments about my Marauder and other car purchases. As a result, I decided to focus on other things and left the sites without drama or fanfare.

Life has improved. In fact, LIFE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD!

I live 10 minutes from my best friend (less if I drive my 702 rwhp ‘03 Cobra) and am surrounded by cars.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I built the shop of my dreams – it is called MO SPEED SHOP.

It looks like this:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/BadSS013/MartyO/Part2/Group.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/BadSS013/MartyO/Part2/1.jpg

As you can see, our car collection has grown.

We are constantly working on the collection, turning wrenches, buying, selling, driving, and just plain old enjoying!!!

In doing this it is great to be hanging out with my buddy Jeff and the crew at MPH (Andy, Tim, Brandon, and the rest of the gang).

Well recently, I got some messages from my old friend, Glenn Packard who wanted to know if I was interested in coming back around and even attending the Fat Car Shoot Out.

Hmmmmm, I thought. Let me discuss it with Jeff and see what he thought.

Well, we decided to wake the old girl up and get some of the dust off of her. She had not run in about 3 years. And, despite the chatter around the sites, there was no new motor put in her. Same old combo: 4.6, Procharger F1R, and a TH 400 tranny. We did change the fuel lines and pump because the car had been sitting out in the weeds for quite some time. In fact, I think Tim @ MPH was even using it as a dog house for a while (he trains some of the baddest personal defense German Shepherds you have ever seen – do not show up at their shop late at night without express permission!!!!).

Anyway, with the rousing support of some of the really good people on this site (and the moral support of Donny Carlson who could not attend), last Sunday we loaded up the Ol’ Girl and took her to the track and made a couple wake up passes. Not bad, she held together (always a good thing!).

With Jeff behind the wheel, we grabbed back the Worlds Fastest (and Quickest) Marauder title with this time slip:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/My-Marauder/10_29_slip.sized.jpg

Well, not wanting to have the haters say it was a fluke, with Jeff at the wheel again, we backed it up with this time slip:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/My-Marauder/10_21_slip.sized.jpg

And for those still drinking their Hat-O-Rade, yes Jeff was driving and I wasn’t. An important reason for this is Jeff is licensed to drive in the 9's and I am not.

So, at this point, all I can say is “See you in the 9's” because they are coming and they are coming soon!!!

Once again, I could not have done any of this without Jeff, Andy, Tim, Brandon and the rest of the MPH posse! Thanks fellas!

Oh yeah, we will be at SSHS9 because Glenn asked us to be. And, we will have the world’s fastest Challenger with us too.

I have to run. I need to respond to all of these PM’s about fender badges....

Blackmobile
08-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Nice to see quality posts, and people on the site again. :2thumbs:

SC Cheesehead
08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Marty,

Good to see you back, and man, love that shop! Great pics.

Look forward to seeing you at SSHS9.

MM03MOK
08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
You've been missed, Martin. So glad all has improved for you, even though you moved South of the Mason Dixon line. ;) Welcome home, my friend!

merc
08-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Make mine diet Hat-O-Rade :banana2:

Bluerauder
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Congrats Marty. :up: Glad to see that you are back and doing well and feeling better. Missed ya around here.

Bigdogjim
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Marty: You come a long way since we first talked at the Long Island meet in March of '03. Glad to see you kicked back and are doing want you like. Nice job with the marauder,I am sure the 9's will happen very soon! :up:

Nice collection you put together:)

Enjoy and congrats!

Mike Poore
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey, Marty. The first photo didn't show the Yellow '93 Mustang, but I see she's respectfully hovering just above the Cobra. We were glad to see Donnie make a return visit, and I might add very pleased to see your return, and learn of your newly found happiness. Life can be good, if you're willing to do your part. Good for you. :)

CRUZTAKER
08-04-2009, 08:16 AM
We (my family) miss you man!

I'll have to give you a call sometime.

martyo
08-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Hey, Marty. The first photo didn't show the Yellow '93 Mustang, but I see she's respectfully hovering just above the Cobra. We were glad to see Donnie make a return visit, and I might add very pleased to see your return, and learn of your newly found happiness. Life can be good, if you're willing to do your part. Good for you. :)

The Vert is a W.I.P.

It is getting a mod motor from a Mach 1. We are putting cams in that motor too.

The car is being 5 lugged and we are mounting up some chromed 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels (unique).

The car will get done....eventually!

martyo
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
We (my family) miss you man!

I'll have to give you a call sometime.

Please do!

How is Jess? Gage? The newest one?

juno
08-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Glad to see that life is good again!!!
Thanks for posting all the info and the Pics!!!!!

You must have performed some magic to get the MPH folks to work with you on the Marauder. I couldn't get much interest from them a few years back.
They do a heck of a job on the stangs though!!

Looking forward to seeing the MM in the 9's!!!!

fastblackmerc
08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Great to have you back.

Does your shop work on other than your own cars?

martyo
08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
even though you moved South of the Mason Dixon line

Yep, but DQ is just a few miles away!

Say hello to Bob!

martyo
08-04-2009, 08:25 AM
You must have performed some magic to get the MPH folks to work with you on the Marauder. I couldn't get much interest from them a few years back.

It is owned by my brother and best friends.

If you need something, hollah!

martyo
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Great to have you back.

Does your shop work on other than your own cars?

We try to avoiding working at all costs!

That is why we put the big screen TV and stereo in!!!

03calitejas
08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Marty,

Havent met you yet but I hope you keep visiting the site now and then. The obnoxious folks make a lot of noise but I've learned to filter out a lot of the chaff as I get older. I admire your decision to make serious changes in your life- it's never an easy path...I took a similar fork in the road a few years ago and I am happier than I could have ever imagined.

and OMG, dude, you are living in car heaven. That garage looks like something Quentin Tarrantino would dream up for one of his movies.

Congrats on the wicked record run and I hope to meet you sometime down the line.

John

Glenn
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Great to see your postings Marty - you have been missed by all. Thanks for bringing back the olde girl and thanks to MPH for their support. She did an awesome job at AID. 9s are in her for sure. We are all looking forward to SSHS9 to see you take home the "Big Dog" trophy. But, it looks like you will definitely have some strong competition.

Thanks again for putting the "Marauder" back on the track.

Glenn :beer:

ctrlraven
08-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Dreams do come true, congrats Marty!

Haggis
08-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey Marty welcome back. :D

Dr Caleb
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Good to hear your are doing well Marty. Nice shop!

I still dream of building something as strong a racer as Legal Knevil.

MeadeRaudeR
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Marty, congrats on all counts, that is one helluva beautiful speed shop!! Glad to hear you are living the life, sounds like tons of fun, I am envious...:beer:

Vortex
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome back! Can I please have one of your black Nova's? You have one too many!

martyo
08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Welcome back! Can I please have one of your black Nova's? You have one too many!

I gave the one on the left to Jeff, so you would have to ask him!

I do have a '71 with a ZL-1 motor, a Tremec 5 speed, and 6,000 documented miles on it for sale.

:cool:

Phrog_gunner
08-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Im new to the site and got here after your hiatus, but Im glad you were able to leave your job and destress, and were able to comfortably do so. Im not going to lie, Im also a little jealous. :beer:

oldekid
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Glad to see you back Marty.

Love those pics.

ParkRanger
08-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Glad to read your opinions again.

PR :burnout:

Joe Walsh
08-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome back Marty!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and Congrats on the New World Record! (in ridiculous heat & humidity no less...:bows:)

Your 'Speed Shop' is awesome, and very much what my dream garage will be when my Mega Millions Lottery ticket hits....
although I probably will have more Fords and a few less Chevys...:P

merc
08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Looking at your site you have a few parts for sale. Do you mind posting some of the items.

martyo
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
although I probably will have more Fords and a few less Chevys...:P

Don't be hatin' I have a bunch more Fords that are not pictured. :D

We have a sweet '66 Fairlane that will be the MO FO!!!

martyo
08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Looking at your site you have a few parts for sale. Do you mind posting some of the items.

What are you looking for?

RoyLPita
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Marty,
I still owe you the "Old Girl's" production sequence number. So, PM me the VIN when you can.

Also, did you upgrade the axle shafts to 35 spline?

BTW, Welcome back. You have been missed around here.

Pops
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome back Marty and a great job on the time slip. I changed my screen name so you know me as John Kuhn. I have the Gas Ronda Tribute car. You have to tell us about the Fairlane!

John

Joe Walsh
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome back Marty and a great job on the time slip. I changed my screen name so you know me as John Kuhn. I have the Gas Ronda Tribute car. You have to tell us about the Fairlane!

John

Yes! Yes!

I'm hoping that he bought that nasty black '67 with the BOSS 559 engine....:eek:.... that we saw for sale at Carlisle!

martyo
08-04-2009, 12:08 PM

John

Man, I think about your tribute car allllll of the time!

How is it doing?

We almost built a T-bolt with a cammer motor but didn't get on top of purchasing the body quick enough. Oh well, that's racing!

I got a low mileage two owner numbers matching '66 Fairlane. We are going to do teh whole car over. It will be red on red with some serious paint. My buddy will do the paint and then use the car as a demo piece for his business.

We are going to put a relatively mild 302 F.I. motor in it and an AOD transmission.

I want the car to be able to drive anywhere and make a statement when it does.

This car is likely to take some time, but it will be worth it.

Pops
08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I have rebuilt the motor Marty. It is now a 482. I got the car back a couple of weeks ago and have not had much seat time in it yet. The old motor had the wrong pistons in it and was about 7 to 1 compressiopn. Its now 10.5 and we changed the cam. It seems strong on the street. A trip to the track will be soon! :D

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I love the Chevy trucks!!!

offroadkarter
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
welcome back marty! I see your huge car collection hasn't diminished :D

Whats that red mustang in the top right of your garage, im going to say an 01 cobra? I dont remember you having one of those

martyo
08-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I have rebuilt the motor Marty. It is now a 482. I got the car back a couple of weeks ago and have not had much seat time in it yet. The old motor had the wrong pistons in it and was about 7 to 1 compressiopn. Its now 10.5 and we changed the cam. It seems strong on the street. A trip to the track will be soon! :D

Store it at my shop.

I will keep it out of your way!!!!!!

Pops
08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I have been thinking about bringing it to SSHS9 instead of my grand Marquis just for time trial runs. By the way I have a complete 428 driveline for the Fairlane sitting here!;)

martyo
08-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I have been thinking about bringing it to SSHS9 instead of my grand Marquis just for time trial runs.

Do that and Jeff and I will probably leave the Old Girl on teh trailer and hang out in your pit area all day!

By the way I have a complete 428 driveline for the Fairlane sitting here!;)

When did you say you were arriving for the Fat Car Shootout????? :D

Pops
08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I will get there any time you want me Marty. I always show up early. It would be nice if they added a Nostaglia class with no Mustangs and Camaros. It would be fun!:) It would also create another show and more people in the stands. Are you listening FORDNUT!:D I would buy the trophys for it.

Krytin
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome back Marty!
Oldcastle APG has offices in Atlanta - maybe I'll get down there one day on a business trip!

CRUZTAKER
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh yeah...BTW...I meant to give props to the photographer. You guys rented a lift didn't you?

And the cars look cool too...:D

jdando
08-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey Marty!

Good to see you posting. Congrats on the fast runs!

justbob
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I must have joined right after your deparcher. Welcome back, very nice run!

merc
08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
What are you looking for?

Never mind I thought I saw Marauder fuel rails, but they were cobra rails. P.M. for other junk that might be interesting. I am always looking.

Shankin
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah...BTW...I meant to give props to the photographer. You guys rented a lift didn't you?

And the cars look cool too...:D

We have our own forklift with a bucket for lifting people up in. Makes it easy to move all of our stuff around and add new signs to the building.

Shankin
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Do that and Jeff and I will probably leave the Old Girl on teh trailer and hang out in your pit area all day!

When did you say you were arriving for the Fat Car Shootout????? :D

Please post pics of this car!!!!PLEASE!

Shankin
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
welcome back marty! I see your huge car collection hasn't diminished :D

Whats that red mustang in the top right of your garage, im going to say an 01 cobra? I dont remember you having one of those

Its one of our project racecars we are putting a BBC in with a couple kits and a glide.

rayjay
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Sweet shop Marty. Its nice to know someone gets to live their dream. Thanks for coming back around. :beer:

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome back, Marty, my friend. You have been sorely missed.

RF Overlord
08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Marty, welcome back...long time no see...

I swear I looked at your first pic, the aerial one, and said "that's a model...and those cars are all 1/24 scale from AMT". Then I looked at the other one and said "OMG...that lucky bastage!" :D

MyTMerc
08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Welcome back Marty! Glad to see your living the dream. You've got us all drooling over that great shop and hot cars. More importantly, living happy. Look forward to hearing more about that great stable of American Muscle.

martyo
08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I swear I looked at your first pic, the aerial one, and said "that's a model...and those cars are all 1/24 scale from AMT". Then I looked at the other one and said "OMG...that lucky bastage!" :D

That is why I love that picture!!

Come see it in person!!!

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Here's a link to HD vid of a run before the record breaker.

http://mssftw.com/videos/HD-marto-10-48.wmv

1stMerc
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Welcome back Martyo. Congrats on that awesome cobweb burnin, weed eatin, snake squashing, shakedown run. D**n nice shop and stable of cars.

BTW, fender badges are holding up great.

FordNut
08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
That is why I love that picture!!

Come see it in person!!!

I'd love to! Let's fire up the grill and cook some meat, kick back and knock down a few cold ones!

martyo
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I'd love to! Let's fire up the grill and cook some meat, kick back and knock down a few cold ones!

I believe that Donny and Chuck are headed this way the last weekend in September.

TAKEDOWN
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I'm glad to hear things are better than good, hope to meet you one day.

cruzer
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Welcome back, my friend. I am so happy you have found your "Happy Place". I am going to pull the pics of your Marauder sitting in my garage in '03, waiting for you and the Gang to arrive at DFW for the first Marauder meet at Ennis. Then having breakfast at Waffle House and flooding the parking lot washing our cars. Before the meet was over, you had gone from an up-tight NY lawyer to a hooked Marauder owner and racing nut. I miss the times with 30+ in the Chat Room. I am now a REALLy old man of 80--who is just as enthusiastic about life as I was the day we first met right here--and Ginny still hates airplanes, fast cars and somebody who talks too much (remind you of someone you know :D) . I am glad you have learned to take the time to enjoy life and appreciate all the wonderful things around you--Sorry I won't be able to get to see you in the immediate future. Good luck and have lots of fun. I truly cherish our friendship and look forward to many more years to enjoy it. :burnout: Maury

GarageMahal
08-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Can't wait to see you in the 9's. Glad to see you here again :banana2:

jta

cassidy
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Which Hot Wheel set is the photo from ???

:Offtopic:

Fourth Horseman
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey, welcome back, man! :beer:

martyo
08-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Welcome back, my friend. I am so happy you have found your "Happy Place". I am going to pull the pics of your Marauder sitting in my garage in '03, waiting for you and the Gang to arrive at DFW for the first Marauder meet at Ennis. Then having breakfast at Waffle House and flooding the parking lot washing our cars. Before the meet was over, you had gone from an up-tight NY lawyer to a hooked Marauder owner and racing nut. I miss the times with 30+ in the Chat Room. I am now a REALLy old man of 80--who is just as enthusiastic about life as I was the day we first met right here--and Ginny still hates airplanes, fast cars and somebody who talks too much (remind you of someone you know :D) . I am glad you have learned to take the time to enjoy life and appreciate all the wonderful things around you--Sorry I won't be able to get to see you in the immediate future. Good luck and have lots of fun. I truly cherish our friendship and look forward to many more years to enjoy it. :burnout: Maury

Maury, my fondest MM memories start with you!

And, for the record, I have always figured you would out live me!!!! :banana:

Mike M
08-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Marty...your a classy guy!

martyo
08-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Marty...your a classy guy!

Hey man how is your shop going?

And, the Camaro????

in2deep
08-05-2009, 06:04 AM
^^^^I just read the link in your signature martyo, hilarious! :laugh:

CoreyM75
08-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Hello. I have to ask, are there any more fender badges left?

martyo
08-05-2009, 06:53 AM

There are none left, but with the pernission of the site owners, I would consider offering up another run of them.

knine
08-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I have the last two known to exist in the whole world. Brandy new in the package. Muwahahahahahahahahaha.

p.s., welcome back Marty !!!!

Krytin
08-05-2009, 07:16 AM
There are none left, but with the pernission of the site owners, I would consider offering up another run of them.

Ok - THIS time I HAVE to buy a new set - the old ones have spent one too many winters outside/on the road.

I just can't seem to keep wax/clearcoat on the nose of my car!

PRCARGUY
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Sweet shop Marty. Its nice to know someone gets to live their dream. Thanks for coming back around. :beer:
Ditto!!! :banana::banana2::banana:

Paul
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Welcome back!

CRUZTAKER
08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Ok - THIS time I HAVE to buy a new set ...

...or two, or three.

These things held better value than my 401k. :cool:

FastMerc
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Glad to see you back and living the dream!Those are some cool wheels there.And go for the 9s go for it I want to see that... :banana2:

martyo
08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
...or two, or three.

These things held better value than my 401k. :cool:

Do you know how many clients I have put into fender badges????

1stMerc
08-05-2009, 08:42 PM
I know i have four of them.

Mike M
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey man how is your shop going?

And, the Camaro????

The shop is great and staying busy. The Camaro is just fine...I have owned it 33 years now and it stills scares me (How great is that!). I glad your feeling fine and having fun. Your garage looks great and the cars are just too cool.
I keep talking myself out of going back east for a visit, getting out of Jersey was one of the best things I ever did.
I think I might take the Camaro to work tomorrow in honor of you!

Take care...
Mike

martyo
08-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I think I might take the Camaro to work tomorrow in honor of you!

Yes sir!!!

Bradley G
08-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Glad you're Back Brother, you were missed.
Even happier you have found your peace.
Awesome accomplishments Martin!
I know at least one guy who has a taste for your title :coolman:

MarauderTJA
08-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Glad your back Marty! Good to see a Procharger back on top:banana2:. Been quiet, SC wars are over, everyone with SC's getting along. About time. My car has come a long way since we were together at SSHS5. Really looking forward to seeing your car run this November. I would love to line up next to her. Realize I can't beat your Marauder, but hopefully I will be close within a couple of tenths;)....all in fun and that is what it is about. BTW, Great shop, love the cars.