PDA

View Full Version : Beep Bleep Bleep Beep Bleep

Aren Jay
08-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Something just beeped bleeped inside my house. I don't know what it was. I thought it might be my Carbon monoxide detector but that seems normal. I then checked the basement all seemed alright down there, fireplace is just a pilot light as per normal, alarm never has made such a beep bleep sound it chirps. I turned the ac off, and made sure the windows are open no smoke, too much rain, no smoke inside either.

I have no idea what it could be, I suppose it might be my computer.

It is a bit fritzy.

I tested the carbon monoxide detector and it makes an ear shattering fast beep beep beep beep. This beep bleep was not ear shattering nor fast. Also the carbon monoxide detector keeps beeping ever 5 seconds until the carbon monoxide is no longer present, so it must be something else.

My Projector was on I turned that off it might be the bleep sound as it was in standby mode. hmm a mystery.

cvpiftw
08-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Maybe it is the carbon monoxide detector.

I mean....... what else can explain the brain damage?

MMARAUDER
08-05-2009, 12:25 AM
has your power gone out lately??

a_d_a_m
08-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Maybe it is the carbon monoxide detector.

I mean....... what else can explain the brain damage?

Best post ever.

Haggis
08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Damn Duracell batteries must be dying in the CCTV camera.

CBT
08-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Best post ever.

Man the combination of this thread and your Koala getting punched in the face is quality entertainment that they should charge money for us to see and read.

Blackened300a
08-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Maybe you have a gas leak, light a match and take a look around.

SC Cheesehead
08-05-2009, 04:17 AM
AJ, is your carbon monoxide detector battery powered? If so, the batteries may need changing. The units are designed to signal low battery condition by repetitive beeping. Will drive you nuts until you change out the batteries.

CBT
08-05-2009, 04:19 AM

LMAO! This place is brutal, and it's not even 7:30 in he morning yet!

Bigdogjim
08-05-2009, 04:32 AM
If you have a land line (phone) it has a back up battery also, check that.

MM03MOK
08-05-2009, 04:55 AM
AJ, is your carbon monoxide detector battery powered? If so, the batteries may need changing. The units are designed to signal low battery condition by repetitive beeping. Will drive you nuts until you change out the batteries.
Smoke detectors too. My brother had the same issue at his house. Took us a while to narrow down where the beep was coming from.

knine
08-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Will drive you nuts .........
That would be a short drive from about here >I I< to here

Hacklemerc
08-05-2009, 05:14 AM
It might have been me too. I got a text right about that time... thought I had my phone on silent...

RoyLPita
08-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Smoke detectors too. My brother had the same issue at his house. Took us a while to narrow down where the beep was coming from.

+1 on this.

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Your detectors, even if hardwired, have a battery back up. Some detectors have indicator lights to let you know which one is bad. These batteries can go bad and should be replaced if you can hear which detector is beeping. Dust and spiders getting into the detector can also cause this beeping to happen. Detectors batteries should be replaced every daylight savings time. REPLACE YOUR BATTERIES DUDE!

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Something just beeped bleeped inside my house. I don't know what it was.

You have a nice house, but your neighbour's dog is annoying.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/b278/

;)

CBT
08-05-2009, 10:32 AM
You have a nice house, but your neighbour's dog is annoying.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/b278/

;)

Muhahahaaaa!!! Crap, I still havn't gotten around to ordering one...

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I try to be serious and nice to AJ and I get called immature by this guy... What a class act!

Your detectors, even if hardwired, have a battery back up. Some detectors have indicator lights to let you know which one is bad. These batteries can go bad and should be replaced if you can hear which detector is beeping. Dust and spiders getting into the detector can also cause this beeping to happen. Detectors batteries should be replaced every daylight savings time. REPLACE YOUR BATTERIES DUDE!

CBT
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I try to be serious and nice to AJ and I get called immature by this guy... What a class act!

What guy. 123

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 11:18 AM
AJ! He said Zack was more mature than me on my apology thread... which is true, but I don't need to hear it from this clown! I tried to be nice because he had a valid question about detectors which I knew the answer to because I got to these things all the time... Now that I think about it, maybe the beeping was from someone waving a metal detector over his head... or someone pinged him!

What guy. 123

SC Cheesehead
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
What guy. 123

:dunno: did he PM you? didn't see a response posted.

ImpalaSlayer
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM

LOL! :laugh:

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
There has been no update or reply to let us know if you found the source.Did you light that match? Is anyone close enough to drive by his house and check ?:dunno:

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Is anyone close enough to drive by his house and check ?:dunno:

Nothing on the news. Slow news day, so a large gas explosion in Calgary should make news here. Could still be CO, or he misplaced his phone and it was begging for a recharge.

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
You're right. He probably did not have a match. Should have been on the news.

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 01:45 PM
That's the most disturbing change I found around here in the last couple years. People can actually wish harm to another member, and not get an immediate ban. But only one specific member. All others are verboten.

Did 'The Darkside' teach us nothing?

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I never wished harm on him... but he can definitely go beep bleep bleep bleep himself!

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I certainly did not mean anything by my post and hope it was not taken that way by anyone else. I'm certanly no saint but have seen much worse posted around here. Surely was not serious.

CBT
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
You're right. He probably did not have a match. Should have been on the news.

I have a match for him. My ass and tj's face. BLAMMO!!!, thanks, I'll be here all week!

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I understood it as a joke... We all know that some people aren't the biggest fans of this cat, but I am sure non of us would wish death on any MM'er! Saying what you said is like telling someone to take a long walk off a short pier or to go take a flying leap... It is just a harsher way to tell them to go take a hike... I never thought you meant anything along those lines

I certainly did not mean anything by my post and hope it was not taken that way by anyone else. I'm certanly no saint but have seen much worse posted around here. Surely was not serious.

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Better use a brillo pad and some gasoline first!

I have a match for him. My ass and tj's face. BLAMMO!!!, thanks, I'll be here all week!

CBT
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Better use a brillo pad and some gasoline first!
Oops! Uh, hey buddy, thought you had already logged off, heh heh...:D

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
The walls have eyes!

... and leave coffee stains on my walls....

CBT
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
The walls have eyes!

... and leave coffee stains on my walls....

Oh my Jesus and baby Jesus....you've been body snatched!!

Egon Spengler
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I just realized that I am doing exactly what I was apologizing for, but then I also realized that I added crashing AJ thread to the apology as being allowed and everyone accepted that! And he called me immature! Which I am!!! I am a kid at heart and plan on staying that way!

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I make a practice of being immature. Go ahead and keep being a kid at heart. We will have time to be "Mature" in the nursing home.

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM

I understood it as a joke... We all know that some people aren't the biggest fans of this cat, but I am sure non of us would wish death on any MM'er! Saying what you said is like telling someone to take a long walk off a short pier or to go take a flying leap... It is just a harsher way to tell them to go take a hike... I never thought you meant anything along those lines

Without knowing you personally Lightnin1, and without being able to see your facial expressions; it's difficult to take it any other way. As TJ said, some people don't like Aren. I don't agree, but I do understand why.

I always suspected that people dislike him, because he seems to go against what our community stands for (I never figured out *why* though). In reality he's playing by the rules, but against the 'spirit' or 'customs' of the community. Example:

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/loyola_university_professor_be .html

He's just a different sort, and I guess people think of him as 'aloof' or 'snotty' because of it. He's not. And the only method he has of 'defending' himself here is to 'act out' again, totally within the rules.

Just so on one thinks I too am a total asshat, a joke: (and you better laugh)

An Englishman, a Canadian and an American were captured by terrorists.

The terrorist leader said, "Before we shoot you, you will be allowed last words. Please let me know what you wish to talk about."

The Englishman replied, "I wish to speak of loyalty and service to the crown."

The Canadian replied, "Since you are involved in a question of national purpose, national identity, and secession, I wish to talk about the history of constitutional process in Canada, special status, distinct society and uniqueness within diversity."

The American replied, "Just shoot me before the Canadian starts talking."

CBT
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Just so on one thinks I too am a total asshat, a joke: (and you better laugh)

An Englishman, a Canadian and an American were captured by terrorists.

The terrorist leader said, "Before we shoot you, you will be allowed last words. Please let me know what you wish to talk about."

The Englishman replied, "I wish to speak of loyalty and service to the crown."

The Canadian replied, "Since you are involved in a question of national purpose, national identity, and secession, I wish to talk about the history of constitutional process in Canada, special status, distinct society and uniqueness within diversity."

The American replied, "Just shoot me before the Canadian starts talking."

Jeeeez! I've been to Canada, loved it, loved the people. I would go back if the opportunity came up.

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
I think this has already gone way to far Dr. Caleb but if you would like check all my posts and you will find I have not posted anything negative about AJ. I do not know him, I have no ill feeling toward him and I do not care what he post or how many times he posts.You will need to go elsewhere to drag me into the "AJ" thing you are referring to. Can we lighten up?

Motorhead350
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=cvpiftw;791903]Maybe it is the carbon monoxide detector.
[QUOTE]

I think The Onion mentioned a recall on the snooze buttons for those things about a year ago.

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Jeeeez! I've been to Canada, loved it, loved the people. I would go back if the opportunity came up.

I know you do and would, but I'd want to be shot first too; rather than listen to yet another long winded rant like I tend to spew. ;) Just trying to lighten the mood, at my own expense.

Can we lighten up?

Done. I didn't intent to get heavy like that on you. Just with Blackend and the Gas leak, and you with the match - I thought it was getting a little 'over the line' and had to say something. No one else was. :dunno: It doesn't matter that it's Aren, I don't like any member to get that kind of treatment.

I'm all good, if you are. :beer:

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Nothing on the news. Slow news day, so a large gas explosion in Calgary should make news here. Could still be CO, or he misplaced his phone and it was begging for a recharge.

This will be my last post on this subject and the last one should have been but to go further I guess I read your post wrong.I took it as being sarcastic and I guess you were serious. There are so many sarcastic posts on here and being that way myself I guess I will read things a second time in the future before responding.I have no beef with AJ.You are good to go,I don't have a problem with what you said.

CBT
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
This will be my last post on this subject and the last one should have been but to go further I guess I read your post wrong.I took it as being sarcastic and I guess you were serious. There are so many sarcastic posts on here and being that way myself I guess I will read things a second time in the future before responding.I have no beef with AJ.You are good to go,I don't have a problem with what you said.

I like yas both, glad yous cleared it up. :beer:

LIGHTNIN1
08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks CBT. Your post are enjoyed by everyone I'm sure. Keep Posting!

CBT
08-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks CBT. Your post are enjoyed by everyone I'm sure. Keep Posting!

Pfft! You should read my hate mail!

babbage
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM

lol :D

Could also be a childs toy. Got kids?

Dr Caleb
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Ditto, thanks. And we've kind of beat this to a pulp. Let me say that my sense of sarcasm is well tuned, and may be difficult to fully tune in. But yes, I was being very sarcastic. I don't care what a person writes on some obscure website in a back corner of the internet, he and his family don't deserve to die in an accidental gas explosion. Even jokingly.

justbob
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Could it be an alarm on an old wrist watch?

fastblackmerc
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
lol :D

Could also be a childs toy. Got kids?

God God, I hope he doesn't have any kids!!!! :eek:

Aren Jay
08-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I have Nephews so it oculd be a toy, but they havn't been around in a while.

Maybe Haggis left his beepity bleep toy in the attic...

knine
08-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Had this problem yesterday. So I went looking. Temp alarm on a sensor in the house. Easy find.

Aren Jay
08-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Turned out it was low batteries in my Carbon Monoxide detector. It went of this morning every five minutes and I had to change the batteries.

:)

Joe Walsh
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Turned out it was low batteries in my Carbon Monoxide detector. It went of this morning every five minutes and I had to change the batteries.

:)

WOW!

Congratulations!

It only took you 2+ weeks to figure it out!

Donny Carlson
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I was hoping it was aliens!

http://www.k3pgp.org/seti/aliens.jpg

LIGHTNIN1
08-22-2009, 06:56 AM
WOW!

Congratulations!

It only took you 2+ weeks to figure it out!

Same here. Kept passing that thread and wondering. Mystery solved.

knine
08-22-2009, 04:14 PM
That's why I posted, to remind him to go find the noise.:rolleyes: