PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the 3800 l67s

cvpiftw
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I think i found a replacement (not a marauder unfortunately), but im really liking the buick GSs .

Im about to thow down some cash on one.... im just hesitating cause its not a ford.

Anyone have experiences with these cars?

FormulaMarauder
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
www.clubgp.com (http://www.clubgp.com)

Everything you need to know.
I do miss mine. These cars are capable of amazing times. I'm talking daily driver 12's and 11's.

UncleLar
08-06-2009, 03:47 AM
Are you going to make all us Windy City Chapter guys drive down there and slap you around for a while till you regain you senses?lol
Check out this auction site,a 2005 CV P71 with 86K miles just sold at auction for a few hundred less than $4000. Would you really rather have a Panther again or a Buick.
These guys have live and on line auctions all the time.Check out past auctions and see what P71's really sell for,you might be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.obenaufauctions.com/

RoyLPita
08-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Front wheel drive sucks........................

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-06-2009, 05:25 AM
I would take even the non supercharged 3800 series II over a non Marauder panther any day of the week. Throw in the supercharger, hell yea. The 3800 and 3800 sc cars are excellent cars and there are a ton of bolt ons to put the supercharged cars into scary fast territory

cvpiftw
08-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I want to go fast this time around, and theres no chance of me finding a no holes car.

Its not my decision either. My boss told me its gotta be a LX or something else as its not professional for me to be hauling clients around in a POS car.

UncleLar
08-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Tell him to buy you a Town Car,he can write it off on his taxes over a few years and with the money you save you can turbocharge it like that killer one that there were videos of here a while back.Now that was a SLEEPER!

cvpiftw
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I gotta own the car is the issue.

He is a big giant pain in my ass.

Man, if i had the money, id be driving around in yours right now and buying a winter beater and loving it like it should be loved.

LANDY
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Rear wheel drive. Anyday

UncleLar
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I gotta own the car is the issue.

He is a big giant pain in my ass.

Man, if i had the money, id be driving around in yours right now and buying a winter beater and loving it like it should be loved.

I'd rather you had it than the guy who is interested in it.It'll never see a garage again and probably get washed about 2 or 3 times a year,and I shudder to think about oil changes,etc.:(

Black_Noise
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
i have experience with them..... after you replace the front and rear valve cover gaskets and the upper and lower intake gaskets, they are good to go, having the supercharged one only makes it a little more difficult. about a 4 hour job for someone whos done it before, more like 6 for someone who hasnt.

other than that, most everthing that runs a 3.8 also seems to have axle seal leaks, which usually isnt a problem, takes about an hour to pull the stuff off to get to it replace and reinstall said parts.

Other than those issues there really isnt alot of problems, ALL 3.8s will see these problems at one time or another, but when buying, take a flash light with you crawl underneath, look for wetness on the oil pan (usually the valve covers leaking) and by axles. Also remove the plasitc engine cover by twisting the oil fill cap and tube off, and pulling cover towards and up. then look in the "valley" by in injectors for oil pooling, that would be the upper intakes leaking. look down the drivers side of the block by the air intake flex tube for coolant or oil leaks, suggesting the lower intake leaking, and also check the pass side lower manifold area for the same, also suggesting lower intake gasket leaks.

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Get a Town Car seriously Ryan.

cvpiftw
08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd rather you had it than the guy who is interested in it.It'll never see a garage again and probably get washed about 2 or 3 times a year,and I shudder to think about oil changes,etc.:(
The thought of you selling that car makes me die inside a bit.

Hamero.... finding a whale towncar is a joke thats under 200k and for a REASONABLE price thanks to the limo companies around here.