PDA

View Full Version : just saw an SHO commercial

Black_Noise
08-06-2009, 07:28 PM
about 30 seconds ago on comedy central.

and they are pronouncing it "SHOW"

I always have called it and S....H.....O.

So i guess it really is coming out.

cruzer
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Last week, while my MM was being given it's 100,000 mile check, I immediately noticed a strange car in the showroom--it was the new SHO concept car !!!!!!!!In a room right next to the car, a lecturer was breifing the dealer staff---mechanics---- on what to expect. He saw my interest and one of the mechanics told him I had a Marauder and asked if I could sit in---what a great hour. I now have a SHO t-shirt, hat and dealer spec sheet and literature. They are out in the car, will get them tomorrow and post info. I am VERY impressed with the advanced engineering in that car. It has twin turbos---about the size of a small grapefruit--held it in my hand--couldn't believe it. The horsepower will be 365--will post the torque tomorrow. crosswise engine fwd and 4wd. The engine is beyond anything I thought was in the making. The videos of the SHO taking on a Chrysler 300 SRT thru the closed course were nothing short of breath-taking--the handling is something else. THe interior is very nice and comfortable for 6'2" and 245 pounds. It is a full size 4 door sedan--plenty of room. I'll end with---if I wasn't such a Rwd fool, this car would be a serious contender for my next car--be patient with an old man--will get the pics and specs out tomorrow nite, Maury

Oh, by the way, my 100,000 mile check cost me $38.45. What's this about quality built :-)

2,4shofast
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I really want one! It would be my 8th SHO but it would be almost 43K out the door and that isnt going to happen!!! I will wait a few years and let the price settle down and let all the tuning companies get the mods all sorted out...then the Marauder can finally have a well deserved break.:beer: Im interested to see how if actually performs, I have heard too many mixed reviews.

2,4shofast
08-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Last week, while my MM was being given it's 100,000 mile check, I immediately noticed a strange car in the showroom--it was the new SHO concept car !!!!!!!!In a room right next to the car, a lecturer was breifing the dealer staff---mechanics---- on what to expect. He saw my interest and one of the mechanics told him I had a Marauder and asked if I could sit in---what a great hour. I now have a SHO t-shirt, hat and dealer spec sheet and literature. They are out in the car, will get them tomorrow and post info. I am VERY impressed with the advanced engineering in that car. It has twin turbos---about the size of a small grapefruit--held it in my hand--couldn't believe it. The horsepower will be 365--will post the torque tomorrow. crosswise engine fwd and 4wd. The engine is beyond anything I thought was in the making. The videos of the SHO taking on a Chrysler 300 SRT thru the closed course were nothing short of breath-taking--the handling is something else. THe interior is very nice and comfortable for 6'2" and 245 pounds. It is a full size 4 door sedan--plenty of room. I'll end with---if I wasn't such a Rwd fool, this car would be a serious contender for my next car--be patient with an old man--will get the pics and specs out tomorrow nite, Maury

Oh, by the way, my 100,000 mile check cost me $38.45. What's this about quality built :-)

I cant wait to see more :burnout: I will check back in tomorrow :beer:

DOOM
08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
They had one on display at carlisle.

MXSG
08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
about 30 seconds ago on comedy central.

and they are pronouncing it "SHOW"

I always have called it and S....H.....O.

So i guess it really is coming out.

I call it the S...H...O as well, but it looks like SHOW is and has been the correct way to say it.

It's not a bad looking ride, but I wouldn't trade the Marauder in for one!

cruzer
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Never heard it called anything else--wonder who decided to change it---probably the same jerk who changed Jaguar to Jag-u-war. ;)

illwood
08-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Never heard it called anything else--wonder who decided to change it---probably the same jerk who changed Jaguar to Jag-u-war. ;)

In the defense of that, "Jag-u-war", pronunciation, it is a British car.

Brought to you by the same people that first discovered "Aluminum" and then changed the spelling around to "Aluminium" because the liked the sound of it better.

BTW, I have always called them S H O's and assumed that people that called them "shows" were ignorant because they didn't know it stood for Super High Output.

You don't call a '70 Chevelle Super Sport a "Ss" (think of a snake hissing), it's a S S.

Egon Spengler
08-07-2009, 08:27 AM
S H O, but I always know what people are talking about when they say *show* and I think I have even called it that as well... I just say it a certain way around certain people... Rarely am I talking about an SHO anyways

TAKEDOWN
08-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Fo' SHO they're making them... SHO nuff! Looking at the 2010 TAURUS+SHO catalog now, it's SHO time!

Joe Walsh
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
They had one on display at carlisle.

Yep...I checked out that SHO at Carlisle too!

It is a BIG car.
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/FordSHOs.jpg

It weighs as much as our Marauders!....:eek:

Bluerauder
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Yep...I checked out that SHO at Carlisle too!
I saw the one on display at Carlisle, too. My first impression was that it looked like another high-azzend Altima or Camry. :P Seemed like it would blend in with a sea of Toyotas and Nissans. Is that the look they were going for? Maybe I missed something. :o Guess I'll have to go back and take another look.

cruzer
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I copied a few of the bochure pics for you. Didn't have a camera with me. Here are some of the specs:
Engine-------3.5L EconoBoost, twin turbo V6 w/direct injection , intake-variable timing
Drivetrain----AWD
Power-------365 hp@5500rpm---torque 350lbft@1500-5250 rpm
Fuel economy-16/25 mpg
Transmission--6-speed SelectShift automatic/paddles--final gear ratio 3.16:1
Many other goodies in different option packages--all the bells and whistles

All in all, a very nice package--my only real objection was the poor rearward visibility--but don't all the new cars have that problem ????
Go by your dealer when he gets one in--you will be pleasantly surprised.
Oh, by the way, the factory rep called it the S_H_O
Hope this helps, Maury

cruzer
08-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I'll keep trying

2,4shofast
08-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll keep trying

Thank you!

LIGHTNIN1
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
It was on one of the general news websites tonite,possibly Yahoo. The only thing that reminds me of Ford are the Ford emblems. Like the reviewer said, are a lot of people going to pay that for a Ford? I think and hope they sell enough of them but of course the less expensive ones will be more plentiful.

Bradley G
08-08-2009, 03:38 AM
I will be interested in the seats, the seats are supposed to have motion to keep away the fatigue.
Ford better not put that car on a special financing like they did for the Marauder.........:eek:

Mike Poore
08-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Just some history and clarification on the name, from my prospective. When the first Taurus SHO came out in 1989, it had a Yamaha designed 24V 6cyl crosswise engine with an impressive bunch of plumbing and whiz-bang gizmo's under the hood. At that time they were calling the engine/package a "Shogun", named for a religious warrior class in Japan and popularized by a TeeVee series staring Richard Chamberlain which started in 1980. At that time everyone was calling it (the performance package, mostly) the S H O, not show. :)

Sort of like the Mazda guys who bristle when you call one of those ubiquitous sedans a 626 and not a SIX TOO SIX. .....whatever :dunno:

LeviEA
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
It's a nice looking car. Finally ford has something today to compete with Chevy's Impala SS. Anybody else notice the similarity in the tail lights of the taurus SHO and the interceptor concept ford came up with a few years back...?

cruzer
08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I will be interested in the seats, the seats are supposed to have motion to keep away the fatigue.
Ford better not put that car on a special financing like they did for the Marauder.........:eek:

It's called "Multi-contour Front Seats with Active Motion" see pic, Maury

mjrcarnut
08-08-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/11/officially-official-2010-ford-taurus-sho/

Bigdogjim
08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Saw the ad on TV just tonight and the voice over said "show" not S H O. Oh well!

Black_Noise
08-08-2009, 08:50 PM
those seats sound cheap to fix

Bradley G
08-14-2009, 02:57 AM
That's what I'm talkin'............:D
It's called "Multi-contour Front Seats with Active Motion" see pic, Maury

Vortex
08-14-2009, 06:37 AM
The new Taurus is still basically a modified 2005 500/Montego/Volvo and doesnt do much for me. Kinda looks like a bulgemobile.

Vortech347
08-14-2009, 07:37 PM
I really want one! It would be my 8th SHO but it would be almost 43K out the door and that isnt going to happen!!! I will wait a few years and let the price settle down and let all the tuning companies get the mods all sorted out...then the Marauder can finally have a well deserved break.:beer: Im interested to see how if actually performs, I have heard too many mixed reviews.

Yup, I agree. I will be waiting for a few years too. Most likely an SHO will be the replacement for my MM when the time comes.

2,4shofast
08-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Yup, I agree. I will be waiting for a few years too. Most likely an SHO will be the replacement for my MM when the time comes.

Going back to the darkside :beer:

Vortech347
08-14-2009, 11:52 PM
IF...and only IF...they turn out to be a decent product. :)

sluggs
08-15-2009, 10:08 AM
sorry if this comes off bad, but isnt this the reason why american car companies had crappy sales? here you have a very nice looking, actually "fun to drive" american V8(not sure about the V8 so please correct me if im wrong).

but it costs 40 grand.

all the little junk buckets ('scuse the language, i know it's an exaggeration) with good mpg havent sold all that well in my opinion.

but once again, we have an actual high horsepower american car that is just too expensive. (Charger RT, Pontiac G8, 300C SRT-8, etc...)

it's like they are codemning us to either drive junk, or pay an arm and a leg for a V8. almost sinking the SHO's chances before it's released.

2,4shofast
08-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I dont think money is the issue when it comes to vehicles, you can get a form of transportation for cheap if that is what you want but the fact is we dont all drive Kia's because we will and do pay for the nicer products available.

The downfall of most limited release and rare vehicles IMO is dealer mark up. When you expect someone to pay money over value of a vehicle it often times turns many away from the product and the manufacture then thinks there is not a big enough market available and discontinues production. :shake:

FastMerc
08-16-2009, 06:35 AM
I saw one at a dealer yesterday,Interesting it is not a smack down decision like the Marauder was for me!

stevengerard
08-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Just saw an SHO go down my block today, stopped the guy to talk with him about it, much better looking car in person but I still like the MM, the SHO looks huge - very tall and a bit boxy. Looks like decent build quality, great interior and if it can't be RWD, AWD is a great thing to have - means I could drive it in winter. My old SHO was ok in the snow, my MM is worthless in the snow.

Dragcity
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I was looking into these back in June. Nice Cars. I think the loaded ones will be a rare ride. Yup, they are expensive, but 365 HP out of the box is impressive. Interiors look very inviting and cutting edge.
They are availabel under AXZ Plan, so dealer markup should not be an issue. I was seriously thinking of ordering one, but there is no way I can keep 3 specialty vehicles.

In my opinion, it is a thrilling vehicle.

1 Bad Merc
08-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Who color-coordinates the interiors on these cars? They should really stop smoking the pipe and put some decent color combo's together.