PDA

View Full Version : I had almost given up on todays youths...

CBT
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
....good to see them get off the couch and get involved in the community.:rolleyes:
Children to march in protest of Arpaio's sweeps

12:02 PM Mountain Standard Time on Friday, August 7, 2009

Javier Soto and Catherine Holland / azfamily.com

PHOENIX -- Dozens of kids are gearing up to take to the streets to protest Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's controversial immigration sweeps.
It's called the Children's Walk for Family Unity and is slated to start at about 11 a.m.
Some 40 kids will be joined by several others in a march from the Fourth Avenue Jail to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office headquarters.
Protest organizers said the kids will be dressed in butterfly costumes to symbolize the yearly migration of the Monarch Butterfly from Mexico to the U.S.
According to activist Sal Reza, the sheriff's sweeps are leaving dozens of kids without families. The crowd will include children whose parents have been deported in the wake of Apraio's raids like the one at Lindstrom's Family Car Wash earlier this year.
Arpaio said it's sad that young people are being used to push others' political agendas.

sd8683
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
They should ALL get :banned:

justbob
08-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Only in America can you stand up for your ILLEGAL acts. My heart goes out to the kids left behind though, I am human.

Glenn
08-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I much rather stand up for my two kids - one in the Navy and the other going into the Marines.

Glenn

UncleLar
08-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I much rather stand up for my two kids - one in the Navy and the other going into the Marines.

Glenn
Damn Straight! My thanks to both of them.

Phrog_gunner
08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
i much rather stand up for my two kids - one in the navy and the other going into the Marines.

Glenn

sweet.....but Marines is always capitalized....yes we are THAT important. ;)

fastblackmerc
08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
***** they were all in one place! How easy that would have been to deport them also!