PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Calender

DTRMiguel
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey guys i had an idea and thought that some of us would want a Marauder Calendar hanging above our desk at work or at home in you play room. So i said hey i know a few models i could put together a photoshoot get one of each color Marauder and take various shots. I would need to sell atleast 100 in order to pay for the calendars and pay the photographer and models. They would go for $35 a calendar would anyone be interested?

03calitejas
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
oh hell yeah!
:beer:

2,4shofast
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I think that would be pretty cool, especially if members could submit pics because there are some amazing Marauders from all over the country even the ones from the north side of the border. ;)

TiTo35
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
When I first joined the site...there was a calendar threat dont know what happened with it...but go for it Mikey...:up:

FastMerc
08-10-2009, 04:07 PM
This is longing to happen,I have plenty of pics to offer... :)

Bluerauder
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
When I first joined the site...there was a calendar threat dont know what happened with it...but go for it Mikey...:up:
This has been brought up at least 4 times since I have been here on the site and it eventually loses steam. Last time "Breadfan" tried this and Cafe Press (the printer) had some issues with copyright material and logos. Good Luck Mikey...... the 5th time is a charm. ;)

FastMerc
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh just do it.......lol....

DTRMiguel
08-10-2009, 06:44 PM
This is longing to happen,I have plenty of pics to offer... :)

Send your pics to mykal870@yahoo.com

03calitejas
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Yo Miguel,

you aren't just fishing for some sessy pictures are you? I can email you some interesting pics if the calendar is a real deal

CBT
08-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Yo Miguel,

you aren't just fishing for some sessy pictures are you? I can email you some interesting pics if the calendar is a real deal

LMAO!! You'll see yourself on his myspace page...

DTRMiguel
08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Yo Miguel,

Lol no im serious if we get enought ppl interested. Send them to my email

SC Cheesehead
08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
The Florida guys had a calendar thing going a while back, may want to post up something there to see what suggestions they may have.

http://www.sunshinestatemarauders.net/

Egon Spengler
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Didn't someone have issues with Ford saying that they couldn't use the marauder in a Calender unless approved by Ford and they wouldn't approve??? I thought I heard something about it not being able to happen because they couldn't get the clearance to do it from FLM... I could be wrong...

BTW "Miguel"... FLM stand for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury... not FML for f*** my life!!!

DTRMiguel
08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Come on ppl we are 1/3 of the way there. I need 100 ppl

DTRMiguel
08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Didn't someone have issues with Ford saying that they couldn't use the marauder in a Calender unless approved by Ford and they wouldn't approve??? I thought I heard something about it not being able to happen because they couldn't get the clearance to do it from FLM... I could be wrong...

BTW "Miguel"... FLM stand for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury... not FML for f*** my life!!!

I could see ford saying u cant use there photos they took! But i will use pics other members have taken as well as some i will take

Embassy
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM

The CVN guys did one for this year:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50615 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50615)

My Marauder:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/get_latest_product_view.aspx?P roductNo=343214899&pr=October&showBleed=False

Egon Spengler
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
The pics on my facebook aren't that great, but if you see one you like, feel free to snatch it up!

DTRMiguel
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
The pics on my facebook aren't that great, but if you see one you like, feel free to snatch it up!

There are no naked women in your pics soooo. They dont qualify!

TiTo35
08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Naked women...NOW yall talking!

03calitejas
08-11-2009, 09:45 PM
no nekkid ones but I don't think one has to be nekkid to be sessy...I'm in for two calendars if this gets off the ground. I can send some fun cheesecake shots but nothing that would even be R rated

DOOM
08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
epic fail!!!

DTRMiguel
08-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Haha doom dont like naked women?

Mike Poore
08-12-2009, 04:14 AM
This has been brought up at least 4 times since I have been here on the site and it eventually loses steam. Last time "Breadfan" tried this and Cafe Press (the printer) had some issues with copyright material and logos. Good Luck Mikey...... the 5th time is a charm. ;)

The four phases of a major project:

Wild Enthusiasm
Disenchantment
Search for the guilty
Punish all who took no part
I know, we're friends just wanting to have fun, and agree it sucks; but the project may become way more fun than you wanted to have. :rolleyes:

The Copyright infringement issue might kill it, and there may be a problem with promoting it here, because the owners could be held liable as well as the proponents, if Ford decided to take action, and at this point they seem very serious about these issues.

There may be a way around it, since Darryl's club in Detroit, for instance, like CAM, did a Member's rides one about 5 years ago, and more than one Mgf's cars were featured, but that was then, and things change.

Good luck, Mike..... though color me doubtful. :o

knine
08-12-2009, 06:12 AM
The four phases of a major project:
Wild Enthusiasm
Disenchantment
Search for the guilty
Punish all who took part

:lol: Fixed. Punish all who took part

Mike Poore
08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
:lol: Fixed. Punish all who took part

I knew what I wanted to say. :neener:

Master
08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
It was us Cannucks that did it in 2008. It worked great and we had a lot of fun doing it. We missed some deadlines for '09 so there was no cal. last year. This year, though, look out!. We'll be getting our cameras out any day for the second Canadian Marauders Calendar. I highly recommend the process.

hot-rauder
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Mikey, I do commercial printing and would bemore than happy to help. I have spoken to my boss about making these, and he said we could do it.

Ideally we would like to do just one photo with a tear off "Calender" Like use the MM.Net logo... these would be MUCH cheaper to make.

Making a traditonal calender is possible but the price would be much higher. I could use all of our own photos, and make it as complex or as basic as we want. let me know if you need help on the printing side.

DTRMiguel
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Mikey, I do commercial printing and would bemore than happy to help. I have spoken to my boss about making these, and he said we could do it.

Ideally we would like to do just one photo with a tear off "Calender" Like use the MM.Net logo... these would be MUCH cheaper to make.

Making a traditonal calender is possible but the price would be much higher. I could use all of our own photos, and make it as complex or as basic as we want. let me know if you need help on the printing side.

Call me sometime tomorrow. 202-580-2143 Mike

Egon Spengler
08-14-2009, 11:07 AM
That's it... I need to get my girl to pose on my car! Wait, I just need ONE pic of her!!

I definitely like the calendar idea... girls on the vehicles would be a definite +!!!

hot-rauder
08-14-2009, 12:45 PM
That's it... I need to get my girl to pose on my car! Wait, I just need ONE pic of her!!

I definitely like the calendar idea... girls on the vehicles would be a definite +!!!

you need to get a girl first lmao!!!! :flamer:

Egon Spengler
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Stay on topic please... I will get blamed for the derailment and I have pissed of enough people... to keep my post on topic see below...

What kind of cost would be associated with making this calendar?

What size we looking at?

Ever given any thought to a 365 rip off calendar with each day being a different member's vehicle????

you need to get a girl first lmao!!!! :flamer:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Ever given any thought to a 365 rip off calendar with each day being a different member's vehicle????

But they all look the same minus a few things. You could almost get away with one picture for that whole calendar. LOL

Egon Spengler
08-14-2009, 02:14 PM
You line my marauder up with a bunch of them, I will be able to pick out mine... everyone's has their own personality and the backgrounds would be different!

But they all look the same minus a few things. You could almost get away with one picture for that whole calendar. LOL

03calitejas
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm not a tear off calendar kinda person. I don't have a desk to put it on even. I'd pay a few bucks more for the standard 12 month, 12 pictures (and a bunch of small ones if they can fit them in). I also think our cars are different enough to get multiple pictures (all the colors, maybe a shot of sherm's engine bay or one of the other huge horsepower engines out there). Adding ladies in nice poses can still be classy... and maybe even one shot of a buff hunk posing for all the ladies that drive the MM's.

-Matt-
08-15-2009, 08:06 AM
and maybe even one shot of a buff hunk posing for all the ladies that drive the MM's.

Id be willing to pose for that :D