PDA

View Full Version : Birds over the MM... Need advice!

Egon Spengler
08-11-2009, 07:07 AM
I have had a couple of eggs fall out of a tree and pretty much fry themselves on the roof of my car! It was a very hot day and now I have egg ADHERED to my roof... How do I get it off without damaging my paint???

Thanks!:beer:

-Matt-
08-11-2009, 07:09 AM
bug and tar remover. You can get it at any auto parts store/ walmart, or get the good stuff at any body shop.

CBT
08-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Throw some cheese and bacon up there and make me a breffas sammich.

LeoVampire
08-11-2009, 07:22 AM
bug and tar remover. You can get it at any auto parts store/ walmart, or get the good stuff at any body shop.

I used the turtle wax bug and tar remover from 3m tape removal to actual tar removal and many other things and it never did any harm so it is going to be your best bet.

DOOM
08-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Throw some cheese and bacon up there and make me a breffas sammich.

:lol: :food:

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 07:32 AM

+1 my car got egged last week and i used bug and tar remover and then went straight to the carwash...i had to wash it twice but i got it all off after a little bit of wiping as well. whatever you do, do it NOW...the egg will eat the clear coat off your car...if you have a garage....now is the time to use it.

CBT
08-11-2009, 07:34 AM
+1 my car got egged last week.

That's jacked up, did you catch who did it?

-Matt-
08-11-2009, 07:36 AM
+1 my car got egged last week.

Little bastards, you get em with your 30-6?

do it NOW...the egg will eat the clear coat off your car...if you have a garage....now is the time to use it.

:stupid: Very, very true.

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 07:59 AM
That's jacked up, did you catch who did it?

Nope, no clue who did it, the egging part I'm not pissed about, that all came off...but the paint was chipped where it looks like a bike handle was leaned up against the fender...thats what pisses me off...and im really too lazy to do a stakeout....I dont really need to be charged for beating the face in of a 12 y/o.

CBT
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Nope, no clue who did it, the egging part I'm not pissed about, that all came off...but the paint was chipped where it looks like a bike handle was leaned up against the fender...thats what pisses me off...and im really too lazy to do a stakeout....I dont really need to be charged for beating the face in of a 12 y/o.

I'm 38......:D

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm 38......:D

I should have figured it was another DBP owner jealous of the sexy silver.

Id rather you talk about my mom than egg my car....

CBT
08-11-2009, 08:06 AM

Wonder if I could find that thread about me trying to thwart the neighborhood kids at Halloween by rubbing baby oil on my windows.....

dakslim
08-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I had my '03 MM a month and some drunk MF rolled across the hood of my car scratching both fenders and the hood. When the cops came all they wanted to do was swap their car for mine!

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Wonder if I could find that thread about me trying to thwart the neighborhood kids at Halloween by rubbing baby oil on my windows.....

Egg doesnt ruin the windows.....its the paint thats the issue...

dakslim
08-11-2009, 08:09 AM

I was a crew chief on a CH-46 waaaaay back in '66 at New River.

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I was a crew chief on a CH-46 waaaaay back in '66 at New River.

That's BADA$$...I was a crewchief also. I was with HMM-265 in Okinawa and then HMM-365 when I was at New River. 365 stood down to transition to the Osprey.

-Matt-
08-11-2009, 08:19 AM
No heli's here. But i am currently a crew chief on c-130's, c-5's and c-17's. Moving to texas the end of this month to work on B-1B's

dakslim
08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
That's BADA$$...I was a crewchief also. I was with HMM-265 in Okinawa and then HMM-365 when I was at New River. 365 stood down to transition to the Osprey.
I crewed a UH-1E in DaNang in '65 then ended up in 261 at New River. Rode back from San Diego in a C-130 with the WORST hangover you have ever seen. Shudder!!!

CBT
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Egg doesnt ruin the windows.....its the paint thats the issue...

Found it.......
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49330&highlight=Halloween

Bluerauder
08-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I have had a couple of eggs fall out of a tree and pretty much fry themselves on the roof of my car! It was a very hot day and now I have egg ADHERED to my roof... How do I get it off without damaging my paint???

Thanks!:beer:
I am sure that 1sexyleo could help you out. She loves eggs for breakfast. ;)

Paul T. Casey
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I keep a bottle of water and a medium sized towel in my trunk just for these and other bird "issues." Next time, wet the towel, and place on the offending spot for a while. Should soften up enough to safely wipe away. It works for bird excrement anyway.

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I keep a bottle of water and a medium sized towel in my trunk just for these and other bird "issues." Next time, wet the towel, and place on the offending spot for a while. Should soften up enough to safely wipe away. It works for bird excrement anyway.

I have an assortment of towels and detail items in my trunk for whatever may happen.....

I heard CBT just licks the bird crap off his car...

Blackened300a
08-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Happened to my car a few years ago on Halloween. I washed it but there is a small egg shaped scratch on my drivers side front door. I had it wet sanded and no luck removing the scratches.

BTW, a 12 y/o who cant see through 2 black eyes and cant talk without teeth wouldnt make a good witness.

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
BTW, a 12 y/o who cant see through 2 black eyes and cant talk without teeth wouldnt make a good witness.

Very true..but Marines already have a rep for being PSYCHO, wont take much for the jury to believe it was me. I guess I could cut both of his arms off so that he can't point me out of a lineup....

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I crewed a UH-1E in DaNang in '65 then ended up in 261 at New River. Rode back from San Diego in a C-130 with the WORST hangover you have ever seen. Shudder!!!

Semper Fi....So you flew in 46As? I have heard stories about you guys throwing the cyclic trim in a "mystery" 4th position for quick stops in hot landing situations...and that is what caused most of the 410 sections to come off. Any truth to that?? Out LCT only has 3 settings now and that is said to be why...

Joe Walsh
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
+1 my car got egged last week and i used bug and tar remover and then went straight to the carwash...i had to wash it twice but i got it all off after a little bit of wiping as well. whatever you do, do it NOW...the egg will eat the clear coat off your car...if you have a garage....now is the time to use it.

+1!!
Hurry!

Years ago my 85 Mustang got egged one Halloween and I didn't wipe off the egg quickly.
It wasted my paint!....:mad2:
I couldn't buff it out without going down to the primer coat.
Back then, I had no idea that egg was so damaging to a car's paint.

I have an assortment of towels and detail items in my trunk for whatever may happen.......

I have the same goodies in my trunk.....:beer:

Black Dynamite
08-11-2009, 10:32 AM
I've had my car egged 4 times this summer. Paint is knackered but I can't afford to repaint her. :(

When I called the cops he said "sounds like teenagers." I said "sounds like dead teenagers." He was not impressed.

Egon Spengler
08-11-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.englishforum.ch/attachments/family-matters/98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

Phrog_gunner
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :pirate:

Like you never hijacked a thread...homo....

And besides we are talking about egging cars...the same problem you had and what we do about it...so we are on topic...or were you just hoping to find a pirate to sail down your brown canal??

dakslim
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Semper Fi....So you flew in 46As? I have heard stories about you guys throwing the cyclic trim in a "mystery" 4th position for quick stops in hot landing situations...and that is what caused most of the 410 sections to come off. Any truth to that?? Out LCT only has 3 settings now and that is said to be why...

Never flew the '46 into a hot LZ as there weren't any at New River, lol, but did a few in Nam in a Huey with VMO-2 (my license plate, BTW)...went over to Jacksonville a couple of months ago and saw the last '46 there...all tilt rotor squadrons now. The nickname Phrog wasn't used when I was in but talked to a crew chief who told me about it.
Semper fi.

CBT
08-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Never flew the '46 into a hot LZ as there weren't any at New River, lol, but did a few in Nam in a Huey with VMO-2 (my license plate, BTW)...went over to Jacksonville a couple of months ago and saw the last '46 there...all tilt rotor squadrons now. The nickname Phrog wasn't used when I was in but talked to a crew chief who told me about it.
Semper fi.

Well you both got my respect. One of my bestest buds is a retired Army helo pilot. He said he never had to buy a drink in 'Nam because he did extractions and when he walked into the clubs he/his crew would be recognized. He has some crazy stories. I brought him up on the flight deck of the George Washington one time and waved my arms around and said "Well Ed, what do think, could you land a helo on here?" He said "Case, I set helos on hooches in Viet Nam, I'm pretty sure I could hit this pig." Zoiks!

Vortex
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
You can always take a wet towel and lay it on the spot and leave it several hours. Check the towel to make sure it stays wet. After 3-4 hours that stuff will come off.

Egon Spengler
08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
I was thinking about doing that! Earlier in this thread, this was mentioned by "Paul T. Casey"

You can always take a wet towel and lay it on the spot and leave it several hours. Check the towel to make sure it stays wet. After 3-4 hours that stuff will come off.

03blackvegas
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I've got a news flash for you, your paints already ruined.