PDA

View Full Version : Inadequate Braking System

gonzo50
11-07-2002, 05:28 PM
If we got the Cobra engine, then we should have gotten the Cobra brakes with the package too. A car that weighs over two(2)tons, 4000 lbs should be better equipped in the stopping power. I don't know if it's because of the ABS, but my brakes feel to cushy for comfort, I've had to on certain occasions really make an effort to slow down the "BEAST" in heavy traffic with the brake pedal almost floored. 13"inch up front, 12"inch at the rear should be the minimum requirement for a car of this caliber. I hope I speak for the majority of us Marauder owners.

LincMercLover
11-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Yah, I've noticed the same. If yours is really bad, you may want to have them bled. My Dad who works for Ford says a lot of these cars don't get bled completely and have an overly squishy feel. One thing I have noticed though, and I don't know if you all have too or not, but my tranny downshifts during deceleration/braking, unlike any of my other autos that just disengauge and re-engauge when an acceleration is sensed. Helps a lot in braking, you cal feel it.

Fourth Horseman
11-07-2002, 09:18 PM
When I first saw the brakes on the Marauder I thought that the discs were too small. I was skeptical that they'd haul the big car down quickly enough.

After having had the car for four and a half months, though, I have to say that my brakes feel very solid and pull the car down with authority.

I'd certainly like more braking power, but I'd _always_ like more braking power. As it is, though, my brakes feel entirely adequate to the task. I'll say this much, they bring the car to stop a helluva lot more effectively than the brakes on my father's '93 Crown Vic LX.

left_right
11-08-2002, 05:39 AM
Gonzo50,

As a quick and easy fix, you may want to consider stepping up to the CV Police front brake pads. They offer significantly better stopping performance, with the corresponding trade-off in pad/rotor life and dust.

Regardless, its a pretty inexpensive change that will let you know just how far the stock brake package can go before you decide to shell out big bucks for a brake upgrade kit.

mensrea
11-08-2002, 05:41 AM
A while back there was disucssion here on Baer's brake pacakge for the Marauder. They offer a PBR2 caliper and 14 inch rotors for the front.... fairly affordable as well.

you can order them on line now from Baer, here's their price
4261046 Baer Claw - GT+ [Front] $1,195.00

You get the new calipers, rotors (two piece 14 inch!) stainless steel lines, and all required hardware.