PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Sunoco

Bluerauder
08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
For the past 6 years, I have been feeding my MM an almost exclusive diet of Sunoco 93. On the way home from work, I noticed that the station has a fence around it and the pumps are all shut down. This station is right on the corner as I turn into my neighborhood. It has been very convenient to top off "with the good stuff" on the way home from work. On Saturday, I notice a "COASTAL" sign over the Sunoco price board. Looks like the station has been sold.

Wasn't COASTAL in the news in the Maryland area for tanks contaminated with water?

There are only two other Sunocos in the area and neither is as convenient as the one I lost. Bastiges. I may be using Exxon 93 for awhile even though I think Exxon is among the biggest greed mongers around. :o

merc
08-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I know that hurts. Sorry to hear the bad news.:mad:

Joe Walsh
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Charlie.
I got pissed at Sunoco when, about 3 years ago, when they dropped their 94 Octane unleaded.
The Marauder and Cobra loved that Go-Go juice!....:banana:
Now I'm stuck with Exxon or BP/Amoco 93.
(Though the Sunoco off of Loch Raven Blvd in Baltimore sells 'GT100'/98 octane unleaded race gas for only $8.95/gallon.....:eek:)

LIGHTNIN1
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Just to show you how things work, there is a Sunoco Refinery here but I am not aware of any Sunoco stations to buy the stuff here.

BirchMarauder
08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Sunoco just sold off a bunch of their stores to whomever....they didn't want to pony up the dough to dig up the tanks and replace them with new ones which is mandated by the government. Cheap bastards.

breeze
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
i use shell

FastMerc
08-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I got pissed at Sunoco when, about 3 years ago, when they dropped their 94 Octane unleaded.
(Though the Sunoco off of Loch Raven Blvd in Baltimore sells 'GT100'/98 octane unleaded race gas for only $8.95/gallon.....:eek:)
We still have 94 here in Ohio.

W4LTD
08-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Do you mean my Marauder doesn't take diesel? ;)

shodude
08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
We still have 94 here in Ohio.

x2.. all my cars get sunoco 94. its right down the street. and when i'm at work i will drive the extra 10-15 mins to get sunoco when there are 5 other stations on the way. lol

Cheeseheadbob
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Charlie, it was the OCEANIC brand that had the water. There is one right around the corner from me. I have never had the Marauder near there, but the wife likes to save a whopping .12 per tank filling up the van while risking life and limb getting in and out of there.

Wasn't COASTAL in the news in the Maryland area for tanks contaminated with water?

fastblackmerc
08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
There was a 20/20 report recently about oil & gas. Seems all gas is identical. Of course the grades are different, but 93 at one station is the same as 93 at a different station. There was video of all different tankers lining up at a Citgo terminal. As they said in the report.....

"gas is gas"

BirchMarauder
08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
I deliver fuel. true, gas is gas. a ship will cruise down the river and hit 3 different loading terminals to unload product. the sunoco's that we deliver we get from a hess loading terminal but we have to card in specifically for sunoco so that the additive is injected to make it Sunoco's special branded fuel. Goes the same with pretty much any other major brand. but oh yeah, part of the agreement that sunoco had selling their store was the new owners had to maintain the sunoco name and fuel branding. and with new tanks in the ground, i'd be more than happy to continue filling up there. just me.