PDA

View Full Version : ebay and paypal

Thomas C Potter
08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Can i have a credit card to purchase, and a bank account to receive payments?? It appears I can only have a bank account to do both. I use to be able to spcify USPS mony order only for receipt of paymnets, but ebay now scans ads and boots ya if it sees money order.

FordNut
08-19-2009, 07:47 PM
They are exploiting their monopoly to the max. They force you to use paypal. Charge you for listing fees, charge a commission on the sale, then charge a commission for using the REQUIRED paypal to receive payments. And your paypal commission pays for their ad commission so you get to pay compounded payments to them.

Dr Caleb
08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Can i have a credit card to purchase, and a bank account to receive payments?? It appears I can only have a bank account to do both. I use to be able to spcify USPS mony order only for receipt of paymnets, but ebay now scans ads and boots ya if it sees money order.

Request denied.

I'm starting to hate Paypal too. It's good to use a credit card for payment (I don't sell) but they started to demand a bank account and wouldn't allow a CC for payment past $500 TOTAL purchases. After that limit, it's bank account only.

And if someone stiffs me? Paypal doesn't give a rats sphincter. But if you cancel the CC transaction they sure take notice. But if they are withdrawing directly from my bank account? I doubt there would be a way to get satisfaction.

I am told you can use Google on Ebay for selling, you just have to say 'other payment system' or Ebay cuts you off. Nice and 'Antitrust' like.

J-MAN
08-21-2009, 06:36 AM
I have my own concerns with PP. Three unapproved charges to my account in the last month, one for almost $1500.00!!!! All amounts were refunded, but what a PITA on two of them!

Change your password on a regular basis!

Had to set up a separate bank account with minimal funding.

MrBluGruv
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Had to set up a separate bank account with minimal funding.

+1

I set up a free checking account with debit card and use that card and account to do paypal stuff. I only put money into it when I KNOW I'm going to use it, I haven't had any probelms so far *fingers crossed*.

FordNut
08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
When they try to take money that isn't there you will get a service charge from your checking account.

dpotter
08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I created a separate bank account so I only transfer what I need for each PP purchase.

Aren Jay
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I still do not know what Pay pal is.

Donny Carlson
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I still do not know what Pay pal is.

Which are you having touble with - "pay" or "pal" ?