PDA

View Full Version : Security Device- Tell me your thoughts

O's Fan Rich
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Ignore the way the video is made, tell me what you think of the product.
It incorporates into a system, wireless or wired.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVzVS0BltxI

look at some of the other videos while you're there.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
My only issue is that you have to drag that 'mat' out of your trunk, place it in front/behind a tire, then move the car onto it.
If you are parallel parking, then it gets even more cumbersome.

Mac-MerC
08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
decent concept.... if ur worried about someone takin the whole car
with all my cars i had i was more worried about ppl takin whats inside... now if some way it could store the weight of the vehicle when u arm the device... then like when dude sat on the bike it would have automatically went off cuz weight was added and it wasnt disarmed (like someone sittin in the car to steal ya radio). that would b nice

i see it workin more for motorcycles than cars
IMHO

O's Fan Rich
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
What about using this to send an email or alert, letting you know the cars is being moved in the garage? You kid is taking a car, your construction trailer is being moved?

I see a lot of uses.

Pops
08-20-2009, 10:05 AM
It looks as it is designed for home or business use. Not to take with you on your travels. It is pretty cool! Be hard to steal Dads car for a joy ride with this system.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
What about using this to send an email or alert, letting you know the cars is being moved in the garage? Your kid is taking a car, your construction trailer is being moved?

I see a lot of uses.

Now you're talkin' brutha!
How about; "your wife is taking the Marauder"

O's Fan Rich
08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
It looks as it is designed for home or business use. Not to take with you on your travels. It is pretty cool! Be hard to steal Dads car for a joy ride with this system.

Buhler..... No Ferrari....:D

xopher
08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
I think it was hilarious it took him 2 minutes to fetch his own product out of a pool! :P

Seems sound, although as Joe mentioned, this isn't really something you can take out on the town with you. Also looks like it requires a security system to interface with. I might prefer the mobile tracking systems like LoJack or the cell-phone tower/GPS solutions, although it means it allows your car to get stolen.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Could I place that under both my stepson's butts?
I could then get an alarm warning me that they have moved off of the sofa and away from the TV/PlayStation console.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Does it work 'in reverse'....?

no weight = OK/normal condition mode
weight added = Alarm mode

If you are encountering marital strife; Place it under the mattress to keep tabs on the little ladie's activities.

Joe Walsh
08-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I've got to become a marketing rep for this company....

Glenn
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Nothing beats Ford's accessory car alarms. Their great and work perfect. I have the OEM alarm and a Ford vibration sensitive one - it's great. You rub against the car and the horn honks at you to get away. Both alarms work together and are armed with the same key fob. These alarms along with a steering wheel locking bar keep my MM safe.

Glenn :burnout:

O's Fan Rich
08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I think it was hilarious it took him 2 minutes to fetch his own product out of a pool! :P

Seems sound, although as Joe mentioned, this isn't really something you can take out on the town with you. Also looks like it requires a security system to interface with. I might prefer the mobile tracking systems like LoJack or the cell-phone tower/GPS solutions, although it means it allows your car to get stolen.

That's why I am interested... since that's what I do.
This is more for a client interested in knowing when a vehicle is moved. But, with the ability that I have to attach this to a radio system, an alarm system, or even to a CCTV system, there are many ways I can see this helping.
Plus, as I mentioned, I could let you know if your vehicle or whatever is parked on it, moves, by email, phone, fax and include pictures or video if you have the right equipment installed.

CRUZTAKER
08-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder if it will incorporate with an ADT system?

How cool...have check out his website.

O's Fan Rich
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
I wonder if it will incorporate with an ADT system?

How cool...have check out his website.

Yes it should. Most ADT residential products are Honeywell products private labeled for ADT anymore...... the real trick will be getting them to come out and do the work!

shawn.criswell
08-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I have this security system on my house. It has wireless sensors around entry points and a battery back up( in case someone tries to shut off power). It has a two way communication system to speak to a dispatcher. I can be on the other end of my home upstairs and the dispatcher can hear everything in the home. This system is offered by Vector security systems.

CBT
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I have this security system on my house. It has wireless sensors around entry points and a battery back up( in case someone tries to shut off power). It has a two way communication system to speak to a dispatcher. I can be on the other end of my home upstairs and the dispatcher can hear everything in the home. This system is offered by Vector security systems.

How long ago was your house built, last week? I mapquested the addy you sent, no dice!

shawn.criswell
08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
How long ago was your house built, last week? I mapquested the addy you sent, no dice!
It's still less than a year old, this neighborhood still doesn't show on any GPS system either. Makes it harder for the cops to find the hideout.:)

CBT
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
It's still less than a year old, this neighborhood still doesn't show on any GPS system either. Makes it harder for the cops to find the hideout.:)

PM me directions, I can't stalk you if I can't find you. How much do you pay for the home sec. system if you don't mind me asking.

shawn.criswell
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
PM me directions, I can't stalk you if I can't find you. How much do you pay for the home sec. system if you don't mind me asking.
It was an offer I received shortly after moving in. Free equipment and installation, and I pay about $40 a month for monitoring. They have supposedly the least amount of false alarms than anyone else. Only had one in the 10 or so months that I've had it.

CBT
08-20-2009, 05:12 PM
It was an offer I received shortly after moving in. Free equipment and installation, and I pay about $40 a month for monitoring. They have supposedly the least amount of false alarms than anyone else. Only had one in the 10 or so months that I've had it.

Sweet, I would have guessed more. They hooked into the Fire Dept. also?

breeze
08-20-2009, 05:23 PM
i got 3 airhorns, tilt sensor n the new viper alarm n very soon backup battery, a "paInshocker"(HIGHPITCHED SPEAKER) n hood pin or mercury swith(uses a ball, when ball moves alarm goes off) but in a month or 2 LoJack getn put on bcuz i live in a hot area...they no longer break into ur car, they get flatbeds n snatch boys.

CBT
08-20-2009, 05:25 PM
i got 3 airhorns, tilt sensor n the new viper alarm n very soon backup battery, a "paInshocker"(HIGHPITCHED SPEAKER) n hood pin or mercury swith(uses a ball, when ball moves alarm goes off) but in a month or 2 LoJack getn put on bcuz i live in a hot area...they no longer break into ur car, they get flatbeds n snatch boys.

I would never wash the blood off my car if they tried that here.

breeze
08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
they carry guns too so sum mite b yours.lol..i dnt play when it comes 2my car so i could b in for it, but im not leavin w/o a fight.lol

shawn.criswell
08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Sweet, I would have guessed more. They hooked into the Fire Dept. also?
Hooked in with fire, police and ems. Has smoke, fire and CO gas monitors. Has panic buttons and instant alarm settings. I can actually call the house across it and arm and disarm the system. Even came with a keychain remote.:coolman:

CBT
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Hooked in with fire, police and ems. Has smoke, fire and CO gas monitors. Has panic buttons and instant alarm settings. I can actually call the house across it and arm and disarm the system. Even came with a keychain remote.:coolman:

Far out, sounds like a nice deal.

Aren Jay
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Bag of sand and a strip of plywood.

Nothing beats Ford's accessory car alarms. Their great and work perfect. I have the OEM alarm and a Ford vibration sensitive one - it's great. You rub against the car and the horn honks at you to get away. Both alarms work together and are armed with the same key fob. These alarms along with a steering wheel locking bar keep my MM safe.

Glenn :burnout:

In England while at college a guy had a new Jaguar and it had an alarm that would speak in a male voice.

It would ask you to step away if you got too close, or if you leaned on it. It would sound with a bump or if you tried to break in, but instead of the annoying ignored alarm sound it would yell "I'm being tampered with", it would also send a message to the remote to alert the owner.

Never seen or heard anything else like it.

O's Fan Rich
08-21-2009, 05:15 AM

Hooked into Vector's Central Station, not directly to the Authorities, more than likely.
Everything you describe above is standard in the industry.
Heck, you can control your system from a pda, phone, internet if you want.
Make sure you have a radio backup or primary so that the bad guy's don't cut your phone lines.