PDA

View Full Version : Challenger involved in fatal accident on test drive.

Embassy
08-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Challenger on test drive involved in fatal accident. (http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230334/1008/NEWS01/Car+involved+in+fatal+crash+wa s+on+test+drive+from+auto+deal ership)

The driver has been charged with manslaughter.

What liability does the dealership have?

DOOM
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
WTF!!! Thats insane.
How do you manage to kill 2 people on a test drive???

Blackened300a
08-24-2009, 09:21 AM
WTF!!! Thats insane.

Looks pretty obvious, Long stretch of road, 09 R/T Challenger, some old couple pulls out on the road without looking and Blamo! One t-boned Sable

Driver of the challenger is fully to blame not the dealership.

magindat
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Let's not automatically assume the fast car was to blame. The sable could have failed to yield. Even at 55mph, the nearly two ton Challenger would have ruined just about any car hit in the B-Pillar.

Embassy
08-24-2009, 09:43 AM
WTF!!! Thats insane.

Local news report they believe the driver was going near or over 100mph.

Blk Mamba
08-24-2009, 10:14 AM
^^^^^^^^^^, and the salesman allowed this, how is the dealership not partially responsible?

SID210SA
08-24-2009, 10:21 AM
My prayers go out to those involved.....

MrBluGruv
08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
judging by the wreckage and the fact they said they couldn't identify the victims immediately, I shudder to think of what the first person to walk up to the vehicle was greeted with...

Joe Walsh
08-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Local news report they believe the driver was going near or over 100mph.

When you glance to your left and expect someone, who is a good distance down the road, to be driving 35-40 mph...
You figure that there is plenty of time/space to pull out.
But they are really going 100 mph.
By the time you realize the closing rate, it is too late.
That Sable was crushed.

SILVERSURFER03
08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Its called the blvd rule ..... Sorry that people in sable died but the law is funny

TiTo35
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Daaaaaaaaamn...:eek:

knine
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Challenger on test drive involved in fatal accident. (http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090823/NEWS01/908230334/1008/NEWS01/Car+involved+in+fatal+crash+wa s+on+test+drive+from+auto+deal ership)

The driver has been charged with manslaughter.

What liability does the dealership have?

The disturbing thing is that the dealer lets this car leave the lot with the front and side window obstructed. If speed was an issue, that is on the driver, but the driver should also have said something about the obstructed view. Prayers to the family of the ones lost in this situation.
http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=B2&Dato=20090823&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=908230812&Ref=PH&Item=17&Maxw=400&Maxh=380

guspech750
08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
i hope that P.O.S. gets the death penalty. and the salesman gets the life beaten out of him. gee. you think speed was involved? duh!! how can the salesman just let this a-hole drive like an a-hole and this happens. and what about the turd in the back seat. he too needs the life beaten out of him. but it ultimately falls on the driver who i hope kills himself. i feel bad the the families of the ones who died.

guspech750
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
The disturbing thing is that the dealer lets this car leave the lot with the front and side window obstructed. If speed was an issue, that is on the driver, but the driver should also have said something about the obstructed view. Prayers to the family of the ones lost in this situation.
http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=B2&Dato=20090823&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=908230812&Ref=PH&Item=17&Maxw=400&Maxh=380

i would think if the driver was smart enough....which he is not!! he could of tapped that little button for the power window and lowered it.

Bluerauder
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
i hope that P.O.S. gets the death penalty. and the salesman gets the life beaten out of him. gee. you think speed was involved? duh!! how can the salesman just let this a-hole drive like an a-hole and this happens. and what about the turd in the back seat. he too needs the life beaten out of him. but it ultimately falls on the driver who i hope kills himself. i feel bad the the families of the ones who died.
You don't have any strong opinions on this do you. :P Last I heard, conviction of vehicular manslaughter does not include Capital Punishment.

There may be alot of stupidity involved all around in this case. However, stupidity is not a criminal offense. It is very unfortunate & sad that two people were killed. :( I am sure that the driver and the salesman will get their just deserts once this goes to the courts. I suspect the salesman no longer has a job and both will likely serve some jail time over this --- the driver for his direct role and the salesman as an accomplice before the fact.

The Death Penalty .... get real. Hell, we can't even assure that proven and known terrorists that kill 280 people by blowing up a plane will serve out their life sentences. GMAFB.

guspech750
08-25-2009, 03:02 AM
yeah i know the death penalty is very far fetched. i just tired of all these stupid people causing so many people harm, pain, and suffering.

i bet the terrorists was realeased probably for oil. anyone here something of that nature?

mrjones
08-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't know what the laws are like there, but here in TX, it sounds like the Sable would've been at fault. The article says the Sable pulled on to Fern, and the Challenger was travelling on Fern. Here, it's likely the Sable would've been charged with Failure to Yield Right of Way. If the officer had cause to believe the Challenger was travelling above the speed limit he could've been cited for that or for failure to control speed. Challenger going too fast doesn't mean it's OK to pull out in front of it. Sad case anyway you look at it, though.

MrBluGruv
08-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't know what the laws are like there, but here in TX, it sounds like the Sable would've been at fault. The article says the Sable pulled on to Fern, and the Challenger was travelling on Fern. Here, it's likely the Sable would've been charged with Failure to Yield Right of Way. If the officer had cause to believe the Challenger was travelling above the speed limit he could've been cited for that or for failure to control speed. Challenger going too fast doesn't mean it's OK to pull out in front of it. Sad case anyway you look at it, though.

+1

All this situation means is that BOTH drivers screwed up, to tragic end.

Personally, things like this are why I don't dick around getting moving when I pull onto a major street from a parking lot or side street.

-Matt-
08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
things like this are why I don't dick around getting moving when I pull onto a major street from a parking lot or side street.

adding another reason to supercharge the marauder on my list

RoyLPita
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM

Judging by those stickers, this was not a new Challenger.

FastMerc
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Its a sham yes but it always happens with the Muscle cars.When the Ford GT came out same thing happened,also a gt mustang a Z06 corvtte etc etc there are just stupid people on the roads young and old.Some one pays a price one way or another.Back when the 5.0 mustangs came out it seemed everyday in the paper some dealership lost one in a wreck.

Embassy
08-26-2009, 04:47 AM
http://www.wlky.com/news/20561146/detail.html

Marauderjack
08-26-2009, 05:26 AM
They called it a "Charger" in the response??:confused:

knine
08-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Judging by those stickers, this was not a new Challenger.
For 39K I would hope it's new :eek:

hidperf
08-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Saying the dealership is responsible is like saying Dodge is responsible for building a car that fast. Do you think the customer took that particular car on a test drive because of it's excellent gas mileage, plush ride and low-speed comfort? The cars are built, designed and marketed as "muscle cars". Speed and power, that's it.
I feel for the families who lost a loved one, don't get me wrong. But why does everyone in this country need to blame someone else when something goes wrong? The driver, and nobody else, is responsible for what happened. He got behind the wheel. He put his foot down. He killed them.

Accidents happen. And I'm sure this man will pay for the rest of his life in some form.

FastMerc
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
[quote=hidperf;800689]Saying the dealership is responsible is like saying Dodge is responsible for building a car that fast. Dont go there it happened to Ford with the Explorer (because to many idiots drove them like a sports car)

SpartaPerformance
08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^, and the salesman allowed this, how is the dealership not partially responsible?

Salesman is trying to sell a car to make his commission.

Black_Noise
08-26-2009, 09:02 PM
looking at pic 17 or 18 in the gallery and seeing the $39988 in giant yellow window chauk on the windshield, Im wondering if the dealership is retarded letting people out with such obstuctions.

Like Knine said.....

Reminds me of this...
http://www.bumperactive.com/images/catalog/thumbs/3970-72.jpg