08-24-2009, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxqJCdgSLk

Vortex
08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
That was a good one.

Bluerauder
08-24-2009, 03:59 PM
That was a good one.
Looks like a recruiting video. The F-14, F/A-18 and F-22 will fly rings around the French Mirage delta wing. I think they blew up one of their own planes too. :P

UncleLar
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice video,but let me tell you about a REAL freaking bird,I was at the Rockford,IL. Airshow yesterday and got to see a **** hot pilot having a ball putting the very aptly named F-22 Raptor thru it's paces in a demo flight that left me totally in awe.This my friends is one badazz airplane.
Then they managed to make it even better,all my life I've been wanting to see and hear a P-51 flying and doing a low altitude high speed pass and while the Raptor was circling I got to see the P-51 take off,do a high speed low altitude pass and a couple more fly bys,and THEN, the Raptor joined up with the Mustang for a series of fly arounds and passes.To me it was just so darn cool,way better than the F-16 and Corsair F4U joint flight earlier in the day.The Mustang has a 37 foot wingspan but next to the Raptor it looked like a Cessna the Raptor is so big.
If you get the chance to see a Raptor put thru it's paces at an airshow DON'T MISS IT! The Raptor did stuff I still can't believe and I have most of it on video.
And now I can die happy because I finally got to hear a P-51 Mustang do a high speed low altitude pass at what the Brits call "Full Chat"! Man,that V-12 Merlin is one sweet sounding motor! I think those two birds were the best things I've seen since my son was born!
I also got to see the world's only privately owned Harrier do it's thing,also cool and a B1 Valkyrie do a low altitude fly by and a few higher passes.

ImpalaSlayer
08-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice video,but let me tell you about a REAL freaking bird,I was at the Rockford,IL. Airshow yesterday and got to see a **** hot pilot having a ball putting the very aptly named F-22 Raptor thru it's paces in a demo flight that left me totally in awe.This my friends is one badazz airplane.
Then they managed to make it even better,all my life I've been wanting to see and hear a P-51 flying and doing a low altitude high speed pass and while the Raptor was circling I got to see the P-51 take off,do a high speed low altitude pass and a couple more fly bys,and THEN, the Raptor joined up with the Mustang for a series of fly arounds and passes.To me it was just so darn cool,way better than the F-16 and Corsair F4U joint flight earlier in the day.The Mustang has a 37 foot wingspan but next to the Raptor it looked like a Cessna the Raptor is so big.
If you get the chance to see a Raptor put thru it's paces at an airshow DON'T MISS IT! The Raptor did stuff I still can't believe and I have most of it on video.
And now I can die happy because I finally got to hear a P-51 Mustang do a high speed low altitude pass at what the Brits call "Full Chat"! Man,that V-12 Merlin is one sweet sounding motor! I think those two birds were the best things I've seen since my son was born!
I also got to see the world's only privately owned Harrier do it's thing,also cool and a B1 Valkyrie do a low altitude fly by and a few higher passes.

too bad the raptor program is being cancled! :mad2:

ought to head out to reno for the races, all the p51s you could want.

cruzer
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
It's nice to know you young folks appreciate a work of art. I have over 400 hours as pilot of North American P-51Ds. IT was the most fun a pilot can have in the air--it would amaze you with what it could do--oneof the best piston-driven fighters ever built. If you think the Merlin sounds great on the ground, you should hear it from the cockpit when you put the Mustang thru it's paces. The four years I flew it really taught me the true joy of flying. Every time you see and hear a Mustang, think of me up there, having a ball !!!!! Us old guys had a lot of fun. Maury

Vortex
08-25-2009, 07:05 AM

If you see a Valkyrie flying, let us know, Ill drive up and watch it with you. I think you mean Lancer.

http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Aeronautics-and-Astronautics/16-333Fall-2004/3ADD6A6B-66B6-449E-92B6-B1A87829100A/0/chp_b1_lancer.jpg

http://www.murdoconline.net/2008/xb-70_stbd.jpg

SILVERSURFER03
08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
I really like the sr+71 black bird

UncleLar
08-25-2009, 04:21 PM
It's nice to know you young folks appreciate a work of art. I have over 400 hours as pilot of North American P-51Ds. IT was the most fun a pilot can have in the air--it would amaze you with what it could do--oneof the best piston-driven fighters ever built. If you think the Merlin sounds great on the ground, you should hear it from the cockpit when you put the Mustang thru it's paces. The four years I flew it really taught me the true joy of flying. Every time you see and hear a Mustang, think of me up there, having a ball !!!!! Us old guys had a lot of fun. Maury

Maury,you're my new idol! :bows: :2thumbs: Do you have pics with your plane(s)?
That was THE first P-51 I got to see fly and hear in person but I guarantee if and/or when I see another I'll think of you as a young man with a full face grin ripping thru the sky in yours!
It broke my heart to see the special on Oshkosk 2008 when the 2 P-51's got into a collision when landing and the one flipped and killed the pilot. :(
And I stand corrected on the Valkyrie.