PDA

View Full Version : Cop fired after waitress poses with rifle on car

Embassy
08-26-2009, 06:36 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/__NEW/__NewsChannel/nc_copfired2_090821.300w.jpg

MIDLAND, Texas - A Texas sheriff fired one deputy and suspended three others without pay after a scantily dressed waitress holding a rifle posed for photographs on the hood of a patrol vehicle.
Police said Round Rock officers were dispatched to a restaurant after someone reported the waitress with the weapon, which had been given to her by one of the Midland County deputies who had been attending a training session near Austin.
The incident occurred last week in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant, which promotes its "fun, friendly and sometimes flirty atmosphere!"
The deputies told Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter that they had about three to five beers each.
A fifth deputy who remained inside the eatery got a letter of reprimand.

Think he should have been fired?

Krytin
08-26-2009, 06:38 AM
She DOES look friendly.......

A little bit.

Bluerauder
08-26-2009, 06:51 AM

Absolutely Not !!! The story says .... "... after a scantily dressed waitress holding a rifle posed for photographs on the hood of a patrol vehicle."

The girl is clearly sitting on the trunk NOT the hood. Not sure she qualifies as scantily clad either. A good lawyer will get him off on a technicality. ;)

Under normal circumstances, this might have drawn a reprimand, counseling, or possibly even a bust in rank. Much depends on the policies in effect at the particular police department. Personally, I think this issue is less about the girl or the clothing or posing with a department vehicle. If that is HIS weapon that she is holding .... I am pretty sure that there is a Loss of Control issue. And 3-5 beers On Duty???? There might also be other prior incidents that added up to result in the firing.

LIGHTNIN1
08-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Does look like a crisis situation.:beer:

O's Fan Rich
08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Ain't my Daughter, so I don't care.....

Nice weapon though.....

Blackmobile
08-26-2009, 07:21 AM
I think I see the problem here, Firearms, Alcohol, and Badges don't really go together, especially to other badges on duty.

PantherP71
08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
They should keep him around and use him to make calenders with her. :D

Pat
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I think I see the problem here, Firearms, Alcohol, and Badges don't really go together, especially to other badges on duty.

Precisely and using an official car at that. What were they thinking? :dunno:

I think firing was appropiate. However, in many cities the police union or review board usually reinstates the offender for minor offenses of judgement. But the firing sends a message from officialdom. :nono:

Regards,

Krytin
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
If that is HIS weapon that she is holding .... I am pretty sure that there is a Loss of Control issue.

Yep - especially if it's a "select fire" weapon!
That would be bad.

guspech750
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
yep. he definitely screwed up. she should have been naked in the photo so as none of her clothes would scratch the paint.:D

JUST 1BULLITT
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Lots of excellent points here - and PUNS too! LOL! (Maybe those "Police Academy" comedies are becoming too common of an example...) i could see letters of reprimand, but without knowing the complete story as others have said, maybe this was the last straw...It'd be funny IF the Sheriff now hires HER as a Deputy -- based on her "Rifle Skills and desires..." Just my 2 cents.

FastMerc
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
She cute yup!

martyo
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
A good lawyer will get him off

I thought that was the job of the scantilly clad waitress.

SHERIFF
08-26-2009, 05:55 PM

The controversay seems to be whether the cop asked her to pose or not. He claims he didn't ask her. She claims he did ask her.

If he lied, I think termination is appropriate.

Donny Carlson
08-26-2009, 05:58 PM
The controversay seems to be whether the cop asked her to pose or not. He claims he didn't ask her. She claims he did ask her.

If he lied, I think termination is appropriate.

Whoa! Hey Sherriff! Been a long time!!

Bluerauder
08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
I thought that was the job of the scantilly clad waitress.
I believe you're right, Counselor. The defense rests. :snore:

SHERIFF
08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Whoa! Hey Sherriff! Been a long time!!

Howday!! I have been very busy. With all the lawsuits finally winding down (in my favor I might add),
I find myself having more time to stop in and bug youse guys a little more now! :D

MMARAUDER
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
That officer should of definetly been fired. He broke soo many rules and regulations. It might have seemed harmless but who knows that woman could of been mentally ill or something and turned around and started to fire on the officer(s) and the other bystandards. He should consider himself lucky they just fired him.The waitress is hot tho :-)

bluesfan
08-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Many years ago (late 70's ) there was a picture of a REALLY scanticly unclad young lady spread out on the hood of a Chicago Police car posted in Easyriders magazine. The squad car number was visable in the picture and word has it someone got fired. I prob still have the magazine.

FormulaMarauder
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
There was another story on this that probed a little deeper. They were off-duty on their way back from an out of town training session and the rifle was NOT loaded. Fired? Eh, harmless fun. Suspended and reprimanded? Sounds a bit more like it.

shawn.criswell
08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately there are to many firearm "mishaps" due to someone handling what was supposedly an unloaded weapon. I get summary reports every quarter from the military on such incidents due to my involvment with weapons in the military. I never pose with, or assume that any of my firearms are unloaded. If a trained profesional can have a mishap, what would happen with an individual+beer+minimum training result in?

MMARAUDER
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
There was another story on this that probed a little deeper. They were off-duty on their way back from an out of town training session and the rifle was NOT loaded. Fired? Eh, harmless fun. Suspended and reprimanded? Sounds a bit more like it. yeah this gun wasn't loaded either jump to 14 seconds. enough said.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

martyo
08-27-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkOddgjYuY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

DEFYANT
08-28-2009, 05:20 AM
I agree. Fire them! This is the real world, not hollywood. I cant imagine doing this. Lets see...

hmmmm....

I'm going to go out for a beer or three with buds and take the police car.... NOT

If I did, would I get the hottie to pose with my rifle on my car and take a picture? Frack NO.

Worst part is, this has happend before. This guy was just trying to score.

martyo
08-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Worst part is, this has happend before. This guy was just trying to score.

You say that like it is a bad thing!

:P

Vortex
08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Anybody that stupid is dangerous with a badge.

twin03
08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
They must have a weak FOP union.......

DEFYANT
08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
You say that like it is a bad thing!

:P

LOL, no.... nothing against scoring. Pimping his badge for a piece of ass and using his um.... equipment, is wrong.

Show-n-tell with police rifles alone is bad. Give it to a waitress to hold has got to be a cardinal sin somewhere!

Bigdogjim
08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
The whole thing is a STORY! Everyone know cops hang out at donut shops:lol:

DEFYANT
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
The whole thing is a STORY! Everyone know cops hang out at donut shops:lol:

Finally, someone with some sense!