PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Ford ESP provisions

CRUZTAKER
08-31-2009, 08:53 AM
NON-MARAUDER

My 2006 Focus has the Platinum ESP 6/60k.
My milage is 57,650 today.

The transmission has started to slip in passing situations for a few months now. Fluids are good.

I took it to the purchasing dealer today. The dealer I went to from day one for service went under two months ago. Now I am forced to travel accross town to the original seller.

The service advisor warned me that if the trans must come out for repairs, a third party investigator will be required to examine the car. The car is completely stock. However, there is no record of my 30k trans fluid replacement. Fluid only, not filter, is what my service book indicates I should have had done at 30k.

I do all of my own maintainence at home. Being a bussiness car, I kept an accurate log for tax purposes from day one of its in service. I have autozone reciepts for oil and filters and dates are in my log books.

Now....had I had the reciept for a few gallons of trans fluid...theoretically...would this suffice this third party guy to allow my warranty work?

Glenn
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
CALL Ford ESP program advisor for correct information - look in your ESP materials for the number. Your dealer can easily make the necessary decision to fix the trans. The thing about the fluid trans is technical BS. Don't buy a new car from this dealer. The only possible 3rd party is a Ford ESP technician - who normally will come to a dealer for engine failure analysis to determin if a blown engine was abused before OKing replacement.

This ESP repair should have been simple and clean. GO to another dealer - do not do business with this dealer for anything.

Glenn

Phrog_gunner
08-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Sounds like they are just trying to "scare" you into just not taking it there. They probably figure if they talk tough and you know you cant produce recipts, then you won't bother trying to get away with the warranty = score for the dealer....

cruzer
08-31-2009, 11:14 AM
I am on my 6th ESP warranty--Ihave had over 20 claims for everything from complete a/c systems to engine replacements and 2 tranny overhauls---NEVER had a third party---not even mentioned in contract--get to h---away from that dealer--good luck, Maury

CRUZTAKER
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Ok...I just got off the phone with the service advisor in an attempt to clear some things up.

BTW: I went to this dealership because my brother in law is the General Manager and he is the one that hooked me up with the sale in the first place.

I have not had a moment to discuss this situation with him yet, so he may be able to correct some things.

The service advisor continues to tell me that on all MAJOR repairs that exceed x amount of dollars need prior approval and that 99% of the time the Ford ESP agency will send a person (an independent investigator contracted by them) to examine and take pictures of said issue and report findings back to Ford ESP.

WTF?

You guys make it sound cut and dry...these guys firmly say this is the way things are.
Who am I to believe?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
I had ESP for about a month before canceling it. Yeah I got the "above $1000 dollars or whatever requires ESP inspector approval" deal too. I had to wait through part of a week and weekend for them to get the ESP inspector out there, then after having taken my rear end apart for gear noise the inspector denied the claim, then I had to pay out of pocket to have the car put back together. That was not a way I wanted to do business, I might as well eat the cost of parts and do the guess and check work myself.I don't like not knowing whether something is going to be covered, and if there is labor to take it apart to inspect it, wind up paying for tear down and reassembly and get nowhere. I'm sure the ESP is worth it for easy to diagnose failures like, my EATC died, my door lock actuator died, stuff like that, but the "other" scenarios scared me too much.

Glenn
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
It is the type of dealer you are working with - I had 3 rears rebuild and new axles and bearings installed by Ford on my ESP plan with no inspection, no hassle. The dealer can make or break you. I guess I was spoiled by my Ford dealer - never an issue.

But, in reality how can they turn down a trans issue with a Focus. The trans fluid is just a technicality if they do not like you.

Glenn

BODYMAN
08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
The Dealer is kinda right anything over 2,xxx will requirea 3rd party inspection! but I do not see fro what youre saying were they can deny youre claim. You should be fine. I know on the dollar amount as I work for Ford dealer and have seen this very often.

CRUZTAKER
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Thank you everyone!

I have a bit more clarity on the issue thanks to my former service agent as well.

As most of you likely expected...guess where we're at now?

I just got the infamous "We can't duplicate the problem call" :shake:

Now I have to drive across town and take the service employee for a ride in my car and PROVE to them that the problem that has been occurring for the last three months in INDEED occurring and will continue to occur through the remainer of my warranty.

Wow. :stupid:

Glenn
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Hate to hear about the run around - just not right.

Glenn

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
What a surprise. Issues like that, suck to deal with. Good luck.

Steve

CRUZTAKER
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
What a surprise. Issues like that, suck to deal with. Good luck.

Steve

Thank you Steve...and your solution is quite appreciated.;) :burnout: