PDA

View Full Version : A fun video game revisited...

marauder307
10-20-2003, 07:57 AM
I don't get out much these days...read into that whatever you like:rolleyes:...so I spend a lotta time at home after work. Recently I decided to retry a (now old) video game that I enjoyed the he11 out of 'bout 6 years back...Interstate '76.

In a demonstration of just how geeky I really am:P , I've got the Gold version, the Arsenal pack, and the sequel Interstate '82.

I'76 is a story-driven game set in an alternate world in the '70s Southwestern U.S. The bad guys have taken over the roads, and your sister named Jade Champion, along with a bad-a$$ soul brother named Taurus and a stereotyped doofus mechanic named Skeeter, have been fighting the road vigilante fight in the wilds of western Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. She gets wiped by the head baddie, a guy named Malochio, and you (named Groove Champion, lol) spend the game chasing him down through his cohorts in crime.

The opening scenes are pretty cool...running 100 mph+ gunbattle between Malochio's Corvette and your sister's Hemi-Cuda. In an effort to avoid trademark troubles with all of the various car companies, Activision changed all the names...sorta. For example, the Plymouth 'Cuda becomes the Picard Piranha. The Corvette becomes the Courcheval Manta, and so on. The Arsenal pack adds some nifty scenarios, including an opening scene that introduces Taurus to Jade. It also adds some cars that weren't represented in the first game, like the El Camino, the '69 Charger, the '70 GTO, the VW Bug (you also get a clown car version), the Jaguar XKE, and so on.

For us, the car to pick would be the 1970 Lincoln Towncar (renamed the Jefferson Sovereign). The Arsenal pack adds a pimped-out version in all red with gold trim and bumpers. You haven't had fun until you spec'd this sucker out with twin .50s, radar-guided missles, and a flamethrower. Sounds like the kinda car I wish I had for the daily commute in south STL.:flamer:

Only problem I have with it now is that it was written for Win 98 machines, not the P4 I have now. The game keeps shutting down on me. Oh well...I should take that as a sign to get a life, I suppose.:rolleyes: Anyway, it's fun. Anybody else tried to put this thing on their late-model computer?

03SILVERSTREAK
10-20-2003, 08:17 AM
If you like driving simulations then I suggest Need for speed hot pursuit II . You safely race other speeders and get chased by the cops . It works with win 98 and XP . Try it , you won,t be disappointed .

duhtroll
10-20-2003, 08:52 AM
AND - you can be the cop in a CVPI in NFSHPII. You can also reset the stats of any car in the game so that they more accurately reflect the MM's performance. Or you can just assign the Dodge Viper's stats to the CVPI and really have some fun.

Of course, then the coppers get to use those stats, too, so fleeing from them becomes harder . . .. :)

It's a fun game that has lots of good cars to choose from. I bet there are sites to download additional cars from (like there used to be for all NFS games).

-A

Petrograde
10-20-2003, 09:18 AM
I-76 was a great game! Man, I haven't thought about it in years.

They need to come out with an updated version.

crom
10-20-2003, 09:34 AM
I used to have that game complete with a steering wheel and pedal set I bought just for the game. I still have the later version Interstate 82, but no longer have the steering wheel set up. It's definitely a fun game. I can't help with the computer issue, I still run Win98 on mine so it works fine. They need to come out with a new version, maybe have the Marauder and Impalla SS on there. That would be cool!

Forenzic
10-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Only problem I have with it now is that it was written for Win 98 machines, not the P4 I have now. The game keeps shutting down on me. Oh well...I should take that as a sign to get a life, I suppose.:rolleyes: Anyway, it's fun. Anybody else tried to put this thing on their late-model computer?

Have you tried running it in '98 compatability mode?

dunno .... might help tho.

:dunno:

Patrick
10-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Hows this I still have competley functional ATARI!!!! I know sad!!!!!

Petrograde
10-04-2004, 04:28 PM
:lol: an OLD thread,.. about an even OLDER video game!!!

Bigdogjim
10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Thread police please do your job here!

And another bites the dust.......................

Patrick
10-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Old thread dying a slow death. Back to my ATARI and geritol.