PDA

View Full Version : In the 12's!

CBT
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
12 hour workdays, that is. Contrary to popular believe and text messages and e-mails I got, I have not been away for any of the following reasons:
1.) I destroyed my car. (still trying)
2.) I destroyed myself. (ditto)
3.) I was in jail. (turns out she WAS 18, in your face!)
4.) Me and Snoop been on a sticky-icky binge. (it was just me)
5.) I was building a 7 second Marauder.
Reasons I may have returned for:
1.) I heard there may be another run of Marauder mouse pads.
2.) I miss the intellechual...inteleku...I miss the slams.
3.) I heard j-bob, k-nine, and p-hrog missed me.
4.) I like big butts and I cannot lie.
5.) Me and Snoop are done with our sticky-icky binge. (i'm not done!)

Truth is I have been working 10 to 12 hour days, 7 days a week, and going to college full time at night. One class is Religion, New Testament, so if I break biblical on that azz please forgive me, like Jesus said you should. My company loaned me out to help with weld inspections on the USS Truxton. I don't know what they are paying my company to borrow me, but I know what I'm making. Aaaaaaaaalot. I have a "scribe" assigned to supposedly help me. From casual observation I have determined these are people who show up at the gates to the shipyard each day asking if they need anything done. What is supposed to happen is something like this. I jam all 6 feet 2 inches, 194 pounds of me into a tiny spot (calm down, Phrog. Not that spot.) like say under your kitchen cabinet. Upside down. Cause that's the only way to fit around everything else that's in the way. Then, I call out measurements to my "scribe" who is supposed to convert 64th's into decimal equivelants and tell me if that particular sized pipe with that particular wall thickness has enough weld on it. These people can't spell math much less DO math. I honestly think if you gave them a multiple choice question and asked them which one of the following is a 64th of an inch, and TWO of the 3 choices were a 64th of an inch, they would pick Donkey. And this shipyard I'm at should qualify as a combat zone. When the lady at passs and ID gave me my swipe card I held out my hand again. She said "That's it." I said "Where's the switchblade?" She said "What switchblade?" "I said the one we get issued to work here, if I'm going to get shanked I want fighting chance." A colorful and unpleasant exchange followed, I remember asking if the 'Scared Straight' program would be filming there today. Maaaaan, that converstaion did not go over too well. Until I told her what company I work for, booyaaaa!! Holy crap, I'm surprised Kanye hasn't interrupted my typing yet. Butt seriously... So my first scribe, who we shall refer to as Nay Nay, because that's what she said her name was, fell out from heat exhaustion the other day. Which I'm still stumped about, all she had to do was write numbers on a spread sheet, but whatever. I'm the one sweating out half my body weight each day playing contortionist; the air is off, the water is off, the only thing working on this ship is the lights. So imagine working in a big steel box that is sitting on blocks of wood just cooking in the sun. I do not feel sorry for her. After she left in an ambulance, I felt a wee bit sorry for her, but she is BACK. She is a firewatch now!!! I feel sorry for the welder. Now the other guys rag me each day with stuff like "Hey Case, try not to kill your scribe today." and "Put a notch on your clipboard for Nay Nay yet?"
So after working all day in 'Super Max' shipyard, I get to go sit in class at night, and try to block out the pain. Each day I leave there I feel like I've been *****. In the face. But then I do the overtime math and I get the bonerz, which gives me mixed emotions in Religion class. But not in Philosophy, because there are no wrong answers:
"What is the meaning of life, Casey?"
"Bend over, I'll show ya."
"Correct!"

Case-dog, out.

Motorhead350
09-17-2009, 07:18 PM
We are going to have a talk about number two.

Welcome back.

sd8683
09-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome back bud! You get that blackout tape?

bob6364
09-17-2009, 07:30 PM

NOOO...But I bet he wishes he had some EB Green.....:P

CBT
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Yeeeeaaaaaaah baby! Havn't logged on to say thanks till now so THANKS! Can't wait to use it. I was going to wrap my weenus with it and and see if once Amy went black she'd never come back. But after thinking about it, I got scared. :(

Egon Spengler
09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I have taken a little leave of absence myself... no stilmulation anymore... everyone wants to talk about marauders! I miss the homoerotic banter!

CBT
09-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I have taken a little leave of absence myself... no stilmulation anymore... everyone wants to talk about marauders! I miss the homoerotic banter!

You used stimulation and homoerotic, 2 of my 3 favorite words!

oldekid
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Religion huh? Wow!

-Matt-
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
We missed you.... like a bad venereal disease

CBT
09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
We missed you.... like a bad venereal disease
Smatty! What's new with ya? Much like a bad venereal disease, I will pop up occasionally and make your happy place itch.

CBT
09-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Religion huh? Wow!

Yep, and believe it or not, I can baptize people. Scary, huh?

DOOM
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
:welcome: back.

:cool5:

oldekid
09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Yep, and believe it or not, I can baptize people. Scary, huh?Don't get me wrong, because I'm not a religious guy, but. . . yes, that does scare me.

So, did you drown AJ? :)

O's Fan Rich
09-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Yep, and believe it or not, I can baptize people. Scary, huh?

Holding people under the water until you get what you want is not baptism.......

It's waterboarding.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Holding people under the water until you get what you want is not baptism.......

It's waterboarding.

They probably needed the bath anyways......

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:32 AM
All I can say is...

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 06:37 AM
All I can say is...

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

CLASSIC........I'd be surprised if anyone younger than me knows wtf that is (without google).

Egon Spengler
09-18-2009, 06:45 AM
I loved that show on Nick at Nite

Welcome Back Kotter!

CLASSIC........I'd be surprised if anyone younger than me knows wtf that is (without google).

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Good old Horshack.........ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh Mr Kahhhtter!

SC Cheesehead
09-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Okay, which one of you guys is Epstein?

justbob
09-18-2009, 07:29 AM
MMMMMMatt

I am Vinny

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 08:08 AM
I loved that show on Nick at Nite

Welcome Back Kotter!

I stand corrected.....Nice work......:beer:

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 09:07 AM
MMMMMMatt

I am Vinny

Lol awesome

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I give this thread about 3 more hours before the talk about man sex begins.....

justbob
09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Not gonna happen. TJ is probably out on the bike.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I can see him right now in his spandex outfit......"ohhhhhhhhhh BIKER, I'm an idiot".........

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 02:46 PM
CBT only comes around when man sex is on the menu

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
CBT only comes around when man sex is on the menu

Sounds like you are offering......

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Arnt we all? Wait have i been on the wrong forum this whole time?!?

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Arnt we all? Wait have i been on the wrong forum this whole time?!?

I dunno....TJ is pretty ghey too.

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Its ok, we all understand that the Marines turned you gay.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Its ok, we all understand that the Marines turned you gay.

Any port in a storm.......

sd8683
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
When I read the title of this thread and read who the OP was, the first thing that came to mind was...... Oh that's where Casey has been! Bangkok!

justbob
09-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh TJ where art thou?

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh TJ where art thou?

He's too busy kissing that leo chick's azz.....

justbob
09-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't you? I likey.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Wouldn't you? I likey.

Momma told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all....

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Thats exactly the reason why I haven't talked to your momma lately.

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Thats exactly the reason why I haven't talked to your momma lately.

ZING!!!

:cool4:

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
So what do ya say fellas? The new new thread?

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
i hope so............

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Life has been quite boring since "the close down".

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 06:33 PM
So what do ya say fellas? The new new thread?

I second that emotion...... I was gonna say it earlier but I didn't want to jinx it....

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
too late.... the mods are already circling.... shhhhhh

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Well since we have our own room now I gotta ask. Who spiked the geritol? All the old farts have been going mental lately......

justbob
09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
:dunno:Wasn't I?

Been off work for a little over a week now, painted everything I missed on the last lay off. Nice to catch up on stuff, but REALLY feeling the pinch.

Phrog_gunner
09-19-2009, 10:30 AM
:dunno:Wasn't I?

Been off work for a little over a week now, painted everything I missed on the last lay off. Nice to catch up on stuff, but REALLY feeling the pinch.

You sure that's not just C-dog's hand on your azz?

Bluerauder
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Then, I call out measurements to my "scribe" who is supposed to convert 64th's into decimal equivelants and tell me if that particular sized pipe with that particular wall thickness has enough weld on it. These people can't spell math much less DO math. I honestly think if you gave them a multiple choice question and asked them which one of the following is a 64th of an inch, and TWO of the 3 choices were a 64th of an inch, they would pick Donkey.

This ^^^^ is the really scary part. Your company pays you big bucks to inspect the welds and the weak link in the chain is a "scribe" who is recording the info in probably less than 100% fashion. Why doesn't the company train their own scribes and bill the bastards. I think it is better to get the job right than to get it cheap for the sake of minimal savings of the "scribes" pay.

Phrog_gunner
09-19-2009, 04:42 PM
This ^^^^ is the really scary part. Your company pays you big bucks to inspect the welds and the weak link in the chain is a "scribe" who is recording the info in probably less than 100% fashion. Why doesn't the company train their own scribes and bill the bastards. I think it is better to get the job right than to get it cheap for the sake of minimal savings of the "scribes" pay.

It's probably union work = lazy and stupid people "deserve" good jobs too. It's one thing to not be Einstein and be a hard worker and/or have a skilled trade, it's another to not be able to even successfully record another person's work. Those are the people that should and deserve to be fired, but they can't because of a union. Not that I know anything about gov't work, though.

justbob
09-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm union......

Phrog_gunner
09-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm union......

Yes, and you are a skilled tradesman.....so like I said above, doesn't apply to you. :P

justbob
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Thank you, after five years I would hope so.

-Matt-
09-19-2009, 07:43 PM
So CBT is gone again......

Phrog_gunner
09-19-2009, 08:34 PM
He's not going to be around much, with work and school and everything he doesn't have time to mess around on here too often.

-Matt-
09-19-2009, 08:36 PM
what bull****zle

Phrog_gunner
09-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Well that and going around to ACORN with a hidden camera and "pretending" he's running an underage prostitution ring....

-Matt-
09-20-2009, 09:07 AM
exactly...... :shiver:

Phrog_gunner
09-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Good thing it wasn't a Marine working with that heffer that fell out. Standing there saying "Are you serious? If you weren't such a fatass you might be able to stand there and write on a clipboard without dying......."

CBT
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Any port in a storm.......

HEY!!! THAT'S MY (pick up) LINE!!!

CBT
09-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Charlie, the scribes make 8 bucks an hour. I have no idea what thier parent company billed us per hour for the....privilage? of having them assist us. Well, assist might be a little a little dramatic. I may post more on my adventures there.