PDA

View Full Version : UFC 103 - First Time in Dallas

dpotter
09-18-2009, 02:01 PM
We got 5th row floor seats right in front of where the fighters enter the cage. Not quite "splatter zone" but damn close. Can't wait, I've never been to a live UFC even though I've watched since the very first competition when it was all Royce Gracie, bare knuckle 15 minute rounds back in the early 90's.

Anyone been to a UFC?

13 fights, biggest card ever in the UFC, starts at 5:20 and likely ends before midnight :) Great match-ups too; would like to see Franklin beat Belfort, Dos Santos over Cro Cop and my personal favorite among the total card, Koscheck to pound Trigg.

:banana:

sd8683
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Very cool! They just passed a bill here in Massachusetts to allow MMA fighting events! I can't wait! I'm a huge fan and I cant wait to attend an event, anyway have fun, I'm wicked jealous!

dpotter
09-18-2009, 07:25 PM
At the very least I hope to get a good pic of Logan :) my favorite ring girl! Should have some good shots, will post up Sunday.

Vortex
09-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Saw Shamrock fight one of them Gracie boys back in 1995 in Honolulu back when there werent quite as many rules as there are today! It was pretty entertaining but I remember they had three Muy Thai kickboxing matches as undercards and that seemed to be alot tougher. Anyway, I heard the PR guy on the radio today, guess its sold out so have a good time Dave!

freakstatus
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Nice. Some friends of mine saw UFC 100 in Vegas with St. Pierre and Alves. The Portland one was only 5 hours from where I live but we should be getting one up here in Vancouver soon.

As for ring girls....Edith Labelle FTW, my friend.

Hacklemerc
09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm rooting for Cro Cop, Kosh is a punk (he looks like a crazy homeless guy) and Trigg is a douche.. Hoping Franklin comes out on top too. Have fun. I am hella jealous.

TAKEDOWN
09-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Nice... you'll definitely get to hear every slap, pop, crunch, twist, punch, knee, kick etc. Brutal, but cool at the same time!

dpotter
09-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, it was an incredible event. The bad news is Franklin got wasted way too fast but the other dozen fights were awesome.

I met, in order, Tito Ortiz (and his lovely wife Jenna), Urijah Faber, Dana White, the Tapout guys, and was sitting with Herschel Walker all night. All of the "other" fighters were sitting right in front of us; Diego Sanchez, Mick Quick Swick, etc...

It was insane. These guys are very approachable and just a great bunch of people. Pics tomorrow, my buddy got some great shots.

freakstatus
09-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Ouch. Bad fight for Franklin....I call rematch. Any idea if Fabers gonna fight anytime soon? I know he's a little light and the UFC has no class lower than lightweight.

dpotter
09-20-2009, 08:31 AM
We talked about the Brown losses but he didn't mention upcoming fights and I didn't hear anything. He was super nice to everyone. He had to be there for a reason, there's been rumor about combining the WEC and UFC but I haven't seen any evidence of that. There is some relationship just not sure how it works.

Man, if you ever get a chance to go to a live UFC do it, that was fun.

dpotter
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Pics in this thread in the photo forum:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=809749#post80 9749