PDA

View Full Version : Squeaks and Rattles.

yorks
10-22-2003, 09:45 AM
I'm sure everybody has at least one little one, but I have two that are driving me absolutely bat*****. I was wondering if anybody had the same, or any solutions/suggestions.

1. Drivers side B pillar right in line with my left ear (see what I mean about driving me crazy?). This one sounds like something rubbing against something else.

2. Overhead storage bin. Sounds like there's something rattling around in there, even when it's empty.

I seem to remember from an earlier thread that LML had a B Pillar noise corrected by the dealership. Any help or advice would be appreciated.:help:

merc406
10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a door adjustment. Pull down the console and look, may be a screw loose or missed and just laying their bouncing around.

LCpl Retired
10-22-2003, 12:48 PM
I have that B pillar noise also....tech took seatbelt mech all apart, as well as rear door panel, did not help...

any ideas would be appreciated

GarageMahal
10-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I also have an annoying rattle coming from behind my left ear. I can't get it localized while I drive but I think it may be in the back door rather than the pillar as I always have the seat all the way back which puts the pillar next to me instead of behind.

One thing I noticed is that it generally does not happen when going straight down the road.

Someday I might actually go for a ride in the passenger seat and see if I can locate it. But that would mean someone else gets to drive my baby. :eek:

Hopefully we can start to get these worked out.

jta

TAF
10-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by GarageMahal
I also have an annoying rattle coming from behind my left ear. I can't get it localized while I drive but I think it may be in the back door rather than the pillar as I always have the seat all the way back which puts the pillar next to me instead of behind.

One thing I noticed is that it generally does not happen when going straight down the road.

Someday I might actually go for a ride in the passenger seat and see if I can locate it. But that would mean someone else gets to drive my baby. :eek:

Hopefully we can start to get these worked out.

jta

I had the same...told our guy here in ATL that works on all the Marauders (Scott Levin-TeamFord-the BEST in the biz)...he opened the door....started banging it with the palm of his hand on the inside around the handle, top, bottom, etc. It's gone.:up:

GarageMahal
10-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Thanks TAF! I will give it try before the drive home tonight.

Hopefully it will work for me too :)

jta

yorks
10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TAF
He opened the door....started banging it with the palm of his hand on the inside around the handle, top, bottom, etc. It's gone.:up:
Todd...Would that be the rear drivers side door? As I said before, the noise appears to be coming from the drivers side B pillar.
Thnx...

BlackVelvet
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
After asking my dealer to check the driver's door for being hard to open, (sticks in the door gasket). I got it back with squeaks, moans and groans when I open it. Sounds like the door on an old junker. Oh, and it still sticks.

WolfeBros
10-23-2003, 04:58 PM
I have a noise coming from the drivers side B pillar as well.
It almost sounds like a wire or something loose and slapping around in there. It comes and goes. :confused:

looking97233
10-23-2003, 05:07 PM
My Taurus did the same thing. turned out to be the shoulder belt heigth adjuster (same one on MM as my 98' Taurus) dealer replaced the part vibration sound went away.

yorks
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
That sounds about the right area. Thanks looking, I'll check it out and if it's not that at least I ruled something out.

cruzer
10-23-2003, 07:46 PM
The shoulder harness was the culprit on my car--repositioned slide--noise gone

sailsmen
10-23-2003, 07:53 PM
I just turn up the tunes and all the sqeaks go away!:D :D :D

TripleTransAm
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
You know, that's ONE thing my car hasn't suffered from, since day two of ownership. (I know... I'm jinxing myself...)

yorks
10-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
(I know... I'm jinxing myself...)
squeak squeak squeak