PDA

View Full Version : U2 Concert last night.

RacerX
09-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Sooo... I decided to take the MM all the way down to Gillette stadium last night with my wife to see U2. Awesome concert, parking and getting the heck out of parking.... SUCKED!!! Well worth it though, ok, my story:
Thankl God my wife was in the car, sh'es the little angel on my shoulder that's the good voice! I get to 128 North around Boston and it's about 1:45AM. I'm only doing 65 and some jackass flies up on my ass. Sooo close I can't see his headlights! Going around bnends in the highway too!!! There's room all around me and I just move to the right anyway. Normally, I would have punched and said C'YA! My wife has panic attacks and hates driving though. Guess what... Mass State Trooper!!! He was baiting me to punch it! I watched him do it ahead of me even to truckers! He actually missed some traffic cones from construction by inches by following a box truck extremely close and letting his left headlight shine into his mirror. Well, thanks to my honey, a good night and NO ticket! :D

Motorhead350
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Meh. I don't like the way that cop works.

As far as U2, let me know when Black Flag is coming back to town.

Glad you had fun though.

sd8683
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow Bill! I probably would have taken his bait hook, line and sinker lol, cause you of all people know I like to put it to the floor :rofl:
Glad you and the wife had a good time though :up:

a_d_a_m
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
As far as U2, let me know when Black Flag is coming back to town. +1, and I'll take mine with Keith Morris please.

Black Dynamite
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Old U2 is pretty good I think (before Achtung Baby). I can't imagine how much tickets were though.

Good thing you didn't fall for the troopers trick, thats pretty much BS he even tried that. What's the point of even trying that on truckers though?

RacerX
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
While it was happening to the box truck, my wife said: "I hope he slams on his brakes!" I was in tears laughing so hard! :D That's an embarrassing call to make to headquarters!

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Meh. I don't like the way that cop works.

As far as U2, let me know when Black Flag is coming back to town.

Glad you had fun though.

Ditto man...and no doubt I would have fell for that bait.

Not sure about Black Flag but KMFDM is in town next week.
A little more to my liking.;)

Motorhead350
09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Ditto man...and no doubt I would have fell for that bait.

Not sure about Black Flag but KMFDM is in town next week.
A little more to my liking.;)

I feel weird asking, but who are they? :o

a_d_a_m
09-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I feel weird asking, but who are they? :o
You have an internet connection...you shouldn't need to ask! Go look!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMFDM

For the record, "German industrial rock" = Adam tunes out, hahaha.....
To each their own, whatever!

Motorhead350
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I just didn't know if it stood for something. Kinda like how some people say SCOTS = South Culture On The Skids. You know...

a_d_a_m
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
SCOTS = South Culture On The Skids. It don't matter if your pants are shiny, if your dick is big or your dick is tiny.

Black Dynamite
09-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I just didn't know if it stood for something. Kinda like how some people say SCOTS = South Culture On The Skids. You know...
KMFDM= Kill Mother F-ing Depeche Mode. I don't think thats what it actually stands for but thats what we used to say in HS.

SCOTS rules btw...:beer:

"I met my baby in a used car lot.....drinkin cheap wine and throwin' rocks"

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2009, 07:59 PM
KMFDM= Kill Mother F-ing Depeche Mode. I don't think thats what it actually stands for but thats what we used to say in HS.

SCOTS rules btw...:beer:

Ahhh...I have heard that definition, and yes, they pretty much hate all that is depeche mode and rap...

KMFDM
Kein Mitleid für Die Mehrheit

Basically...NO PITY FOR THE MAJORITY

They are indeed industrial German, but not techno industrial.

Basically...KMFDM SUCKS :D

eFOqt2sNyfs

Motorhead350
09-22-2009, 08:03 PM
"Quittin' by job and gonna grow my self a beard, sit in the lazy boy and drink some beer."

I love that song, kinda sounds like the Riveras version of Californa Sun.

SCOTS has one of my favorite instrumental songs of all time... The Wet Spot.

Thread hijacked for bands with balls....

Sorry had to say it.

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Thread hijacked for bands with balls....

It's done man...

http://www.buffettworld.com/forum/forumimages/HIJACK_onplane.gif

RacerX
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
You know what I say to hijackers??? "LET'S ROLL..." :D

Me in 1980's:

Smiths
Ramones
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
Suicidal Tendencies
Echo and the Bunnymen
Joy Division
New Order
The Cramps
Public Image Ltd.

And all classic rock!!!
Favorite Concerts were The Greatful Dead, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton and now U2! :coolman:

MMM2003
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Sooo... I decided to take the MM all the way down to Gillette stadium last night with my wife to see U2. Awesome concert, parking and gettin....:D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17 214&stc=1&d=1253728265

The wife and me went to see them opening night in Chicago! Awesome concert, perfect weather, and a great time!