PDA

View Full Version : 3M Invisible bra

CWright
09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone has put this on their car. If so how much did you pay and do you like? My car is black and wondering if this might be the best option to protect the front in. I am looking about $300-$400 to get on mine from a local shop. Input is appreciated. Thanks

ImpalaSlayer
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
ive seen something simular on planes b4 and they are hardly noticeable from a few feet.

fastblackmerc
09-22-2009, 06:52 PM
First mod I did. Cost close to 500 clams. They did the front bumper cover, leading edge of the hood, the grill (not the vertical bars) and the backs of the outside mirrors.

Later I had them do the headlights, foglights (much thinker material) and a strip covering the top of the rear bumper at the trunk opening.

Only one drawback. There will be a white line where the material meets the paint and a black or dark surface and a black line on a light colored surface (had my daughters RX-8 done).

If you ever have a accident and the material has to be replaced most insurance companies will pay for the replacement material and labor.

guspech750
09-22-2009, 08:47 PM
saw one on a red corvette last week. didnt even notice it untill i got right up to it. looked really good. as for cost......:dunno:

rickey1987
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
my brother put that on his black truck, and he installed it himself and it came out great.I never even realized her had it on there until he told me.

boatmangc
09-23-2009, 02:42 AM
I put the ebay brand on my silver 06 Sprinter van. It was great for 18 months then got spots that were brown. Turned out to be rust under the bra, I pulled it off and the paint was trashed! it also ate into my headlights.I talked to the Mfg. and they say I did not put it on right. So too bad...
I followed their instructions and I lost.
Maybe the 3m is better stuff?

Signal_20
09-23-2009, 03:07 AM
I have one on mine and love it.

Mike Poore
09-23-2009, 05:58 AM
There's an outfit in Carlisle, PA who demonstrates the product at the All Ford Nationals. Very professional application that was impressive; although the price ....:dunno:

ctrlraven
09-23-2009, 06:16 AM
It's worth the investment.

N40GL
09-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I've had it on the Marauder since new. I like it so much I put it on my VW daily driver also.

I bought the MM one from www.xpel.com. It yellowed after 2 years, and they replaced it no question - and gave me a 3 year warranty on the new one. No questions asked (and no more money!).

The one on the VW came from a local detail shop.

CWright
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks to everyone. I appreciate the input. I will be getting done once I get my car back.

Signal_20
09-24-2009, 05:02 AM
If you have ever lived in Florida and heard of a monster called a "Love Bug" you would know why you need one of these invisible bras. It is so nice because the bugs clean off so much easier and you don't have to worry about the Love Bug destroying your paint overnight.