PDA

View Full Version : My brother's in the hospital.

RacerX
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Went to see him after work, I got the call just as I was clocking out. This is the second 98 cobra he's ruined! He's beaten up, but, nothing broken or missing thank God! He just got SLP loudmouths on his cobra last week, I'm sure he was winding it out, downshifted and hit the throttle, it came loose on the inside corner on a hwy overpass turn and he overcompensated. He woke up in the back seat (no seat belt!) his cobra wasn't a convertible... Until the jaws of life... He's lucky, again...

ImpalaSlayer
10-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Went to see him after work, I got the call just as I was clocking out. This is the second 98 cobra he's ruined! He's beaten up, but, nothing broken or missing thank God! He just got SLP loudmouths on his cobra last week, I'm sure he was winding it out, downshifted and hit the throttle, it came loose on the inside corner on a hwy overpass turn and he overcompensated. He woke up in the back seat (no seat belt!) his cobra wasn't a convertible... Until the jaws of life... He's lucky, again...

jesus. he is lucky

TAKEDOWN
10-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Hopefully he's recovering well!

dohc324ci
10-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes. Thank God he survived.

-Matt-
10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
thank god, time to buy him a honda

RacerX
10-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I talked to someone that actually saw his car at the seen, they can't beleive he's alive much less just banged up! He's going to be really sore, but, ok. Yeah, Honda time! He banged up his corvette years ago, somehow didn't crack up the Grand National he had. The way he drives.... Yeah, Honda time, maybe Yugo!

dohc324ci
10-02-2009, 09:48 PM
thank god, time to buy him a honda
LOL.....but your aint joking I would buy him a GEO Metro 3 cylinder....scratch that thats a death trap maybe a pickup truck.

Blk Mamba
10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
maybe a bicycle.

LIGHTNIN1
10-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I wish him a quick recovery . No matter what he drives wearing seat belts may very well save him.I did not believe in them for a long time. I kept reading,and still do every week, about people who were thrown out of the car in a wreck and died. If they had seat belts on a lot of these people would have survived.

ROCOB
10-03-2009, 03:58 AM
RacerX, Glad that your brother is OK. It sounds like he is in possession of the "golden horseshoe". Now, onto a more serious note. If he is a Ford guy with a GM past, don't get him a Honda. I think a Fiesta with two plug wires pulled would do the trick.

RoyLPita
10-03-2009, 05:18 AM
May your brother recover quickly after all this.

BTW, How about a Town Car?

Cobra25
10-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Hope he recovers quickly.

martyo
10-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Whatever you get him, please ask him not to drive anywhere near me, my family, or my friends.

ntd
10-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Sorry to hear about your brother but God watches over fools and drunks I wish him a fast recovery. I'm sure all of us have played around on the streets but your brother is starting a very bad trend. Your brother needs to get some driving lessons and take it to the track. He has proven that he doesn't know how to drive. My family and I would rather he makes his mistakes on the track its safer for him and all of us.

RacerX
10-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the wellwishong and yes, I agree, he has always driven like a fool. He's 38 and drives like a teenager with a hardon to race anything at a light that glances his way. My wife talked to a witness that was right behind him when it happened. I guess there was a speed trap ahead and a big truck in front of him slammed on the brakes when the driver saw two motorcycle officers. He tried to avoid the back end of the truck and that was it. She said the officers were on their way before the car stopped spinning. He was going to fast and not wearing a belt. He's ok today, but, can't remember anything about it.

guspech750
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I am sorry that your brother was hurt, but it seams he has a very bad track record and his sympathy card is wearing thin. I have to say though better him than killing somebody or a family. He needs to grow up some.

martyo
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I am sorry that your brother was hurt, but it seams he has a very bad track record and his sympathy card is wearing thin. I have to say though better him than killing somebody or a family. He needs to grow up some.

This touches on some of my feelings -- I can not post publicly the balance of them.

n00bkiller944
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Wow, sounds like quite an impressive accident... Glad he's okay. Do you have any pics of the cobra?

RacerX
10-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Wow, sounds like quite an impressive accident... Glad he's okay. Do you have any pics of the cobra?

Sad as it is, I went to try and see the car Saturday, Guy at the garage/yard was a real prick even though I was being nice. He said I couldn't see it and that I was going to steal stuff out of it. I was kinda shocked, I gave out a big "Huh?". I shoulda said I'm here to take inventory so YOU don't steal anything! :flamer:I just left, didn't even rip up his cheasey ass dirt driveway. I know which tow company/garage I don't want touching my car ever though. :D Word of mouth is a businesses best friend or worst enemy! I told my bro to get pics though!

1stMerc
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah, Honda time, maybe Yugo!

Good luck with getting him into either.

Glad he's okay, after all that.

RacerX
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I hate car funerals!!!

RacerX
10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Allright! Jackass should be back on the road soon with his new BMW 650i! Greeaaaatttt... :eek: OOps, my bad, he just changed his mind. 540i w/sport packy. Watch out kids! Take out insurance on all your loved ones!!!

CBT
10-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I hate car funerals!!!

Good Lawd....

Joe Walsh
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Allright! Jackass should be back on the road soon with his new BMW 650i! Greeaaaatttt... :eek: OOps, my bad, he just changed his mind. 540i w/sport packy. Watch out kids! Take out insurance on all your loved ones!!!

Glad to hear that no Mustangs will get torn up again....just another BMW removed from the roadways.
Warn him that if he were a cat........he would be very low on lives!

RacerX
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey! That's a very optimistic view! I like that! :D I'll be sure and post pics of the wrecked beemer!

RoyLPita
10-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Any luck on selling the Mustang?

RacerX
10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Insurance company owns the carnage and he's moved on to the next toy... He made money on it... Bastid!