PDA

View Full Version : Crown Vic LED Tails Nice

Crown Vicman
10-11-2009, 08:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-08-FORD-CROWN-VICTORIA-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-00-03-05-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem 1e589e03bbQQitemZ130335769531Q QptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPar tsQ5fAccessories

Someone get a set and post them in a vid.

DOOM
10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
They even have chrome trim!

wx4caster
10-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I like these!!!!
Would be nice to see a pic of a MM with them though.

ImpalaSlayer
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Ricer!!!!!

Black_Noise
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
interesting.... waiting to see them

Crown Vicman
10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
These would go great with the s-55 taillight treatment. DO IT DO IT COME DO IT

NATEHAWK
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
To ricey lookin for me...

ntd
10-11-2009, 01:12 PM
maybe if they were blacked out, Doom and his chrome, you should just chrome the hole car:rolleyes: you would then be the king of bling

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showfull.php?photo=16850

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/chrome5.jpg%5B/img%5D

breeze
10-11-2009, 01:15 PM
dont wana mess the look up

Vortex
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
You will also need the matching super high intensity cheapo blue headlight bulbs from Manny, Moe and Jack.

252life
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting the link! Just bought some, I'll post pics and a video of them when I get them.

Looks like they only have 2 red led strips in them, no amber in the clear lower turn-signal, and I will be very surprised if they will fit perfect without modifications... but hopefully a nice upgrade from the CV lights that I already have now.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I love the look.

Almost makes me want to get a set, paint the chrome trim on the bottom black, and tint the whole thing a bit.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for posting the link! Just bought some, I'll post pics and a video of them when I get them.

Looks like they only have 2 red led strips in them, no amber in the clear lower turn-signal, and I will be very surprised if they will fit perfect without modifications... but hopefully a nice upgrade from the CV lights that I already have now.

If I'm not mistaken, you are the one that has the amber turn signal CV ones right?

Where did you find out about converting our MM stock 2 bulb tail lamps, into the 3 or 4 bulb ones? I have always been interested in whats involved to get that to work.

252life
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you are the one that has the amber turn signal CV ones right?

Where did you find out about converting our MM stock 2 bulb tail lamps, into the 3 or 4 bulb ones? I have always been interested in whats involved to get that to work.

Yes I have CV lights with amber turnsignal now, I'm using 4 bulbs 2 for brake/taillight and 2 for turn-signal.

I'll make a new post when I install the led lights (I can go into more detail then how the get amber turn-signals to work) I will probably modify the LED lights to have amber led stips for the turn signal.

fastblackmerc
10-12-2009, 06:08 AM

Very easy conversion. You need 4 sockets, hole saw, dremel tool, connectors and bulbs. I added 2 extra sockets and LED bulbs to each side.

Blackened300a
10-12-2009, 06:42 AM
I like! I probably would have picked them up if they didnt have the turn signal lens.

FastMerc
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I like! I probably would have picked them up if they didnt have the turn signal lens.I agree on that,no yello lights.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Very easy conversion. You need 4 sockets, hole saw, dremel tool, connectors and bulbs. I added 2 extra sockets and LED bulbs to each side.

Ah, so you wanted the extra illumination down there, did you just splice in the 2 more bulbs off the existing ones? I kinda wanted the amber, but not sure still..

And so everyone knows, I messaged the ebay seller about trying to obtain a tinted set with black paint (no chrome bottom), and he said these were just released a week ago, and he doesn't have any with black trim available yet.

Hopefully they decide to go forth and make more options at least for crown vics.

offroadkarter
10-12-2009, 07:03 PM
eewww they have clear where the amber would be....

I'm sure they wouldnt last more than a year

fastblackmerc
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Ah, so you wanted the extra illumination down there, did you just splice in the 2 more bulbs off the existing ones? I kinda wanted the amber, but not sure still..

And so everyone knows, I messaged the ebay seller about trying to obtain a tinted set with black paint (no chrome bottom), and he said these were just released a week ago, and he doesn't have any with black trim available yet.

Hopefully they decide to go forth and make more options at least for crown vics.

Yes, just spliced in the extra sockets.

magindat
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
To run separate turn and brake.
You need dual filament bulbs for the reds.
Singles for the turns.
Get brake signal from the third eye
Send to one filament from reds
Get turn by running turn from the front bulb.
Run to single filament of ambers.
Get lights from existing lights wire in back
Run to 2nd filament of reds.

The Crown vic is wired completely differently than Marauder for tail lights.
Vic brake is constant
Us brake is interrupted by turn

252life
10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Singles for the turns.

Vic brake is constant

That's exactly like I did on my car, that's the correct way to do it.

(if you just splice in 2 more bulbs off the existing ones the amber will light up when you brake)

SILVERSURFER03
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Yippeeeeeeeee me want

O's Fan Rich
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Singles for the turns.

Vic brake is constant

Rich, you don't happen to have a nice instruction sheet with pictures, do you?
I really want to do this!

Hacklemerc
10-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Was thinkin the same thing.

fastblackmerc
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM

All you need is the following:

4-sockets (dual filament type for a 3157 bulb)

4-3157 bulbs

7/8 inch hole saw

Dremel tool

Soldering iron, solder & heat shrink tube

or

Quick connects

Remove the taillights, drill the 7/8 hole, use the Dremel tool for the final fit, wire up the sockets to the existing wires, install the sockets & bulbs, test and reinstall the taillights.

AConvertedChevy
10-26-2009, 08:12 AM
id get them if there was no yellow and even then id figure out some way to make them sequencial :lol:

massacre
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I guess I like the "two strips" effect, but one thing I never liked about the late model Panthers is the big gigantic taillights. I wish someone would build "eyebrows" over the tops of the big taiilghts, IMHO would look a thousand times better.
Before someone says for me to do it, My MGM has factory eyebrows...lol.
IOW, these light would look great at night, but not so great during the day