PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the road again...Dallas

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Well the wonderful company I work for has decided that Detroit, Chicago, and Columbus aren't far enough or long enough to keep me away from my family and personal responsibilities....and are sending me back to Dallas for a month. I get to miss Trick-or-Treat with my little rhino. At least I have grown fond of Texas, and am no longer on there 'Most wanted Yankees List' any longer. I hope anyway...Wolf may still be looking for me however!

I'll be at the Extended Stay in Irving/Dallas, in the parking lot when my per diem runs out...at least the weather is good. I believe I'll be working at the AT&T Main in downtown Dallas.

The night I return, I re-pack and it's off to Tampa.

I'll miss the board as well. No computer. Maybe there is an internet cafe close.

Rock on everyone....and Logan, this time I'll see you.

Any members close, and any thing happening on the weekends, maybe I can tag along. It gets real lonely out there at times.

-Barry

Dr Caleb
10-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Safe drive Barry. I know what lonely road trips are like. My last one was to Whitehorse, Yukon. 40 hours of trees and rocks. A month of snow, cold and snow.

I've got no family to miss me though. :alone:

Racerx88
10-24-2003, 11:30 AM
So, when you gonna be down here? I'm sure there'll be something goin on.

TripleTransAm
10-24-2003, 11:33 AM
AT&T: If it's the one in the SouthEast end of Dallas (near the college areas)... real nice neighborhood... not!

Whereabouts/who-abouts will you be working in Tampa?

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Racerx88:

I am leaving this Monday the the 27th of Oct. thru 19Nov03.

As far as Tampa....not sure....but I am fishing and swimming with the manatees!!! I won't be alone on this one, we're all going for pleasure mostly.

SergntMac
10-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Safe journey, my friend.

TAF
10-24-2003, 02:33 PM
You Texas boys take care of him down there this time!!!!

Safe travels Barry!

Bigdogjim
10-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Barry flying or driving to Texas.

My Marauder could be in Tampa by then?? (I hope:))

gja
10-24-2003, 03:25 PM
It's a hard living when you are on the road.
Stay safe buddy.

Logan
10-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Ewwww.... Downtown Dallas. I make it a point to stay north of 183 personally, unless I'm headed to the track... :D

You've got my number no? Give me a shout when you're down, we'll do beers. :)

RF Overlord
10-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Sentenced to ANOTHER month in Texas?! Did you blow up another mainframe again?

:lol:

...your little rhino...heh...

WolfeBros
10-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
...Wolf may still be looking for me however!

Nope. I'm cool.
However for the record... on the post you made about crappy Texan hospitality you failed to mention that I did pick you up at your hotel on your last trip so you could listen to my exhaust and also took you out and bought your lunch. You weren't treated badly by this guy. I just took exception to the comments you made about where I lived. No harm no foul. You and I have no problems Bro. Have a safe trip. :D

jgc61sr2002
10-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Barry - Have a safe trip. I'm sure the Texas crew will hook you up. Hey look on the bright side take it as a paid vacation.:D

cruzer
10-24-2003, 08:24 PM
CRUZ, if you are looking for something to do , call me--I'm a busy retiree, but would enjoy visiting --ck your PM for phone #, Maury

martyo
10-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
I get to miss Trick-or-Treat with my little rhino.

Hey, while I'll miss you while you're gone, I will volunteer to entertain the little rhino in your absence if you want.

I must note that when we were in Hershey the little rhino told me he was a 'Potomus! :D

Petrograde
10-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey Barry,.. sorry I haven't replied sooner. I hope to see ya while yer here! I might have to go to Mexico to visit relatives on the 30th to the 1st..... sigh.... but, I should be around after that!

Tom

Ross
10-27-2003, 02:17 PM
If you get together with Cruzer, you'll both end up in trouble!