PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Common Sense

MERCMAN
10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
An Obituary printed in the London Times -

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place: Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sunscreen or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; by his wife, Discretion; by his daughter, Responsibility and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers:
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I am a Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone

pantheroc
10-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Amen and Alleluia Brother Dan!

Pops
10-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Sad but true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Walsh
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM
"Ain't that the truth!"

They forgot to mention Common Sense started to spiral downward when;

People built McMansions at the end of large airport runways, then sued the airports because of noise problems.

Obese people sued fast food restaurants because they serve fattening foods that made them even fatter.

The cost of ladders doubled due to the manufacturer's huge liability insurance despite gigantic RED warning stickers
placed on every squre inch of the ladder.

People sued auto manufacturers after they ran through garage doors and over loved ones, all while jamming the accelerator to the floor, then claimed that they had jammed on the brake pedal.

'Someone' nominates our President for the Nobel Peace Prize 11 days after he takes office, and he wins!

SILVERSURFER03
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow so sorry to hear that

Ms. Denmark
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
My concern for Common Sense and his health started many years back......both of my parents were public school teachers. His decline was a big topic of conversation at the dinner table.;) RIP

Hacklemerc
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
ITs a shame that he went the way he did. R.I.P. my good man.:bigcry:

DrZ
10-05-2016, 11:10 PM
This old post rings true more then ever! :alone:

lji372
10-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Further examples; oil and tire threads as well as Hillary supporters......

fastblackmerc
10-06-2016, 04:45 AM
Further examples; oil and tire threads as well as Trump supporters......

Fixed it for you...............

Bluerauder
10-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Fixed it for you...............

So you support corruption, fraud, deceit, and the mishandling of Classified information ?? How interesting !!

MOTOWN
10-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Further examples; oil and tire threads as well as Hillary supporters......

If you vote for Trump i have a straight jacket for you!:shake:

lji372
10-06-2016, 05:18 AM
So you support corruption, fraud, deceit, and the mishandling of Classified information ?? How interesting !!

It's the new prerequisite. :D

1Marauder
10-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Commen sense finally died a few months ago, the day both Hillary AND Trump became the only choices to run the greatest country in the world.

MOTOWN
10-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Commen sense finally died a few months ago, the day both Hillary AND Trump became the only choices to run the greatest country in the world.

I couldn't agree with you more!:bows: i think both are unfit to serve.

Blk Mamba
10-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Common sense has not passed, he is alive and well, living in many of our homes, afraid to voice his opinion in public due to, ignorance, racism, and disrespect for authority.

1Marauder
10-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Nice save!

Honors to you! Your honor.

sailsmen
10-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Rare sense.

The "choice" is boiled or fried.

We are cooked no matter what.

jerrym3
10-08-2016, 07:14 AM
We are becoming dangerously close to the political cliff edge with this thread and the thread regarding clowns.

Can we step back a bit?

MOTOWN
10-08-2016, 07:19 AM
We are becoming dangerously close to the political cliff edge with this thread and the thread regarding clowns.

Can we step back a bit?

I couldn't disagree with you more! These issues need to be discussed, how can we ever expect change if we aren't even willing to talk about issues needing our attention :confused:

jerrym3
10-08-2016, 09:00 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more! These issues need to be discussed, how can we ever expect change if we aren't even willing to talk about issues needing our attention :confused:

Two buddies of mine from our 1950's grammar school discuss politics. But, we walk away still as friends.

When we use social media and an enter key, all common sense and civility goes out the window. Escalation becomes the name of the game.

Besides, is anyone going to change anyone's mind at this point? The instant we enter our position, the ground rules and turf are established. Our personal "Game of Thrones" begins.

I don't think a forum about cars is the right format to discuss politics, but that's my personal opinion. (When I show my Galaxie at a car show and someone looking at my car turns to politics, I go into "sleep" mode.)

Besides, at this point, what can any of us say that hasn't been said over and over and over and ...........................

This was not meant to offend anyone.

MOTOWN
10-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Two buddies of mine from our 1950's grammar school discuss politics. But, we walk away still as friends.

When we use social media and an enter key, all common sense and civility goes out the window. Escalation becomes the name of the game.

Besides, is anyone going to change anyone's mind at this point? The instant we enter our position, the ground rules and turf are established. Our personal "Game of Thrones" begins.

I don't think a forum about cars is the right format to discuss politics, but that's my personal opinion. (When I show my Galaxie at a car show and someone looking at my car turns to politics, I go into "sleep" mode.)

Besides, at this point, what can any of us say that hasn't been said over and over and over and ...........................

This was not meant to offend anyone.

Yes because talking about what oil to use , and what spark plug is so much more stimulating to the mind!:coolman:

Joe Walsh
10-08-2016, 09:36 AM

I couldn't agree with you more!:bows:
I think both are unfit to serve.

Rare sense.

The "choice" is boiled or fried.

We are cooked no matter what.

Yep....what a joke!
Trump and Hillary are this country's ONLY choices for President of the United States......:shake:
Let's eliminate the 2 party system, it doesn't work anymore.
For the 1st time in 35+ years, I won't vote this November.

I will say this:

Just because we had 2 bumbling Bushs....doesn't mean that we should have 2 lying Clintons.

daddyusmaximus
10-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Criminals would use violence on their fellow man, only to have the media, and political leaders place blame for the despicable acts on the gun used to commit the crimes. A machine, made of aluminium, steel, and plastic, having no mind of it's own, is the evil culprit. The tool is responsible for the actions of it's user.

Police, who serve and protect us from criminals, are being targeted and murdered, by criminals, because the death of other criminals. Cities are under siege being burned and looted by criminals because other criminals get killed while performing violent crimes, or acting threatening towards police. The media, and political leaders, elected by mass ignorance, fan the flames of these protests citing a false narrative of rampant overt racism. So many well meaning people fall victim to these lies, buying into the hatred as if it were real.

There is a virtual war on Christianity, while islam is promoted, despite terrorizing the entire world.

Our children go to college to learn, yet are indoctrinated in liberal hatred. They learn intolerance towards every viewpoint, except their own. Those who haven't been taught to deal with the world, those who have been overprotected from life, are even invited into "safe spaces", that do not exist in the real world. They learn not to tolerate other viewpoints, while preaching tolerance towards their own viewpoints.

A newly elected president of the greatest nation on earth goes on a world tour, to bow down to other leaders, and apologize for the greatness of his own nation.

People argued that it is morally unacceptable to sentence death on a convicted criminal who has committed violent atrocities, yet it is OK to kill the innocent, unborn child, simply because the mother makes the choice to kill, after having made the choice to have sex.

daddyusmaximus
10-08-2016, 12:48 PM
And I don't see anything wrong with discussing the upcoming election. The key thing is to be civil about it. Here, the death of Common Sense has an effect on things. People get twisted all out of shape. I'm voting for Trump. I don't hate anybody for voting for hillary. I thing you are hurting the nation by doing so, but hey, maybe that's what you want. People need to learn to take a hit. If I say you're wrong, that's what I believe. You can say the same about me, doesn't mean we have to get in a big fight. That's what the left wants us to do, fight each other, while they assume more control over us both.