PDA

View Full Version : Tpms ? Tech. Question

Thunderace
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
tpms (tire pressure monitoring system) installed on fomoco car's and truck's. Question is; can you take rim's and tire's from one tpms vehicle and mount on another tpms vehicle will the system still work correct?

fastblackmerc
10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
tpms (tire pressure monitoring system) installed on fomoco car's and truck's. Question is; can you take rim's and tire's from one tpms vehicle and mount on another tpms vehicle will the system still work correct?

I assume they would. I don't think Ford would use different systems on different vehicles.

FordNut
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I think they would have to be programmed.

ImpalaSlayer
10-14-2009, 12:16 PM
go to auto zone or where ever, buy a tire pressure gauge and boom, done. i never understood the point of that crap. it takes all of 3 mins to check 4 tires every once in a while.

Got_1
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM

the tire light will be on unless you retrain each tire

SpartaPerformance
10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
What style TPMS sensors? I don't think valve stem and band style can be changed but I could be wrong. As for band to band yes they can be I've done it on my car all you need to do is retrain the sensors which takes about 10 minutes each car, I'm sure valve stem style can be interchanged also.

Thunderace
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Band style, 06' Explorer. How do you retrain the sensor's ?

SpartaPerformance
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Band style, 06' Explorer. How do you retrain the sensor's ?

Most tire shops will have a TPMS retraining tool. Swap the wheels over and procedure is pretty basic they can look it up on AllData or Mitchell.

Got_1
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
just swap the wheels and bring it to your dealer to retrain the sensors. there is a special tool needed to perform the training. they shouldn't charge anything for this either