PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Goes NASCAR

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Now they're getting the right idea...

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/leisure/auto/2009/10/14/ford-mustang-goes-nascar?slide=1

Mr. Man
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Been hearing these rumors for a few years. Nice to see them coming to fruition. Mustangs, Challengers along with the Camaro and Solstice would be awesome. I might even watch the jr series more often

ImpalaSlayer
10-15-2009, 02:40 PM
its not a mustang, its stickers that look like a mustang. NASCAR IS LAME!!!!!

RR|Suki
10-15-2009, 02:44 PM
truth, maybe if they went back to racing cars that has something in common with the real cars I might care... as it is though I couldn't care less

Krytin
10-15-2009, 03:43 PM
truth, maybe if they went back to racing cars that has something in common with the real cars I might care... as it is though I couldn't care less
+1 - NASCAR is like the World Federation Wrestling!

Joe Walsh
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Now they're getting the right idea...

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/leisure/auto/2009/10/14/ford-mustang-goes-nascar?slide=1

Unfortunately for me, and any interest that I had in NASCAR,...Too little, Too late.

Yep, a fancy sticker package on that IROC (COT) chassis.

Yep,
They are so disconnected from any real production STOCK car, even in the body shells, that I could care less.
Remember when they actually had Thinderbird, Monte Carlo (fastbacks!) and Buick Regal bodied race cars out on the track?

Imagine if they ran real Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, and Camry :puke: body panels??

One might be better on short tracks, One might be better at the big tracks...etc.
I might even watch a few races!

hwy73
10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
+1 - NASCAR is like the World Federation Wrestling!

Wrastlin' is less fake than Nascar

Breadfan
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM

I agree! Even the stickers don't make it look like a stang, slap "Mustang" on the car for tomorrow and woopiedoo. Maybe Ferarri will get into NASCAR, just slap a prancing horse instead of a running horse on that car and paint it red...

a_d_a_m
10-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Definitely looks like a Car Of Tomorrow in Mustang makeup.

ledzilla
10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Who let Toyota in on it? For any kind of racing outside of rally racing I can't take them seriously. And seriously, Camry? At least a Fusion can look sporty and not like a booger on wheels.

Motorhead350
10-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Nascar is anything, but Stock Car. The 40's were my favorite times for it. Real cars. Cars you would race one hour and drive out for the night the next. I think Nascar went down the tubes for good in what?? 1973???

RR|Suki
10-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Nascar is anything, but Stock Car. The 40's were my favorite times for it. Real cars. Cars you would race one hour and drive out for the night the next. I think Nascar went down the tubes for good in what?? 1973???

say what now? NASCAR was set up in what 48? 49?, there wasn't really a 40's of NASCAR, what did they have 2 races in 48 and 49? :confused:

BobC
10-16-2009, 03:15 AM
From inception into the early 70's was the era when you didn't need a scorecard to tell which make was racin'. No garish full-body decals here, and no pretty boy drivers either.

"Race on Sunday, sell on Monday".

Vortex
10-16-2009, 07:25 AM
I think this is the plan for the Nationwide circuit, to use brands of sportier cars. I have to give two thumbs up to Chevrolet; NASCAR wanted the new Camaro to be a decal package like the Mustang and Chevy said no thanks, they are going to race in IMSA and other series where the car is a real car. NASCAR hasnt been the same since they let Ford run a two door rear wheel drive "Taurus".

Motorhead350
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
say what now? NASCAR was set up in what 48? 49?, there wasn't really a 40's of NASCAR, what did they have 2 races in 48 and 49? :confused:

To my knowledge Nascar finally had a name in 1948, but I am not sure how many races they had. The events/races had been doing on since the mid 40s I believe. I haven't looked up this info in over ten years.... man I feel old.

offroadkarter
10-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I agree! Even the stickers don't make it look like a stang, slap "Mustang" on the car for tomorrow and woopiedoo. Maybe Ferarri will get into NASCAR, just slap a prancing horse instead of a running horse on that car and paint it red...

Wait... Your telling me even if i put a sticker of a car on another car, it doesn't become that car?

Well nowonder nobody likes my civic

http://www.explorerforum.com/data/503/6733car.jpg