PDA

View Full Version : Article on future RWD cars

Tempest
10-24-2003, 08:01 PM
This is an article from Hot Rodding magazine about future RWD cars from the Big Three. They mention the Marauder and other Ford projects. I was particularly interested that Ford has absorbed SVT and SVO into itself. GM and Chrysler are showing future cars with big V8's and RWD as well.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0308phr_musclecar/

MapleLeafMerc
10-25-2003, 04:43 PM
If Ford absorbing SVT means more attention for cars like the Marauder that would be great.

Quote:
"Taking command of the road with a tall visual mass, plenty of power and rear-wheel drive, the 427 possesses all the subtlety of a 16-pound sledgehammer."

Hmmmmmm...sounds tasty.

TripleTransAm
10-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc

"Taking command of the road with a tall visual mass , plenty of power and rear-wheel drive, the 427 possesses all the subtlety of a 16-pound sledgehammer."

That part in red above makes me nervous. I like low and wide, like the current generation.

RCSignals
10-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Hopefully "tall visual mass" is just in the view of the writer.

I think it was announced some time ago that SVT would become part of the FPG

RF Overlord
10-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
I like low and wide, like the current generation.

Who are you calling "low and wide"?!

I prefer "horizontally enhanced"...

TripleTransAm
10-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Who are you calling "low and wide"?!

I prefer "horizontally enhanced"...

Heh... horizontally enhanced, vertically challenged, calorifically endowed, just all ways to describe me anyway. Likewise my cars...

Heck, if it's got the power and sound to match the image, I say go for it. But just like the 3rd generation of Trans Ams ('82-'92), it did take me 5 years to warm up to the styling. The eventual inclusion of some good powertrains helped, I can tell you that... (but in all honesty, I still can't quite get into the '91-'92 pointy beak Firebird styling, no matter if they were the fastest 3rd gens ever sold).

I doubt I'll get the whole fluttering heart thing going with the new generation of Ford big cars like I do with the current Marauder, but who knows...

dwasson
10-27-2003, 07:13 AM
Hopefully "tall visual mass" is just in the view of the writer.

I dunno. In the pictures I saw "Tall" might have been an understatement. It wasn't as ugly as the 300C Chrysler but it followed the current trend toward tall. The new Caddys look like snowplows. It looks like that will be the look for the next few years.

RF Overlord
10-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by dwasson
The new Caddys look like snowplows.

OMG, you're RIGHT!!! ROFL!!

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

GOOD one, d... :D

Thomas C Potter
10-27-2003, 08:59 AM
I agree with Steve TA, the 427 is boned ugly!! Makes me appreciate the MM more. Now the Bonneville GXP, that is a diff story.

TP