PDA

View Full Version : Open season/invitation

Leadfoot281
10-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I've declared war on coyotes.

This is an open invitation to anyone who wants to stop by and ventilate some 'yotes this fall. I've got too many of them. They eat dog food off my porch, kill and maim my cats, and just recently ate half a 12 point buck before the bow hunter got to it.

1. Requirements.

A. Must be able to correctly identify a coyote.
B. Working trigger finger.
C. Blood lust.

2. Weapons. Run watcha brung. Rifles prefered but bazookas, mortars, claymores, flame throwers and RPG's are welcomed (and encouraged).

3. Location. 980 acres of prime coyote habitat a few miles off I-90 in S.E Minnesota. PM me if you're serious about wasting some 'yotes.

4. Benefits. Free coffee! Free parking! If you like camping, free lodging too! (camper not included). I might be able to find a spot for you next Deer season too.

ImpalaSlayer
10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
if i was closer id definitly stop by! i have a new saiga 12 on the way!

Vortex
10-16-2009, 08:36 PM
"Bow hunter"??? Isnt that just another name for "deer wounder"?

RR|Suki
10-16-2009, 08:39 PM
man I wish I was closer man

Leadfoot281
10-16-2009, 09:05 PM
"Bow hunter"??? Isnt that just another name for "deer wounder"?

No, you're thinking of shot guns. (There is no rifle deer season in Minnesota BTW).

Bow hunters, in my experiance, have to get a good shot the first time. They don't get any follow up shots like a shot gunner does.

With that being said, I have the finest group of marksmen hunting here a land owner could ever hope to have. Two of 'em drive here from South Carolina (wink, wink, Dave and RR!).

My newest bow hunter is also a State Conservation Officer with the DNR. Somehow I don't think he's here to "wound" deer. ;)

teamrope
10-16-2009, 09:10 PM
If I was closer I would...... I think the -06 would do a fair job of ventilation...... If not the Win Mag for sure. :)

Mike Poore
10-17-2009, 06:38 AM
That's a mighty tempting offer, John. It's not in the cards for me, just now; but if it's an open invitation, perhaps, next year. I've got a .270 bored 1:12, that shoots 90gr Sierrra HP's in sub 1" moa groups, with a 6 1/2 - 20 Leupold on top, that's just the ticket for them critters. :)

SILVERSURFER03
10-17-2009, 07:03 AM
just a little to far for me but i do have a .50 cal snipper and a 303

duhtroll
10-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Write down the date and time. We actually agree.

I am better shot with a bow than most "hunters" are with rifles inside of 60 yards.

Of course most people around here think a gun and a beer and an orange vest is all it takes.

Oh, and a truck for the mangled carcasses.

No, you're thinking of shot guns. (There is no rifle deer season in Minnesota BTW).

Bow hunters, in my experiance, have to get a good shot the first time. They don't get any follow up shots like a shot gunner does.

With that being said, I have the finest group of marksmen hunting here a land owner could ever hope to have. Two of 'em drive here from South Carolina (wink, wink, Dave and RR!).

My newest bow hunter is also a State Conservation Officer with the DNR. Somehow I don't think he's here to "wound" deer. ;)

Leadfoot281
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Write down the date and time. We actually agree.

I am better shot with a bow than most "hunters" are with rifles inside of 60 yards.

Of course most people around here think a gun and a beer and an orange vest is all it takes.

Oh, and a truck for the mangled carcasses.

Lol! I knew something was wrong when I came home to find my dog sleeping with my cat. May I interest you in an Impeach Obama bumper sticker or am I pressing my luck? Lol!

Seriously though, I do take sportsmanship and marksmanship very seriously here. Everyone here knows it too.

Every year the same fool offers me $20,000/year for the hunting rights and every year I turn him down. If anyone gets thrown out for poor sportsmanship, they'll end up paying to hunt some place else.

The only reason this bow hunter lost his deer was because it crossed two creeks after he hit it (it went maybe 60 yards). Instead of getting me, or new batteries for his flash light, he came back at sunrise. This would have been fine but he wasn't aware of the coyote problem.