PDA

View Full Version : guns anyway?

ImpalaSlayer
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
well since i was out blasting some targets with my old 22 today, i figured i would ask my fellow .neters if anyone have anything interesting? between me and my pops he have a small collection

springfield .45 acp
ruger 38 special
ruger mk 1
winchester model 190
glock 17L
ithica 12ga
mossberg 500 20ga
remmington 870 12ga
WASR 10
saiga 12
steves model 66c

i think thats all i have.

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I got some glocks

glock .45 acp w/ sf frame and TLR-2

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns001.jpg

I also have a aerotek'd glock .40 that i comp shoot with (modded out, shorter pull, titanium cocking rod with wolf spring, comp'd barrel, etc)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns002.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns003.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns004.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns005.jpg

I also have a glock sub compact 9mm that i CCW with. I dont normally take pics of it.

And my pocket gun, Colt Pocket lite .380

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns007.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/guns006.jpg

W4LTD
10-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Springfield XD-40 3" (.40cal)

Taurus PT 24/7 PRO (.40cal)

Kel-Tec P3-AT (.380cal)

FordNut
10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
My list is too long.
Looking to add a few:
Ruger mini-14
Armalite AR-10
Baretta (sp?) tomcat or cougar (for wife, tip-up bbl 'cause she can't rack the slide)

Dreaming for a Barrett M-82

ImpalaSlayer
10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
My list is too long.
Looking to add a few:
Ruger mini-14
Armalite AR-10
Baretta (sp?) tomcat or cougar (for wife, tip-up bbl 'cause she can't rack the slide)

Dreaming for a Barrett M-82

id like a mini 14 also. the damn wasr 10's 7.62 it to friggin much lol

bob6364
10-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I have had 3 Mini 14s thru the years....i would say it is the 2nd best most fun gun to shoot with...right after any 22,my fav was a Mini14 SS with a SS tasco 3-9x, bipod, folding stock,flash suppressor and a can of mil ammo bought cheap from my local store....to give you an idea how long ago that was you could still by .223 hardball for under 3 bucks a box of 20 :D

twin03
10-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Glock 22
Glock 23

Hacklemerc
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I've got...

Olympic AR15 Patrol Rifle
Colt M-4 Patrol Rifle
Remington 870 12 ga
Mossberg 500 12 ga
Glock 22
Smith and Wesson sigma series 40 cal (nice boat anchor)

The Dept is going to be issuing me a M1. Why we have M1's, I don't know but I'm getting one since I'm on the SWAT team.

offroadking208
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
i had a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40. it was a nice little gun for the price, a Remington 870, an old bolt-action Winchester .22, and a Fausti 12 gauge over/under for skeet before they were all tragically lost in a boating accident :)

W4LTD
10-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Finally .... A Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont's own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere..

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register "non-gun-owners" and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the "militia" phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a "monopoly of force" by the government as well as criminals.

Vermont's constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent." Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."

Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and driver's license number with the state. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so," Maslack says

Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the least restrictive laws of any state .. it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns. Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way.

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." - Charles A. Beard

babbage
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
^^^ Holy crap. You guys tell me when the Milita is ready to take over DC - I'm in.

My favorite I own is this -- a 627 Vcomp from S&W performance center - 8 shooter

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/dutchmaster151/627vcomp.jpg

bob6364
10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
^^^ Holy crap. You guys tell me when the Milita is ready to take over DC - I'm in.

My favorite I own is this -- a 627 Vcomp from S&W performance center - 8 shooter

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/dutchmaster151/627vcomp.jpg

Something has taken over DC and it sure ain't the militia :(

Da Dark Jedi
10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Colt 45 pocket
Glock 45
Desert Eagle 44 Magnum
Winchester 12 gauge

Have to get out of this city!

FreddieH
10-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Springfield XD 9 Subcompact 9mm
Russian SKS with Fiberforce Stock
Glock 17
S&W .38 Special
S&W 6906 9mm

W4LTD
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
My next toy will be the F&N 5-7

5.7x28mm, 20 rounds

http://www.fnherstal.com/typo3temp/pics/bcf211fbd1.png
http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=263

LANDY
10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
i haveeeee aaaaaa tommy gun, an ak-47, an old double barrel shotgun (my favorite) and a realllly old 38 special been passed down thru the family.

Lizz

cougit25
10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Ruger SP101 357

sp101.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17 492&stc=1&d=1256086161)

FordNut
10-20-2009, 06:18 PM
i haveeeee aaaaaa tommy gun

Kahr/Interarms? Class III?

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 06:21 PM

You can own a thompson without a class 3.... it just has to be semi :)

FordNut
10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
i haveeeee aaaaaa tommy gun, an ak-47, an old double barrel shotgun (my favorite) and a realllly old 38 special been passed down thru the family.

Lizz

You can own a thompson without a class 3.... it just has to be semi :)

I know. I have one. My comment was referring to the "haveeeee aaaaaa tommy gun", kinda looks like he/she's saying it's a full auto. Which does require a Class III license. Or maybe it's just key bounce and he/she needs a new keyboard.

edit, just saw blackbeauty's sig, maybe he's not a he...

ImpalaSlayer
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I know. I have one. My comment was referring to the "haveeeee aaaaaa tommy gun", kinda looks like he/she's saying it's a full auto. Which does require a Class III license. Or maybe it's just key bounce and he/she needs a new keyboard.

edit, just saw blackbeauty's sig, maybe he's not a he...

its his girlfriend. how does one obtain a class3?

FordNut
10-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Not sure, never needed one. Legal full auto's are outrageously expensive and conversions are illegal anyway so if someone was going to do a conversion and commit a felony, why bother with the Class 3 license.

ImpalaSlayer
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Not sure, never needed one. Legal full auto's are outrageously expensive and conversions are illegal anyway so if someone was going to do a conversion and commit a felony, why bother with the Class 3 license.

i was just curious. im sure its a pita to get one.

LANDY
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
well i have had both semi's for a while since i lived in MIAMI. Lizz has the 38 special and the shotgun.
i love my redneck girl!

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
its his girlfriend. how does one obtain a class3?

Yeah she needs her own name. Its confuzzing me. I think you have to either be federal employed (fbi, cia, etc) or some one with alot of $$$ for the certs.

FordNut
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Did a little research on the Class3 stuff. That's just for dealers. For individuals who want to own a full auto, (or silencer, or certain short-barrelled rifles & shotguns) you buy a tax stamp. One time fee, I think it's $200. PER ITEM.

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 07:25 PM
That would be worth it for one full auto ak.

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
eNAohtjG14c

Vortex
10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Did a little research on the Class3 stuff. That's just for dealers. For individuals who want to own a full auto, (or silencer, or certain short-barrelled rifles & shotguns) you buy a tax stamp. One time fee, I think it's $200. PER ITEM.

Good luck finding one made before 1986...

-Matt-
10-20-2009, 08:19 PM

One what?

martyo
10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I have a bunch of handguns including a Sig 232 .380 that I love, a Sig Blackwater Tactical 9mm that holds 20 rounds (just keep puling the trigger until it stops making noise or the intruder stops moving), a Kimber Crimson Custom .45, and a Remington 870 shotgun set up for home defense.

Word to the wise, do not break into my house or shop.....

:D

LANDY
10-20-2009, 08:28 PM
my AK was given to me by my uncle it has the ballonet and the wooden features it looks like a WWII weapon. but i have never fired it.
LANDY

tjl006
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
between me and my father:
4in blued colt python .357
sig p239 .40sw
sig trailside .22 with 6in barrel
anshutz model 64 .22
stoeger coach gun 12ga
H&R topper 12ga
Keltec sub2000 9mm
marlin .22magnum bolt action rifle
winchester 1300

ik04
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
GARAND!

My favorite rifle.

rayjay
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Too many to list. Every damn one of em is a favorite. :D

Marauderjack
10-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Too many to list. Every damn one of em is a favorite. :D

^^^+1^^^:beer:

I was a dealer in the 80's and 90's but gave up my FFL when Clinton made it a little "PRICEY" to keep!!!:argue::mad2:

I kept a "Safe-Full" for future use??:eek:

FordNut
10-21-2009, 05:16 AM

You can buy brand new full-auto weapons.

That would be worth it for one full auto ak.

The tax stamp is just the legal fee to have it. The full-auto piece is the real expense. Like between 10 and 30 times the cost of a semi-auto of the same weapon.

Legal full auto's are outrageously expensive ...

And kind of hard to find, too. But I've heard that ILLEGAL ones are easier to get. Anybody think the gang-bangers are using legal ones?

Mike Poore
10-21-2009, 06:12 AM
i had a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40. it was a nice little gun for the price, a Remington 870, an old bolt-action Winchester .22, and a Fausti 12 gauge over/under for skeet before they were all tragically lost in a boating accident :)

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Fausti; those are wonderful shotguns.

Most of you know I'm into competition trap ~10,000 targets a year, and along with some other stuff my working gun is a Kolar MAX TA Comp, two barrel set/ 34" unsingle and 32"doubles with custom fitted (at the factory) wood. Next August I make the Sr. Vet class, just in time for the Westy Hogans.:geezer:

Vortex
10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
[quote=FordNut;820268]You can buy brand new full-auto weapons.

Yeah, you can buy them, they are just not legal.

In 1986, to reaffirm Congress`s intent in passing the GCA and prevent improper law enforcement by BATF, Congress approved the Firearms Owners` Protection Act (FOPA).7 Near the end of debate on the measure, late at night with most members of the House of Representatives absent, Rep. William Hughes (D-N.J.) introduced an amendment related to fully-automatic firearms. Despite an apparent defeat of the amendment by voice vote, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), at the time presiding over the proceedings, declared the amendment approved. Hughes and Rangel were longtime "gun control" supporters.

BATF interpreted the amendment as a prohibition on the civilian possession of any fully-automatic firearm manufactured after May 19, 1986. The effect of the interpretation has been to "freeze" the number of privately owned fully-automatic firearms at roughly 150,000, an exact figure being unavailable due to privacy protection requirements that apply to tax-based laws such as the National Firearms Act. The crime-fighting utility of the 1986 "freeze" was questionable, since no legal, civilian-owned fully-automatic firearm had been used to commit a violent crime. BATF`s director at the time, Stephen Higgins, had testified before Congress in 1986 that the misuse of legally-owned fully-automatic firearms was "so minimal as not to be considered a law enforcement problem." Farmer v. Higgins

After passage of the FOPA, a law-abiding Georgian named Farmer applied for the registration of a fully-automatic firearm manufactured after May 19, 1986, but his application was rejected by BATF. Farmer contended that BATF`s interpretation of the measure as a prohibition on possession of fully-automatic firearms manufactured after May 19, 1986 was incorrect, since the law exempted fully-automatic firearms newly-manufactured under the authority of the United States, thus it would exempt firearms approved for registration by BATF. Farmer also questioned whether Congress had the power, under the Constitution, to ban the mere possession of a type of firearm and whether the exercise of any such power would violate the Second Amendment to the Constitution. The U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia ruled in Farmer`s favor. On appeal by the federal government, the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit reversed the decision with respect to BATF`s interpretation, but did not rule on the constitutional issues raised. The NRA`s Firearms Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund asked the Supreme Court of the United States to review the case. The Court declined, as it does the vast majority of cases. Thus the decision stands in the Eleventh Circuit, which encompasses Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

SILVERSURFER03
10-21-2009, 07:51 AM
i have this beretta fs92 9mm

Green96
10-21-2009, 04:54 PM

W4LTD
10-21-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.1funny.com/images/rednecks/redneck_school_bus_sign.jpg

xopher
10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Colt M1911A1 Mark IV Series 70 .45ACP
Walter P22 .22LR
Chinese Norinco SKS 7.62x39mm

In the close family:
Hi Standard Double Nine .22LR
Ruger Mark I .22LR
Ruger Mark III .22LR
Smith and Wesson Model 22A .22LR
Smith and Wesson Model 41 .22LR
Smith and Wesson Model 28 .357/.38
2 Remington Nylon 66s .22LR
(starts to gete fuzzy)
some more .22s rifles I can't remember
about a half dozen deer hunting rifles I never touch and can't remember
2-3 shotguns for birds
1 black powder
Savage 99
Colt AR-15 (A2? Sporter something)

Always been around guns, and thanks to good examples of levelheadedness, there was never a crazy gun mentality in the house. Unfortunately, I know folks who have the guns and the crazy gun mentality. It seems like the crazies have really come out of the woodwork in the last year with the email forwards and the unfounded claims about secret taxes and secret gun registration and secret secret UN invasions. :depress:

People with little or no facts ran out in droves to buy guns and ammo in the last 12 months based on little to no actual information, believing every email forward in their inbox without checking any of the facts they claimed. It's frightening how many people I thought were intelligent started spouting off made up threatened legislation and secret congresses and whatever other garbage they ran into and decided to repeat :shake:

I hope you guys are always researching the claims and ideas you come in contact with. There's alot of trash information out there on firearms, and the facts are always preferable to being brainwashed by a loose coalition of notions parading as the facts.

OK, I'm off my rational gun ownership soapbox. Back to the

:uzi: :gangster: :gunfire:

FordNut
10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
You can buy brand new full-auto weapons..

Yeah, you can buy them, they are just not legal.

In 1986, to reaffirm Congress`s intent in passing the GCA and prevent improper law enforcement by BATF, Congress approved the Firearms Owners` Protection Act (FOPA).7 Near the end of debate on the measure, late at night with most members of the House of Representatives absent, Rep. William Hughes (D-N.J.) introduced an amendment related to fully-automatic firearms. Despite an apparent defeat of the amendment by voice vote, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), at the time presiding over the proceedings, declared the amendment approved. Hughes and Rangel were longtime "gun control" supporters.

BATF interpreted the amendment as a prohibition on the civilian possession of any fully-automatic firearm manufactured after May 19, 1986. The effect of the interpretation has been to "freeze" the number of privately owned fully-automatic firearms at roughly 150,000, an exact figure being unavailable due to privacy protection requirements that apply to tax-based laws such as the National Firearms Act. The crime-fighting utility of the 1986 "freeze" was questionable, since no legal, civilian-owned fully-automatic firearm had been used to commit a violent crime. BATF`s director at the time, Stephen Higgins, had testified before Congress in 1986 that the misuse of legally-owned fully-automatic firearms was "so minimal as not to be considered a law enforcement problem." Farmer v. Higgins

After passage of the FOPA, a law-abiding Georgian named Farmer applied for the registration of a fully-automatic firearm manufactured after May 19, 1986, but his application was rejected by BATF. Farmer contended that BATF`s interpretation of the measure as a prohibition on possession of fully-automatic firearms manufactured after May 19, 1986 was incorrect, since the law exempted fully-automatic firearms newly-manufactured under the authority of the United States, thus it would exempt firearms approved for registration by BATF. Farmer also questioned whether Congress had the power, under the Constitution, to ban the mere possession of a type of firearm and whether the exercise of any such power would violate the Second Amendment to the Constitution. The U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia ruled in Farmer`s favor. On appeal by the federal government, the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit reversed the decision with respect to BATF`s interpretation, but did not rule on the constitutional issues raised. The NRA`s Firearms Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund asked the Supreme Court of the United States to review the case. The Court declined, as it does the vast majority of cases. Thus the decision stands in the Eleventh Circuit, which encompasses Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

They have some used ones and some brand new, fully transferrable ones here:
http://www.autoweapons.com/products/products.html

Brand new probably means never fired but pre-owned.

O's Fan Rich
10-23-2009, 05:22 AM
I have no guns.

Guns are bad.

I would never shoot anyone.

martyo
10-23-2009, 06:16 AM
I would never shoot anyone.

I am sorry to hear that.

O's Fan Rich
10-23-2009, 06:35 AM
I am sorry to hear that.

I just want to make sure that "whoever" may be reading threads like this sees that I am not a possible threat to the collective.......

martyo
10-23-2009, 06:40 AM
I just want to make sure that "whoever" may be reading threads like this sees that I am not a possible threat to the collective.......

I consider you a threat to the collective whether you have a gun or not.

Green96
10-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Guns are bad.

No, guns are just hunks of metal that cannot do anything without a bullet and a person to fire it. Some people are bad.

rickey1987
10-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Kimber .45 ultra carry II acp
glock .45 acp
glock 9mm
savage 300 mag
remington 1100
olympic arms AR15
s&w 22

ImpalaSlayer
10-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Guns are bad.

mmmmmmkay.

offroadking208
10-23-2009, 04:41 PM

lol, i know. which is what makes my guns being lost :( such a convenient thing to have happen :D

Vortex
10-24-2009, 06:50 AM

I read someplace this past weekend that Kahr Arms is owned by Rev. Moon and the Unification Church. Yep.

O's Fan Rich
10-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I read someplace this past weekend that Kahr Arms is owned by Rev. Moon and the Unification Church. Yep.

Oh.... Dear me! Weapons and a Church.....:shake::shake::shak e:

greggash
10-24-2009, 12:26 PM
We all have great collections of fine firearms.
mine has grown smaller in the past few months, but here are a few of my core favorites.

Colt Series 80 Gold Cup .45
Browning GP-Competition 9mm
Colt Mustang Plus-2 .380
S+W Model 19-4 with all target upgrades .38/.357
Beretta 8000 cougar 9mm
Marlin Golden 39A Un-fired .22
Oly Arms AR .223
Inland 1943 .30 Carbine

TMI

FordNut
10-24-2009, 01:46 PM
The best handgun for carry is one you'll actually carry. All the time.

That being said, most of mine are too bulky to carry in my "normal" street clothes, some of the compacts don't cooperate with pocket holsters. So I just carry a Davis Derringer 2-shot in a pocket holster. I have a 32 and a 22LR, sometimes switch them out but usually have the 22 since it's been carried so much the finish is worn off. It's always there, so it's better than a 45 in the car or a 357 at the house.

Wags
10-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I have just a few:

.22 Colt Frontier Scout single action (1st gun I ever got, given to me from gramps back in the 60's, neat little handgun)

9mm German Luger (1916) - again from gramps

.340 Weatherby

rayjay
10-26-2009, 04:58 AM

Nope, one of his sons and has nothing to do with his church. They turn out darn good, made in the USA product(s) and stand behind them.

CRZYBIKER
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Have way too many to list, but my latest addition also happens to be the most fun :) .http://www.largrizzly.com/image/image_gallery?uuid=0d1392d9-d546-4561-8a3a-ebec06267d1a&groupId=10122&t=1225515794295

shawn.criswell
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a couple of guns:
Berreta 92FS
Sig Arms P226
Colt Government Pocketlite II (.380)
Colt 1911 Mark IV
Bushmaster M-4
Remington 700