PDA

View Full Version : ID this car and sound people help me out...

Motorhead350
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
This is car related and...

NOTICE: Sorry Joe Walsh, it's music related again and I need to know something.

The first video has the car in it towards the middle. The video is a clip from the Sex Pistols movie The Great Rock n' Roll Swindle. You will see Steve jump into the car at the end of the clip too. Is this a Chevy Caprice? Kinda funny being an American car all the way over there, but it sounds like a old Rock N' Roll song... it fits well.

Now for the sound. The second recording is the recording you get on the soundtrack to the film. What is done differently to get the different sound? I think the first recording is 1/4 step flat to the album, but I am not sure. It sounds like the same exact song, but I like the mix of the one in the film as suppose to the album.

Any clues? Maybe I can find the movie mix somewhere. I want it really bad. I this is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzY6bBtZEc ....the car is in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KQj5f4owNo ....other mix in this version.

BTW the first video has breasts in it, it may offend some of you. :rolleyes:

MrBluGruv
10-21-2009, 11:58 PM
The second one sounds a little more tight of a recording, definately about a half-step higher in key. It seems like two separate recordings altogether where the one in the film was done to fit within a film as opposed to just go on an album.

I know it isn't uncommon at all for acts to play a completely different key and tempo from their album version of the song, Rush has had to do that on their later concerts from what I think is Geddy just can't hit those high notes any more. There was a video too of Tom Morello describing his techniques when he worked with Rage Against the Machine, and when he describes how to play Bulls on Parade he gives a key that's like a half-step or a whole-step off the original album recording.

Motorhead350
10-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I was thinking, maybe the first recording was a version of the tapes slowed down. Would that make since? :confused:

MrBluGruv
10-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Eh, the tempo doesn't stand out as much as the pitch for being different. It could be just a less noticable thing anyways, but it just doesn't seem they would do that. Logically I would think they would do another cut of the song for the movie for the sake of ease in getting the timing right.

Blackened300a
10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
BTW the first video has breasts in it, it may offend some of you. :rolleyes:

No Im actually more offended by looking at two young gentlemen making out in the related videos section that pops up with this video. :puke:

Motorhead350
10-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Anyone know the car?

Joe Walsh
10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Dom, I finally looked at your thread.

That video showed boobies!

Yes, Its a Chevy Caprice convertible...mid 70s.
They should have used a late 60's Electra "Deuce and a quarter".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Buick_Electra_convertible _front_--_08-30-2009.jpg

UncleLar
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
73 or 74 Caprice,I'm betting on 74

justbob
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
74 Impala. My dad owned a cream colored hardtop.

Motorhead350
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Dom, I finally looked at your thread.

That video showed boobies!

Yes, Its a Chevy Caprice convertible...mid 70s.
They should have used a late 60's Electra "Deuce and a quarter".

So music threads with boobies and classic cars is okay? :D

The car you showed would have fit better for leaving a whore house, yes I agree.

:lol:

Does anyone else think the song in the first version is just a slowed down recording of the second or I am alone on this one?

UncleLar
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Dom,one simple rule of life,if it's got boobs,tubes or wheels you'll have trouble with it!

Motorhead350
10-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Did it ever occur to you that boobs (fake) and boost are around the same price?