PDA

View Full Version : EcoBoost on Speed

SVT_MERC
10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
EcoBoost on Speed
The show Test Drive is on SPEED TV right now. Showed a couple clips of WWDC on it. They are putting a Lincoln MKS with EcoBoost against European V8 powered cars @ Loveland Pass in Colorado

imorb1994
10-24-2009, 04:31 PM
EcoBoost on Speed
The show Test Drive is on SPEED TV right now. Showed a couple clips of WWDC on it. They are putting a Lincoln MKS with EcoBoost against European V8 powered cars @ Loveland Pass in Colorado
http://www.6versus8.com/showdown/intro/index.html

SpartaPerformance
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I've seen that already, it's great video. I wont spoil the ending.

ImpalaSlayer
10-25-2009, 09:53 AM
i think the Lincoln looks much better then the sho. pretty cool video

LeoVampire
10-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I think Ford/Lincoln did an awsome job in producing a car that is definatly reaching for a new age of Technology and capability's. It's nice to see something imagined come to life and actualy work as good if not better than intended.

Yes a lot of the other Europian companys and people who love those car's are going to say this and that about temps and altitudes and years of enginiering this and that but in the end they can not deny what the test results showed.

I am sure most of them would like to foget over the years how one car company or another has used some of Ford's technology and or parts from engine's to tranny's and even whole vehicle's and paid Ford for them so they can have something to sell that appeals to the market at the time.

The Ford Windstar is a good example of an entire vehicle 2 Asian company's used it when the mini van market was seriously on the rise.

Konig used the Ford 4.6 for one of their super car's with some modifications for their first year run.

So out of all of this windy writing what does it mean? Ford has done it again and now everyone as to start rethinking all over again and it pisses them off. A luxury car with better gas milage and handling in a better rounded package that can compeat with some of the top European one's.

Way to go Ford for doing it again!

1stMerc
10-25-2009, 10:54 AM
I came in near the end of that show. Thanks for posting the link.