PDA

View Full Version : UncleLar is in the hospital

justbob
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
He called me this afternoon. He woke up in bad shape this morning coughing and hacking like he has been doing for I guess a week now due to a bad cold, however this morning involving blood. Anyways it appears to be Bronchitis, they are running alot of tests but he looks to be doing quite a bit better.

I don't want to discuss all of his ailments on the web, I'll let the man himself tell you.

He is at Northwestern community hospital in Arlington Heights.
Phone: 847-618-2671 Bed 2 He would like to hear from some of you, but his cell is running out of battery, so call him direct.

The family and I wish you a speedy recovery Lar.

ImpalaSlayer
10-25-2009, 06:02 PM
damn im sorry to hear this :(

get well soon unclelar!!

offroadkarter
10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
hoping for the best

Mr. Man
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Your MM misses you

RoyLPita
10-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Get well soon, Larry.

Cobra25
10-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope you feel better soon.

guspech750
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I only met him once, but he is a heck of a nice guy. I hope UncleLar feels better soon. I am sure he will. He is at a very good hospital.

Ken
10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
damn im sorry to hear this :(

get well soon unclelar!!+ 1

Never met the man, but he likes Dominic, So...:up:

Ken

TAKEDOWN
10-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh Boy... I'm going to try to visit tomorrow!

Hacklemerc
10-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Get well soon man...

Motorhead350
10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh Boy... I'm going to try to visit tomorrow!

Ya I better go too. He won't be reading here anyway.. or at least until her returns home.

Mike
10-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Get well!!!

dohc324ci
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I wish him a speedy recovery!

CROWNMARAUDER
10-26-2009, 05:15 AM
I bought a trunk organizer from him last year & had a couple great conversations with him. He's a great guy. Get well soon Unclelar!!!

chapel1
10-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Get well Soon Uncle Lar!!

Bluerauder
10-26-2009, 07:19 AM
He called me this afternoon. He woke up in bad shape this morning coughing and hacking like he has been doing for I guess a week now due to a bad cold, however this morning involving blood. Anyways it appears to be Bronchitis, they are running alot of tests but he looks to be doing quite a bit better.
Get well soon, Uncle Lar. Ya gotta watch this ^^^^ stuff 'cause it can proceed into Pneumonia with other complications pretty rapidly. Ask me how I know :rolleyes: --- made me miss MV IV in Orlando, FL. Nasty stuff.

UncleLar
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow,Thanks for all the good wishes and concern everyone!I'm home now feeling much better.Not free and clear as they found a big tumor on my Thyroid,I'll go in for ultra sound tests on that in a couple of days,they did a cat scan and saw it was pretty big,actually displacing my esophogus some and interfering with my breathing and definitely contributing to my sleep apnea.
What got me to run to the ER was I went to bed Saturday night but was coughing up a storm and it kept me me really being able to sleep and actually was disturbing the normal breathing process so I got up for a while and went onto the computer.I was still coughing up a storm but I figured it was the cold that had been trying to take hold the past two weeks had kicked in.I went to the bathroom and hacked something up so I spit it into some toilet paper and it was frothy bright red blood! Then I got kinda scared because I take Warfarin (Coumadin,rat poison) which is a blood thinner and keeps the blood from clotting so I figured I'd better high tail it to an ER.Jumped in the MM and hit the throttle as I had no idea how much I'd already bled out or if something would let loose and I'd either bleed out or drown in my own blood and I wanted to get to a hospital where I knew some of the doctors quick and an ambulance would only have taken me to the closet one and somewhere in the back of my mind I remember thinking that if it was my last ride I wanted it to be in the MM.I made it to the hospital pretty quick and a valet at the ER took care of the MM after a strong warning,they got me in,did some chest x rays and a cat scan and determined the lungs were okay and clear of any of the big C and deduced I actually had a pretty bad case of Bronchitis causing all the bleeding with all the coughing and also saw the Thyroid problem.After two days and a night in the hospital treating the Bronchitis with some killer antibiotic I feel pretty good,the coughing subsided and so did the coughing up blood,and convinced the doctor into letting me go home as I was going stir crazy.I promised if there were any were any negative changes I'd get right back there.She told me I'd have to be off the Warfarin for about a week before they could do the biopsy,I asked if there was any more major concern about the bronchitis and she said no as long as I get the antibiotic script filled and take it exactly as directed so I said then there's really no need to sit in the hospital for over a week because I still had to make the appointments for the ultra sound and with the other two doctors and her before they could have me discontinue the Warfarin so she relented and released me with the provisions I make the appointments right away tomorrow morning.We have no reason to believe the tumor in the Thyroid is malignant,but the Thyroid will have to be removed and I'll have to take meds to compensate for that but I'm pretty used to taking meds and I'll actually feel and do better without it.
So all in all it's good news about the coughing up blood not being serious and not too bad news about the Thyroid.
BTW,I was in Northwest Community Hosp. in Arlington Heights,IL. and received great care by a caring staff and believe it or not the food was pretty darn good too. When they released me they had a valet go get the MM for me and grabbed the keys and said Mercury,I said no,Mercury Marauder!When he got back with the car he was grinning ear to ear,he said he'd seen MM's before although not a DTR but had never been in one and he loved it and couldn't believe how good it sounded so I revved it a couple times pretty good before I drove off and I could see he dug it.

ImpalaSlayer
10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow,Thanks for all the good wishes and concern everyone!I'm home now feeling much better.Not free and clear as they found a big tumor on my Thyroid,I'll go in for ultra sound tests on that in a couple of days,they did a cat scan and saw it was pretty big,actually displacing my esophogus some and interfering with my breathing and definitely contributing to my sleep apnea.
What got me to run to the ER was I went to bed Saturday night but was coughing up a storm and it kept me me really being able to sleep and actually was disturbing the normal breathing process so I got up for a while and went onto the computer.I was still coughing up a storm but I figured it was the cold that had been trying to take hold the past two weeks had kicked in.I went to the bathroom and hacked something up so I spit it into some toilet paper and it was frothy bright red blood! Then I got kinda scared because I take Warfarin (Coumadin,rat poison) which is a blood thinner and keeps the blood from clotting so I figured I'd better high tail it to an ER.Jumped in the MM and hit the throttle as I had no idea how much I'd already bled out or if something would let loose and I'd either bleed out or drown in my own blood and I wanted to get to a hospital where I knew some of the doctors quick and an ambulance would only have taken me to the closet one and somewhere in the back of my mind I remember thinking that if it was my last ride I wanted it to be in the MM.I made it to the hospital pretty quick and a valet at the ER took care of the MM after a strong warning,they got me in,did some chest x rays and a cat scan and determined the lungs were okay and clear of any of the big C and deduced I actually had a pretty bad case of Bronchitis causing all the bleeding with all the coughing and also saw the Thyroid problem.After two days and a night in the hospital treating the Bronchitis with some killer antibiotic I feel pretty good,the coughing subsided and so did the coughing up blood,and convinced the doctor into letting me go home as I was going stir crazy.I promised if there were any were any negative changes I'd get right back there.She told me I'd have to be off the Warfarin for about a week before they could do the biopsy,I asked if there was any more major concern about the bronchitis and she said no as long as I get the antibiotic script filled and take it exactly as directed so I said then there's really no need to sit in the hospital for over a week because I still had to make the appointments for the ultra sound and with the other two doctors and her before they could have me discontinue the Warfarin so she relented and released me with the provisions I make the appointments right away tomorrow morning.We have no reason to believe the tumor in the Thyroid is malignant,but the Thyroid will have to be removed and I'll have to take meds to compensate for that but I'm pretty used to taking meds and I'll actually feel and do better without it.
So all in all it's good news about the coughing up blood not being serious and not too bad news about the Thyroid.
BTW,I was in Northwest Community Hosp. in Arlington Heights,IL. and received great care by a caring staff and believe it or not the food was pretty darn good too. When they released me they had a valet go get the MM for me and grabbed the keys and said Mercury,I said no,Mercury Marauder!When he got back with the car he was grinning ear to ear,he said he'd seen MM's before although not a DTR but had never been in one and he loved it and couldn't believe how good it sounded so I revved it a couple times pretty good before I drove off and I could see he dug it.

good to hear your out and doing better :up:

justbob
10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the call tonight Lar, I still can't believe how much better you sounded and how fast they let you outa there! Stay healthy, keep us updated, and see you on the 8th.

guspech750
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow! I am glad you are out and about. NW Community is a great hospital. My wife used to be a surgical heart nurse there. Now shes at Delnor. (Delnors good but not great). Nice attitude too. Might as well have your last drive in your Marauder. Love it. I hope all is good for you.

Phrog_gunner
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear you are back up and at em....

Motorhead350
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear you're alright. I was going to go there tomorrow. The bad news is I didn't make it, the good news is you're out! ;)