PDA

View Full Version : Ford Flex Owners

Jolly Roger
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Guys (and gals),
this is a follow up to a previous thread of mine from back in June.
At the time I was asking opinions on the Ford Flex, but now i'm going a step farther to ask opinions of acual Flex owners.
What are your likes and (if any) dislikes.
Still considering buying one but would first like to get some real world observations from owners.
As always your comments are appreciated.
Thanks.:)

dohc324ci
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Go with the EcoBoost AWD version! That should be fun. I test drove a few and very nice materials and felt more expensive than it was. Had good power and drove real nice. Sportish. Still couldn't trade in my 2003 3/4 Suburban for it though. I may wait a few more years for a nice used one.

Jolly Roger
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Definately an Ecoboost AWD Limited with class 3 towing hitch.
Can't afford any more options.:(

dohc324ci
10-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Thats one of the drawbacks to purchasing the Flex; I think fully optioned I was at 46-48K or something like that. Me and the wife really, really liked it though. The dual sun/moon-roof was cool. Power liftgate, DVD, GPS, all the amenities and decent MPG to boot! Good luck with the purchase. If you can maybe wait until the end of the year better deals to be had.

Marauder_Santa
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
While the MM was in the shop at the local dealer, they drove me home in a Flex. I liked all the room inside. I'm 6'2 and saw that there was a ton of legroom in the back seat. I did not look any further than all the surface stuff, but the inside room suprised me. If I was looking for this type of car I would consider the Flex.

Cobra25
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
My friends wife owners one, loves it with no issues.

Jolly Roger
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks to all so far,
keep it commin.:)

SpartaPerformance
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
The Flex got rave reviews when it came out by Motor Trend C&D and R&T, the Ecoboost version got even more thumbs up. I'm not an owner but the 3 customer that I have LOVE them even with the regular 3.5L, they say it rides like on air and drives like a med sedan.

Jolly Roger
10-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Was forced to drop back to the SEL with Ecoboost AWD,
hashing out bottom line price with dealer now.:o

dohc324ci
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Great News! Post up on the whole driving experience with ECOBOOST! Only drove the SEL/Limited NA version. Do they do anything different suspension wise?

BigCars4Ever
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't own one but I haven't talked to a single owner that didn't praise it. The only complaint I heard was not to believe the epa numbers. I can not say the same for the Pacifica. It's a piece of crap and everyone else that owns one agrees. If I could convince my wife to dump it there would be no remorse. Since she likes it though I got the extended warranty. Kinda of like buying a spare transmission coupon that will likely get redeemed.

Jolly Roger
10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Great News! Post up on the whole driving experience with ECOBOOST! Only drove the SEL/Limited NA version. Do they do anything different suspension wise?

Yeah,
it's supposed to have a beefed up and differently tuned suspention for Ecoboost in addition to a 20" wheel upgrade.
I hated to to forego the limted and lose the nav system, backup camera, HID'S and LED's and some other misc. but the sit down at the dealer caused realiy to set in once numbers started being discussed so gotta settle on the SEL.
Still dancin with the dealer on numbers.