PDA

View Full Version : Mopar people are complete wimps

Motorhead350
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Before we jump to conclusions I want to mention this is towards owners of current Mopar cars. If you wanna call them Mopars. WITH the exception of Donny Carson.

This summer I started having more fun than ever with my Marauder and like to play with almost anyone at the track and sometimes the street... ok maybe a little more than sometimes. If I notice someone with a Mustang, Camaro, Import they will play right along with me. If someone has a SRT8 Whatever, 4 outta 5 times they will just drive it like a V6.

On a few occasions I have spotted SRT8 Challengers and Chargers on the street and no one wants to play. Maybe it's because they are more mature, seriously let's think about this. Those who can afford those cars are now are usually 20 years older than me and probably know right, wrong and fun better than I do. There have been a few people in their 30's that I have noticed with SRT8 Challengers, but they don't wanna play. Not even look. A few times I try to get their attention in traffic just to give them the thumbs up on a sweet ride, they don't even wanna look... not even for someone to tell them their car is cool. When I find an SRT8 at the track they will not wait for you to race, even before they know what I drive. People in almost anything else will wait or race you when you are ready at a track, but SRT8 people seem to wanna get in, run 3 runs and leave.

I had a neighbor with an SRT8 Jeep and me and him had some fun literally racing home one day, but that was about it. Another neighbor had one and we kept talking about racing AT THE TRACK (seriously) and one thing after another would come up with this guy. He didn't wanna race. He got rid of it since then for an M3.

As far as old school Mopar people, they are alright and seem to have cult following like we do with our Mercurys. They don't mind playing around. These guys with current Pony Cars made by Mercedes with Dodge badging just don't seem to wanna play. I don't understand. If you have a 420+HP car you should enjoy it. I have seen people with V6 Mustangs have more fun.

Does anyone notice this or is it just me?

BTW I know there is a small percentage of people who actually enjoy these cars, but it really seems low. Not all current Mopar are wimps, (I would prefer another word) but it's just not pleasant. They are almost giving Mopar a bad name. Almost like everyone that thinks Imports are junk. Imagine how the real group of devoted people must feel, now that Hollywood has ruined their scene.

Donny Carlson
10-26-2009, 10:21 PM
There's all kinds, Dom. I know several R/T and SRT owners who like to race and aren't afraid to do it on the streets. You are right that SRT owners tend to be older and more affluent, mainly because the cars new cost $45K and up. SRT Chargers to a lesser degree (you can get a pretty amazing deal on 2009 Charger SRT's, even Super Bees right now). Magnum SRT guys seem to be more drag racing oriented, but Maggy SRT's are pretty rare. The one Jeep SRT owner I know isn't afraid to race, and his SUV with all wheel drive ran mid 12's at Montgomery last week.

I think it's mainly Mustang/Marauder owners are younger, more into street kills than older SRT Challenger/Charger owners. Keep trying, you'll find somebody who'll rise to it.

DOOM
10-26-2009, 11:08 PM
For some reason EVERY time I come across a hemi boy they want to play!
But it's always the same outcome. :D

Guess Chicago is diffrent than Maryland. :dunno:

DOOM
10-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Maybe that's the diffrence. Most of the hemi guys in this area are in their 20's & early 30's

But one of the last hemi SRT/8's I destroyed was a silver challenger driven by a man who looked like he was in his mid to late 40's.

justbob
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
No Doom, same for me. Must be an inner city thing?

I damn near bought a sweet black 300 SRT/8 a couple days before the dealer closings, fully equipped for $36,000.00. I lost out on that one.

a_d_a_m
10-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Before we jump to conclusions I want to mention this is towards owners of current Mopar cars. Ahem.
(You covered yourself later in the post :D)

vkirkend
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Just because people will not race you on the street does not make them wimps. it makes them LAW ABIDING citizens and more mature than you. And if they don't want to wait for you to get ready to race when they already are that also doesw not make them wimps....

88LTDCV351
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I've noticed a few out here (Charger SRT8, Challenger, etc.) driving like granpas and grandmas. If they are like me, they are probably doing it to maximize their gas mileage due to cost. Some people also have long commutes to work like me so its beneficial. Unfortunately, one has to refrain from enjoying the car as much.

Donny Carlson
10-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I know from experience how it feels to be schooled by a big, badazz black Mercury sedan, right Glenn? :o Maybe these guys had already been to class with some other MM or Mustang.

DOOM
10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
:o Maybe these guys had already been to class with some other MM.

:D :wave:.

Motorhead350
10-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I know from experience how it feels to be schooled by a big, badazz black Mercury sedan, right Glenn? :o Maybe these guys had already been to class with some other MM or Mustang.

That's a good conclusion. :)

LOWBUCKMM
10-30-2009, 06:38 PM

I damn near bought a sweet black 300 SRT/8 a couple days before the dealer closings, fully equipped for $36,000.00. I lost out on that one.

you did not lose out. you got lucky that you did not buy it. im not saying they are bad cars i would have bought one but, i like cars you dont see every day. i see many srt's any day of the week. and today was the first marauder i have seen in about 2 and half weeks.

Donny Carlson
10-30-2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah, 300C SRT's are very nice, plus you can do all the go fast stuff to them. Arrington engines features a 300 SRT with a type 2 cam and heads, ported, that makes 530 rwhp, but still has 300 drivability and manners... until you push hard on that right most pedal. That was a deal.

Donny Carlson
10-30-2009, 06:50 PM
you did not lose out. you got lucky that you did not buy it. im not saying they are bad cars i would have bought one but, i like cars you dont see every day. i see many srt's any day of the week. and today was the first marauder i have seen in about 2 and half weeks.

I have a customer that owns a red MM I see 2-3 times a week. I occasionally see black MMs, there's one blue in my neighborhood, and Al used to blast by me on Lorna Road in his silver. MM's are rare enough that I always stop to look at one when I see one drive by or pass by me.

Chrylser 300 SRT, though, at least around here, are much rarer than MM's 300's, even 300c's, yeah, but not many SRT's around here. Same for Chargers, lots of base models and SXT's, a few R/T's, rarely an SRT.

That said, a lot of people would't realise it's rare if they saw one, just see it as another 300, much like most people who see a Marauder think it's just another CV or GM. Somebody who knows, though, it's a treat.