PDA

View Full Version : Ford's long road back is showing some promise

GordonB
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi all,
Received this article as pass along from my son-in-law who works for Ford in Dearborn. I had heard something about this, but this is the succinct, definitive word.
GordonB :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great News from Dearborn,

Consumer Reports, the most influential tool consumers use to buy a vehicle, just released their reliability study and Ford had 90% of models recommended. GM (44%) and Chrysler (4%) did not fare as well. It takes years to change consumers minds on vehicle brands; hopefully the continued improved reliability of Ford vehicles will keep gaining traction in the marketplace. Please spread the word. Thank you.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33494204

From our coroporate website:

According to the Consumer Reports release, "Ford's sustained production of vehicles that are as dependable – or better than – some of the industry's best dispels the notion that only Japanese manufacturers make reliable cars. Other than the Toyota Prius, the reliability of the 4-cylinder Fusion and Milan ranks higher than that of any other family sedan. Both of those Ford Motor Company products continue to beat the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, while the upscale Lincoln MKZ tops its rivals, the Acura TL and Lexus ES."

David Champion, senior director of Consumer Reports' Automotive Test Center, had additional praise for Ford's trio of mid-size sedans.

"It's rare for Consumer Reports to see family sedans from domestic carmakers continue to beat the reliability scores of such highly regarded Japanese models as the Camry and Accord," said Champion in the news release.

Overall, about 90 percent of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products were rated average or better reliability in the Consumer Reports survey.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Krytin
10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Good one!
Thanks for posting this Gordon!!

DOOM
10-27-2009, 05:20 PM
:2thumbs:

That's a beautiful thing.

GordonB
10-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm glad my son-in-law sent me the info. And, I am glad to see Ford making inroads into the 'vaunted' Honda/Toyota Quality 'Mistique'. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings here who owns the vaunted Honda/Toyota POSes. I been there and done that -- '84 Toyota Corolla SR5 2-dr coupe and '81 Datsun 510 Wagon -- complete rustbuckets just for openers! Sorry for venting, but just my 2 cents.

GordonB

SpartaPerformance
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
That's great!!! Many auto publications have stated Ford has had excellent reliability in past few years since the "turn around". I can't wait for the 2011 Focus with the Ecoboost 4 cyl 260hp of tuner crushing power.

Bigdogjim
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
It is good news indeed. Ford might out sell GM for the first time since 1931!

GordonB
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
More Good Ford News -----Fusion news!!!!
All Fusion variants for 2010, 2.5L I-4, 2.5L I-4 HEV, 3.0L V6, and 3.5L V6 won Motor Trend's Car of the Year.
Here is the link on MT's Car of the Year, incl. all engine combos:
http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_1001_2010_motor_trend_car_ of_the_year_ford_fusion/index.html

GordonB

ledzilla
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
I read a similar article just a day or two ago. There seems to be only two Ford vehicles that need some serious quality improvements: the F-250 and the new Lincoln MKS. See, I KNEW there was a reason that I like to stick with Fords. :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
11-19-2009, 06:39 AM
'84 Toyota Corolla SR5 2-dr coupe and '81 Datsun 510 Wagon

Yeah those are relevant points of comparison ...

lol

That aside, this is good news