PDA

View Full Version : Any A/V nerds out there?

justbob
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm having trouble with hooking up my PC to two projectors. I downloaded a couple different halloween videos to play in my front windows. Anyways, I tried using an S video cable to one projector and it worked great, untill I moved the projecter a little (carefully) and then I lost my picture. I tried a DVD player and that worked, but These downloads are copy protected so I must use my Laptop.

So, my questions are this:

1) Why is my PC not showing thru the projector anymore? It makes that noise when I plug it in, indicating something is plugged in?
2) Does anyone sell a 1 into 2 splitter for S video for mutiple moniters?

I have the sound taken care of thru the jacks on the PC.

Thanks guys.

fastblackmerc
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm having trouble with hooking up my PC to two projectors. I downloaded a couple different halloween videos to play in my front windows. Anyways, I tried using an S video cable to one projector and it worked great, untill I moved the projecter a little (carefully) and then I lost my picture. I tried a DVD player and that worked, but These downloads are copy protected so I must use my Laptop.

So, my questions are this:

1) Why is my PC not showing thru the projector anymore? It makes that noise when I plug it in, indicating something is plugged in?
2) Does anyone sell a 1 into 2 splitter for S video for mutiple moniters?

I have the sound taken care of thru the jacks on the PC.

Thanks guys.

I there a key combination to enable external video?

gja
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
It's very common for a laptop to use a high resolution and refresh rate to it's native LCD panel, one that is too high for external projectors and such.

What model/make is the projector you are looking to drive?
Let me know and I will tell you how to setup the output.

justbob
10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I there a key combination to enable external video?
Not sure but doubt it. I've hooked it up to the plasma before, just had bad resolution issues.

It's very common for a laptop to use a high resolution and refresh rate to it's native LCD panel, one that is too high for external projectors and such.

What model/make is the projector you are looking to drive?
Let me know and I will tell you how to setup the output.
Mine is a InFocus Screen play HDTV, the other I am borrowing from a friend and I don't know what he has. The Laptop is a HP Pavillion dv6000.

My friend said he was gonna bring a VGA splitter and cables and give that a shot. What do you think?

cvpiftw
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
You need to probobly enable it or its auto enable. Restart the computer and see if it displays the startup screen on the projector, this will tell you if its the PC or projector

offroadkarter
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm assuming you've tried Function + F8 or whatever F key sends display to an external monitor?

justbob
10-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm assuming you've tried Function + F8 or whatever F key sends display to an external monitor?

I honestly did not know about it! I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.

offroadkarter
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I honestly did not know about it! I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.

hahahaha :D Im sure if you cycle thru FN + F8 you'll figure it out