PDA

View Full Version : Lost a good friend yesterday

Hack Goby
10-30-2009, 09:44 AM
R.I.P. Bud,Tina`s Lab and my buddy was put down yesterday after fighting cancer for a year.Im not much of a dog person but he was one of a kind. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Port_Hope_early_Oct_003.JPG

Pops
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Thats to bad Paul! Now you are going to have put up with me next week!:D

SC Cheesehead
10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Man, I can relate to that.

E-Dubb just had his dog pass away in his sleep on Wed. night, so we're feeling it here, too.

There's no doubt in my mind that dogs are just like kids. and losing one is just as tough. Tell Tina we're thinking about you guys.

It's been 5 years since I had to put my 'ol buddy Stout down, and there's hardly a day goes by that I still don't think about him.

Ms. Denmark
10-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Our hearts go out to you and Tina on the loss of your devoted friend and family member. It's so hard to lose them! May you both find peace knowing he was well loved and died knowing how much he ment to you. You'll be in our prayers.

In sympathy, (we've been there and still morn the loss of our girls)
Paula & Eric

LeoVampire
10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes your child or at least that is what I think of my Molly and Franky. I would be lost without them so I can imagine how hard it is for you both!
May the memories last a life time and your greaving eb soon!

:(

Bluerauder
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
R.I.P. Bud,Tina`s Lab and my buddy also was put down yesterday after fighting cancer for a year.
R.I.P. Bud.

Sorry to hear this Paul. It can be a very difficult time for Tina. Couldn't believe how much a similar incident affected me about 3-4 years ago.

ckadiddle
10-30-2009, 02:50 PM
So long, Bud. Rest quietly now.

Sad to hear it. Out thoughts and prayers are with you guys in your time of grief. We had the same experience recently.

We had to put our old friend Harley to sleep about a month ago. She was rescued from the shelter to be a companion to my second wife after she was no longer able to work. Kadiddlebabe and Harley became very close friends when the same thing happened to her. Vet said it was likely cancer, it only took three weeks for her to go from normal to very sickly. We miss her every day. I never wanted the stupid dog to begin with but after 13 years I discovered I was deeply attached to the stupid mutt, even though she sometimes smelled like the inside of a vacuum cleaner bag. She would shed nearly three Chihuahuas worth of hair onto the floors every week. Harley was cremated and her urn sits next to her first Mommy's urn in a special place in our home. She was nearly fifteen years old.

If some of you have a beloved pet that you want to remember in a special way, my father-in-law (who owns a human cremation service) knew of a business that handles pet cremations etc. Harley's remains rest in a small urn with a wonderful likeness of her face painted on the front by an artist. All I had to do was provide several printouts of photos of her. The artist did a really amazing likeness.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/100_0425.jpg

We often take them for granted. We don't realize that dogs (and maybe a few cats) give us something you cannot get anywhere else - completely unconditional love. They don't care if you are a A-hole today, they still get happy when you come home from work. They don't care if you stink like raw sewage after doing yard work. They still love ya. They don't care if you have a job or not. They don't care if you are black or white. They don't care if you are fat or thin, pretty or ugly. This kind of love is very difficult to find in humans.

Harley got me through a lot of very very rough times, including the illness and death of my second wife. She mourned with me and kept me from being alone in a house that became far too empty. Harley was one of a kind. I miss tripping over her forty-two pound bulk when trying to get to the bathroom in a hurry. I miss her hairy tumbleweeds in the corners. I miss her farting under the bed, and getting up and moving away from it. I miss her farting and looking at me like I did it.

The world would be a much lesser place without our canine family members in it.

martyo
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Im not much of a dog person but he was one of a kind.

Thats to bad Paul! Now you are going to have put up with me next week!:D

Paul:

I am sorry to hear of this!

Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

Now, I hope John told you that I have three that will be all over you when you stay at Casa de MO Speed next week!

Bigdogjim
10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
The Beagles Buddies (Willie & Sallie) were sorry to hear of Bud's passing.

You will see him again at the Rainbow Bridge.

WWW.rainbowbridge.com (http://WWW.rainbowbridge.com)

LOWBUCKMM
10-30-2009, 06:29 PM
when i was 1 we got our first family dog as a pup. and he lived to be almost 17. and almost 10 years later i still miss him. and i have a dog of my own and he is 2 years old now. and i cant go a day with out seeing him. i feel your hurt and i wish no one had to go thou it. best of luck to you and just take it one day at a time.

Donny Carlson
10-30-2009, 07:05 PM
I lost my female Schauzer, Sabrina, this week, too. Natural causes, it was just her time. She was out on the back deck all day and had been feeling poorly, but we gave her a mild sedative, she took a long nap in the sunshine. Later bed time it was pretty obvious from her breathing that the end was not far off, so she got put to bed covered with her favorite blanket, and she passed away during the night. She's buried up in the back next to the other pets that have passed away over the years.

jabird56
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, I had to put my 14 1/2 year yellow lab "Brandy" down back in JAN 05. A friend sent me this passage below that may help...

A Dog’s Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know from the fierce wagging of my tail whenever your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, and no longer accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the warm hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with my last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

W.G. Corgill/1987

rayjay
10-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Sorry for your loss Paul. It can be like losing a child or close friend. I still miss ole Duke. RIP bud.

PhastPhil
10-31-2009, 04:50 AM
I lost my big guy a year ago this August, and I still miss him. ( He's my Avatar) His passing was unexpected, and came quickly.

A dog touches your heart in a way no other can.

I'm sorry for your loss.

R.I.P Bud

Motorhead350
11-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Dudes, buy turtles! They will outlive you!

Sorry for the loss though.

I had a dog that I found when I was 8 and kept until his death when I was 17. Turns out he was older than me. We found records that indicated he was around 22 or 23 when he died. We were the third owners and there were photos of him in the late 70s. He was part Beagle and part Manchester with the fur of a Rot. He was one cool dog. He died when his vision when out and accidently walked off the house deck and broke his spine. On his final ride to the hospital he gave me one last lick in the back of the X5 he was riding in. It had to have been the worst night of my life.

What a sad thread.

BODYMAN
11-03-2009, 08:36 AM
R.IP. --BUD! Loosing a dog is a very hard time. I feel for you I have a Doberman who is 13 years old. I dread the day he goes to heaven. my symphathys and prayers go out

ctrlraven
11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry to about your loss! It's always hard losing a furry family member down. I had to make the choice just about a year ago to put my first dog of over 15 yrs down cause she couldn't fight the good fight anymore. I'm very thankful for a great Vet, she said she would try all that she could and when she felt she could no longer do anything she would would tell me.

My first dog Trixie (part Mini Queen Elizabeth Beagle)
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/49/l_e71a6e1ff8036fdcb6794ef8cd0e 0980.jpg

And my new knuckle heads (Beagle and Basset mix, Maggie: Mother & Sasha: Daughter)
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_3986d156f34542eb9e04291f56a5 effc.jpg

Ms. Denmark
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Trixie is beautiful. It's always so hard, but we must do what's best for them...they trust us to do just that, even though our heart's break in the process. Your Maggie and Sasha are beautiful too. Not in place of....but because of......

Donny Carlson
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Dogs have such short lives compared to humans, it's a shame. They are such good companions. We also have a parrot, Joe, who though he is a character and talks up a storm, just isn't the same as having a dog to sit by your feet, pat on the head, or go toss the ball to in the back yard. Joe likes to have his head scratched and loves attention, and says some pretty funny stuff. But he also can bite the crap out of you, then laugh like a mental patient as you yell and swear at him. And he'll outlive me by twenty-thirty years if I don't ring his neck one day.